• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimsophia
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2014

Daylight Savings Owl @,@

Hey, now with the clocks turned back I am awake at more normal hours! Wooo!

On Friday I got a wrist brace at the doctor's office for carpal tunnel syndrome. I am able to sleep now without waking up in pain! So I'm very happy about getting my rest and in fact seem to be catching up on sleep the past two days.

I still can sew with it on and have been dinking around with some big stitch quilting and ribbon embroidery practice. I got the linen in the mail for a cross stitch and ribbon embroidered Christmas sampler. Boy have I learned a lot about linen in the email group I am in. It is a difficult fiber to make into cloth and has to be kept wet during the processing if I am understanding what I am reading correctly. The color of the fiber varies due to rainfall each year. One of the members sent me this link, if you are interested in cross stitch fabrics: http://www.needlestack.com/documents...ricPrimer.html

How's everyone doing tonight?
  • CraftyJnet
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2015

Re: Daylight Savings Owl @,@

I'm glad the pain is gone. Good sleep is so important.

Everything is quiet here. I'm just checking email and then I'm off to bed. Good night!

Jeannette

Comment

• toggpine
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2009

I updated my inspiration notebook. I have been shoving photos from quilting magazines and catalogs in there for about a year. I picked it up to find the photo of the layer cake & jelly roll quilt I wanted to make, and a bunch of stuff fell out. I glued down the pictures and sketched out the blocks on the graph paper. Figured out measurements and, in some cases, construction of the blocks. It looks all nice and tidy ... at least until the next catalog comes!
      Thanks for the layer cake sizing help the other night, by the way! I knew I was totally over thinking it, but it was like looking at that word that is spelled funny. You look at it too long and even if it is right, it looks wrong!

Oh, just for Bubba and Sandy, we dusted the turkeys today!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• bubba
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
        Oh, just for Bubba and Sandy, we dusted the turkeys today!
        Does that mean they've been seasoned???
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• bakermom
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kimsophia View Post
          Hey, now with the clocks turned back I am awake at more normal hours! Wooo!

On Friday I got a wrist brace at the doctor's office for carpal tunnel syndrome. I am able to sleep now without waking up in pain! So I'm very happy about getting my rest and in fact seem to be catching up on sleep the past two days.

I still can sew with it on and have been dinking around with some big stitch quilting and ribbon embroidery practice. I got the linen in the mail for a cross stitch and ribbon embroidered Christmas sampler. Boy have I learned a lot about linen in the email group I am in. It is a difficult fiber to make into cloth and has to be kept wet during the processing if I am understanding what I am reading correctly. The color of the fiber varies due to rainfall each year. One of the members sent me this link, if you are interested in cross stitch fabrics: http://www.needlestack.com/documents...ricPrimer.html
          How's everyone doing tonight?
          Glad the brace is working for you. I wear 2(CTS in both wrists) and it made a world of difference
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            Does that mean they've been seasoned???
            No. They had lice. We use poultry dust to choke the little crawlies out. We want them off the birds before winter.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
            X