Tuesday hellos!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday hellos!!!

Good morning friends. Well this is it, the BIG day in the United States. The world will be watching, no doubt. It will be a very interesting day indeed.

My day in Pembroke was very productive yesterday. I pretty well got all I NEEDED and then got fabric I DID NOT NEED! But it was so pretty. I also picked up a new belt for my featherweight and some new bobbins as well. All in all it was good. And I slept like a log last night, I was exhausted. Not all from shopping, just little sleep from the night before.

Today I need to straighten out the spare room, as the gang is coming for the weekend. Some laundry also needs to get done. I might be able to hand those outside as it will be a beautiful day with sunshine and fairly warm.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Tuesday hellos!!!

Morning all. Its a chilly but sunny day here. Great for people heading to the polls. We were out and at the polls when they opened. Now we get to sit back and hope for the best results.

Monique you ALWAYS need fabric, never can have too much.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning Monique and those who follow

Ended up having a crazy day yesterday. Instead of having a two hour break between my two jobs, I had a text message from the second job that they needed me to come in as soon as I could so I went straight from one to the other yesterday and got home at 9:30 last night. Only working at one place today so hoping I can get a little sewing in today once I get home. I also need to get my things together to go to our Retreat on Friday. When we get to the Retreat location we are very close to the US border so may just have to pop over to Joann and the quilt store and a run through Kohls before we settle in to the sewing. Like Monique, I don't need any more fabric but I really do love pretty colours.

Of course, tonight we will be watching with great interest the US election proceedings. Glad I have a TV in my sewing room so I can keep an eye on what all is happening while I try to do some sewing this evening. Not sure what time the polls close but I slept terrible last night so I may not hear the results til tomorrow morning.

Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Today is our Election Day and either way I won't be thrilled. We will vote after Jeff gets home this afternoon.

I spent an hour tearing through the sewing room closet looking for the hot-fix guns. I guess I will tackle the closet today and see if it can be organized. I also want to change our bed out for Fall and put on a heavier quilt.

Yesterday I delivered a few Meals On Wheels and took commodity food to a few families. I'm going to volunteer to work at our community center on a regular basis rather just when there is a shortage of hands.

It's rainy and cold this morning so I'm off to make a cup of tea and eat breakfast.

sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone. I am home today waiting for a delivery from Sleepy's. Going to get the guest bedroom set up. It has been a busy time for me last week and the weekend and continuing into today. We had the craft fair on Friday and did well. We headed up to CT for a few days of R & R. Had a wonderful couple of days -- it was too short of course. While I was away, I received an e-mail from someone who had seen a table runner that a lady had bought from me at the craft fair. She is having and Artisan show at her house the first weekend of December and would like me to be a part of it. I was very surprised to get that e-mail. She is coming over this afternoon and we will talk about the show. Wish me luck.

I also did something yesterday that I have been thinking about for a bit of time. As most of you know, we recently sold our family home in Brooklyn and I have been deciding what would be the best use of some of the funds from that. Well, I did get a few things for around the house that we needed -- like the new mattress for the guest bedroom. And, of course, I did buy that sewing/embroidery machine that I will get to take home this Saturday. Now, I didn't really "need" that but I want to get myself set up for retirement so that when I do stop working, I will be able to expand my small crafting business and I felt that would be a positive move. I wouldn't be able to afford to do it once I retired. So the other thing we have all been trying to figure out was how my eldest son could get a car now that they have moved upstate and he doesn't have mass transit to use to get to jobs. He will definitely need a car up there. Well, we looked and looked and researched and came to the conclusion that to spend the amount of $$ that we wanted to for a used car for him, we wouldn't be getting something that I felt was reliable enough. So, I came to the conclusion that if I was going to invest in a vehicle, I should look at getting a "new to me car" that is newer than the one I currently have -- which is in great shape and I do love it. DH and I went out to check things out after we got back from CT yesterday. I found one that I really liked so after some deliberation, we went back and I purchased it. It's not a new car but it is in great shape, has low mileage on it (22,000) and has some options that I don't have now (like a back up camera). It's a 2014 Ford Escape. And it's red - my favorite color. I currently have a 2008 Ford Escape and my son will get that car. He is thrilled. He loves driving it and said that he always secretly hoped that if I decided to get a new car, that he would be able to buy it from me. We are all very happy with the way we worked things out. I am hyperventilating a bit about spending the money but, again, I feel it is a good investment for going forward.

Since I have the day off today, after the mattress is delivered, I plan on spending time up in my sewing room today getting it back in shape from the hecticness of getting ready for the craft fair. I have another craft fair I am scheduled to do on Dec. 17, and also have some orders from Friday's fair. If I decide to do the Artisan show at this woman's house, I'll have more sewing to do too so I'd better get things in order.

Have a great day everyone. Don't forget to vote.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I voted early, so don't have to face the lines today. We have an air quality alert for smoke today. There are lots of brush fires around because of the drought and the idiots who insist on burning trash. I felt sorry (not) for one. He decided to burn trash, on a windy day, and lost his house, his RV and barn. No one was hurt. We have had about 1/4 inch of rain since July.

Started to quilt a wall hanging yesterday, and stuck a pin in the edge of my fingernail. It is really sore, so I may not quilt today. My Pfaff is having tension troubles, and DIL has my Janome. She said she would bring it back tomorrow, so I'll quilt then if I can't get Big Momma to stitch right.

Have a great day, and prayers for those who need them.

Comment

Election Day Greetings ~ We voted by mail the day after our ballots came. I heard some people are not voting for the president because they don't like either candidate. IMO, that's just another vote for Hillary. Either way the election turns out, I think there will be some major changes. I think we need to pray for the future of America.

Another sunny day. Heavy frost & only 32 deg. this a.m. Yest. I started the FMQ on my Cutting Corners quilt. It took awhile to get started. I put together a practice sandwich & worked on a new quilting pattern--similar to one of Angela Walters' patterns. I really like her book about shapes. She gives many quilting ideas for the various shapes. I've had some problems with the thread slipping out of the bobbin, so that was frustrating. I hope to do more FMQ today.

Comment

JCY, I'm with you about praying for the future of our country.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's 11:42 so it's still Good Morning to all of you! DH and I voted already, as did our daughter. So many important issues to be decided! I think I'll spend the rest of the day sewing. Or sleeping - I am super tired from a medication change and feel like I need a nap every hour or two. Have a marvelous day!

Jeannette

Comment

Prayers for our country are definitely needed today.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Jeannette, sorry to hear you are under the weather but glad to hear someone else has fatigue related to a Med change. You made my day!
                      Bev

Comment

Working...
                      X