Thursday good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday good morning

Good morning everyone. I have had such a busy week, that today I get to go to work and quilt. WOOHOO!! a relaxing day I hope.

After a terrible night of sleeplessness Tuesday, yesterday actually wasn't a bad day but man was I tired last night. I took Doug to his appointment and it seems that his problem might be arthritis. The doctor he saw was his heart doctor. So blood work is called for and then this doc will be in touch with his regular doc and we shall see. This could take a couple of months, geepers creepers. Meanwhile the man is suffering.

I finished straightening the spare room for my guests. My air mattress has a leak that I can't find. In the garbage it will go. I will be buying a new one. I have two queen sized ones, but I will purchase a twin size.

I need to make sandwiches for two services tomorrow. I will be making the filling tonight when I get home and it won't take long to make up in the morning. So that is what my day is going to entail.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Thursday good morning

Busy busy days ahead. I have a completely type different kind of day, but it'll be a busy one too. Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning. I was pretty tired yesterday too after not much sleep Tuesday night but got through the day at work pretty well. And then last night we went and picked up my new-to-me car. Working on getting the paperwork all set to transfer my older car over to my son. Hopefully that will happen this weekend. At least that's the plan. I also pick up my new sewing/embroidery machine and have my first lesson. Very exciting week for so many reasons.

Have a good day everyone.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning from a crisp but sunny day upstate. Will be heading up north about 1 hour north of Lake George for a girlfriends quilt retreat. There are 6 of us that get together twice a year. Always look forward to these since we don't live near each other it's always a treat to see them.
        Car had plenty of frost on it this morning had to scrape and defrost.
        Ginny so excited for you getting your embroidery machine, you will love it! Once you get started you'll be creating all sorts of fun things. I actually use my embroidery machine more than my sewing machine some weeks.
        Off to my sister's to pick her up, wishing everyone a good day!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Cathy, have a great retreat with your GFs. Times like this are so special.

We had a hard frost last night but our impatiens under the eave of the garage are still hanging in there. One of these next nights they will be gone.

Ginny, you are going to LOVE your emb machine. Mine has been running since 5 am this morning making a few little gifties for Christmas stockings.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning, everyone. Sounds like busy days for everyone. Ginny, have fun with your new car and new machine! What a great day you'll have. Monique, I hope you get some answers soon for Doug. Cathy, have a wonderful time on your retreat. It sounds terrific.

DS is down with a bad cold so we're limping through school these days. I'm heading to my DGS' school to have lunch with him today. I'm so happy that the schools allow grandparents to stop in and have lunch with their grands - it's always a lot of fun.

As team mom for basketball, I'll be working the concession stand for 2 games on Friday.

We're in a holding pattern for the floors - still waiting for them to be delivered. Good thing they're slow because I haven't finished cleaning out all the rooms yet.

I still have two quilts I'm working on. I almost have the binding on the Christmas quilt and believe it or not, I am working on the FMQing for Edith. We're going to spend Saturday at the apple orchards up in Blue Ridge, so no sewing until Sunday. Maybe I'll get one of them done this week.

Have a great day, everyone!
            Cindy

Comment

Lots of busy bees today with work, retreats and new machines, have fun gals. DH and I are slow getting going this morning as we both had a restless night, even the coffee machine is slow this morning. It better get done soon and perk both of us up quickly as we have lots to do today.

Yesterday I sorted my clothes and hopefully have lots of mid weight items to wear. Boy could I use a bigger closet as mine is jam packed, more 'at home' outfits than 'going to meeting clothes'. Kept the Winter and Christmas stuff handy for a change in weather and upcoming Holiday season. Each year I get a new Christmas sweatshirt so I have quite a few but think I need to get rid of the older ones as they have faded.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

No time this a.m. to chat here. I was making DH's chicken soup, which has to be made all from scratch with no seasonings (just salt) or additives. I had a 5.77 lb. whole chicken. With the carrots, celery, & rice, it made 8 qts. which now are in the freezer. It's a 4 hrs. job from start to finish.

This afternoon I'm dragging around the hoses & watering the yard. It is soooo dry this fall. It's sunny & 75 deg. A gorgeous day. At night it drops into the 30's with light frost in the a.m. The rabbit is sunning himself at the base of the crabapple tree. It seems to be his favorite spot these days. The past two springs, rabbits have nested under our storage shed & had 2-3 kits.

As time permits, I'm doing the FMQ on the Cutting Corners quilt. Probably won't have quilting time today. DH wants a hair cut this afternoon. It's time to go move the hose again.

Comment

Afternoon all. What a crazy day. An accident on the highway made me get of and go the backway to work. Customers were in top form today and I had a run in with one nasty one that sent me off the floor in tears. Just do not understand why some men think they can belittle the cashiers. I worked management for 20 years and took this cashier job because I was fed up with corporate shenanighans. This guy was over the top abusive. He wanted to use 7 0% of coupons (all his items) in on transaction and have each bagged individually . When I told him 1 coupon per transaction he got loud and aggressive. I told him I would do one for him and one for his wife then they would need to get back in line. Again loud nasty words about how dare I ask him to get back in line. he took a step back and said there I am back in line. I said and the 4 people waiting you cut off? At that point I was shaking with anger and called my manager and she told me to go tke my break while she dealt with Mr i am most important in the world.
                  Dinner in cooking now a new dish chicken and cornbread.
                  hugs all
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                  X