Who's watching Longmire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's watching Longmire?

I feel like I have been away for years, but it really only has been a couple of months. I have been spending a lot of time at my son's home, his wife's melanoma is back and she has had surgery and we are waiting to hear about her treatment plan. Anyways, they don't have TV just Netflix, and I started to watch Longmire there. Well let me tell you when the baby is in bed there is NOTHING to do but watch TV. It's really sad when a Gramma can't find dishes to do , laundry to fold etc. So I went through all the seasons real fast and I thought waiting from June when I finished season 4 till Sept was long, but now I have finished season 5 (10 episodes right) all ready and don't know how I will wait until next Sept. Unless they new season will start sooner. Anyone watching it have any idea if it is next Sept or sooner

Kathy

Re: Who's watching Longmire?

All I know is that there will be one more season in 2017 with closure, not a cliffhanger. I am addicted.

Comment

I watched all the episodes on Netflix already and then started withdrawal :-)

Shortly after Longmire was completed I started watching Heartland. Very family oriented type of program and I love it. There are 7 seasons on Netflix but apparently there are a total of 10 seasons of the show. So I finished the 7 seasons two days ago. Now more withdrawal.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I believe people in Canada can get the last three episodes free elsewhere or you may be able to purchase them from Amazon Prime. I think Netflix will be listing Season 8 during the first part of 2017

Toward the end of last year I had started watching The Fall which was 2 seasons on Netflix. It's a suspense about a seriel killer. I noticed they just added another season on Netflix this month. So I'll go through that now.

For those who loved Downton Abbey, you may enjoy The Paradise. Not quite as good but I did enjoy it.
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

DH and I love Longmire and are going to hate to see it end next season. We got hooked on White Collar which was excellent. I liked Bloodline but read that they cancelled there production so there is only two seasons and it left things hanging. I'm giving Hawaii 50 a try now.
        :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Love Longmire and found Craig Johnson's books before the tv show started. I love how true to the books the tv characters are, and I really enjoyed the darker tone that Netflix added with the most recent season. Haven't heard anything though about when it will return. Agree with the shows others mentioned, and I also watched Happy Valley, a British show on Netflix which was very good. If you like mysteries, have you watched Luther? Mesmerizing. Like The Fall, too. Did you watch Person of Interest on network tv? If not, it is well worth the time. One of the best, smartest and most chilling shows I've ever seen. Also I am just starting the new Netflix show The Crown, which is about the life of Queen Elizabeth. Just one episode into it, but it is excellent.

Sorry to hear of your dil's trouble, and hope there will be a definitive treatment plan very soon. In the meantime I hope some great tv will help to distract you.

Comment

I loved Longmire and wish it was still on TV. I don't do netflix.
            Patrice S

Comment

Oh yes, I could hardly stand the wait for #5, and binge watched the whole thing in one deliriously long weekend - can't wait for 6. If you want another good one, watch Bloodline on netflix. Only 2 seasons so far, but really good. Main character is Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights, great actor and easy on the eyes too! Sam Shepard and Sissy Spaceck are also in it.

Comment

Oh yes, Person of Interest was one of my all time favorites!
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Love..Love..Love Longmire!!!! Really upset it too is ending. Loved Person of Interest but hated the way they ended it. Loved Hell on Wheels but guess what...it ended too. as well as Justified..yep ended also. Oh well, I still have my Blacklist, Blue Bloods & Alex McLoughlin in Hawaii 5 O.

Been watching MASH..one of the best on TV.

Gina

Comment

Yes, I found Longmire very addiction as well, sorry I went through this season so fast, didn't realize it was only 10 episodes. Very disappointed to hear there would only be 1 more season. Thanks all for the suggestions, I will be checking them out this weekend, while I babysit Thurs to Sun. Son and Daughter in law heading away for the weekend.

Midge, thank you for well wishes, it looks like we are heading into a month of chemo six days a week then self injection 3 times a week for a year. Could not love this sweet girl any more if she were my own.

Kathy

Comment

I too love Longmire and look forward to next season although it's a long time to wait. For those in the US that like Heartland I have been able to watch through season 9 and all the new season 10 shows on www.dailymotion.com on the computer. You might give that site a try. At this point I rarely watch regular TV but use the On Demand feature to catch up on Blue Bloods, etc. and depend on Netflix and Acorn. I love Midsomer Murders (available on both Netflix and Acorn) and found Death In Paradise, a light hearted murder series. Really fun.
                      Ann

Comment

Working...
                      X