A lovely Fall Afternoon hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lovely Fall Afternoon hello

I was walking around the back forty for a breath of very brisk fall air. Our little garden at this time of year is a maze of tall brown weeds, weak vines from tomatoes and lovely green ground ivy. In one disused large washtub where the patty pan squash resided this past summer was a glorious array of clover. Pretty little clover leaves all clumped together and oddly enough, a bloom or two. Such a sweet sight I was thrilled to see!

I stood there gazing and a song ran through my head- I bet you've heard it "I'm looking over a 4 leaf clover that I overlooked before . . ." And so, the melody ran through my mind even though I couldn't remember the lyrics. Max, my Sheltie arrived at my heels when he heard me in my raspy voice humming. While surveying the clover I was overjoyed to find not one but two 4 leaf clovers!

I am not good with statistics or actually, math in general - which explains a lot about my quilt making skills I think. That is to say I am fair to middlin' when it comes to most things but I am the type of person who sees the big picture, the finished results. I let the details sort themselves out as I go. It would be so much nicer if I could wrap my mind around the itty bitty fractions better. I seem to have to re invent the wheel each time I work on a new pattern. It doesn't help to remind me to follow the directions - too much of that math. I look at the pictures and start from there. My brain works that way and I reckon that is part of my peculiar personality. My tops are never quite squared or even. My family looks at each as a masterpiece, their love is so grand and forgiving.

Still, that clover. Now THAT is a masterpiece. I kept one for me and kept one to share with you. Because enough though I am not good with cyphering or statistics and such, I know each one of my precious ones here are one in a million.

Thinking of my sweet friends with much affection. When life slows down somewhat more or when I am able to steal another brief afternoon, I'll be back. All your emails touch my heart more than you can ever imagine. Friendship is the best gift you can give to someone and keep.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: A lovely Fall Afternoon hello

Love this. Miss you. Happy Afternoon. ***HUGS***
    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Libby, hoping you are settled in and comfy in your new digs
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

My goodness Blondie, it's good to hear from you. Happy Fall!
        Robin
        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Happy Fall Blondie! Miss you!
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I think of you often - and wave in your direction every time I'm on the road even though you are way off I-40. Good to hear that you can get out and enjoy the fall even if it just for a couple hours. Miss your eloquent writing but understand that sometimes real life must be attended to.

Hugs to you and yours! Do hope you can find a moment or two to keep us updated. I'll wave again in the Spring!

Comment

Loving our 4 leaf clover - it's sure to bring all of us Good Luck. In fact the first bit of Good Luck has already arrived, a lovely post by you.

Comment

Good to see a post from you, miss them. Hugs and prayers to you and yours. If you don't get back here before Thanksgiving, have a happy one. Kathy
                All quilts cat tested and approved.
                sigpic

Comment

Miss you so! Glad to hear from your part of the world!

Comment

Miss you so! Wishing you a wonderful fall an a very Happy Thanksgiving.
                    Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Awwwww Hugs to you dear friend I miss you
                      Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Hi Miss Blondie. You are loved and missed muchly!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So nice to hear from you, I truly miss your posts.

Comment

Although I do not have much time to be in the forum I love to know something from time to time and see that your joyful spirit is still here, I hope you and your family are well and can rejoice with your writing sometimes

Comment

Nice to see you back on the Forum, if only for a brief time....thanks for sharing the 4 leaf clover. May it's luck spread around the world.
                              Peggiep
                              "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Working...
                              X