Important Reminder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Reminder!

Remember to set your scale back ten pounds this weekend!

You're welcome.

Re: Important Reminder!

Can I set my calendar back 1 decade instead?

That would take care of the 10 lbs as well as a some wrinkles, grey hair and a several new aches and pains .

Comment

Great Plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
        Can I set my calendar back 1 decade instead?

That would take care of the 10 lbs as well as a some wrinkles, grey hair and a several new aches and pains .
        I wish we could do this!!

Comment

If ONLY!! Although I'd need to scale mine back about 95lbs!

Comment

Hey, don't forget to add the highest lottery amount to your checking account!

Comment

What's special about this weekend, can I join in, pretty please? We have Bonfire Night on 5th November but I didn't think you would celebrate it too?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
                What's special about this weekend, can I join in, pretty please? We have Bonfire Night on 5th November but I didn't think you would celebrate it too?
                Hi, Mary! This weekend on this side of the Pond, we turn our clocks back one hour at 2 a.m., so we will no longer be on Daylight Savings Time. So counting the minutes, it goes 1:58, 1:59, 1:OO, 1:O1, etc. It's lovely for most of us to get an "extra" hour of sleep, unless you work overnight, like my friend who is an ICU nurse on the night shift. She has to work an extra hour, potentially admitting a patient at 1:45 a.m., only to have them go into cardiac arrest 30 minutes later, at 1:15!

Of course, in March, we must set our clocks ahead one hour, so if we go to sleep at midnight and get up at 8 a.m., we will only have been asleep for seven hours instead of eight (and my nurse friend gets a shorter shift!).

Have a nice Bonfire - is that connected with Guy Fawkes Day?

Comment

WooHoo.......sounds good to me!
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

We put our clocks back the last Sunday in October so we got an extra hour in bed last week and in March we go forward an hour. We don't have Guy Fawkes day per se but bonfire night. We build bonfires and make a 'guy' out of old clothes stuffed with newspapers which we then throw on the bonfire - this signifies the burning of Guy Fawkes following the gunpowder plot. We also have fireworks and pies and baked potatoes and parkin (rather like Ginger cake made with oats rather than flour).

Comment

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
                      We put our clocks back the last Sunday in October so we got an extra hour in bed last week and in March we go forward an hour. We don't have Guy Fawkes day per se but bonfire night. We build bonfires and make a 'guy' out of old clothes stuffed with newspapers which we then throw on the bonfire - this signifies the burning of Guy Fawkes following the gunpowder plot. We also have fireworks and pies and baked potatoes and parkin (rather like Ginger cake made with oats rather than flour).
                      That sounds like fun!! Can I come?!

Comment

No time change here. but the 10 yrs sounds goods. Maybe I would of been smarter to get a divorce back then.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                          Remember to set your scale back ten pounds this weekend!

You're welcome.
                          WHAT???? is there magic in this thead???????
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

By the way.........AZ (most of it, my are included) never changes times. BUT...I still want to know about setting my scale back.. Who knew???
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I'm not looking forward to having it get dark at 5 p.m. instead of 60. But I suppose it will be nice to have the daylight sooner in the a.m. I just wish they'd quit this foolishness & have the whole country on one set time & leave it there!

Comment

Working...
                              X