Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday hellos!!

beautiful-friday.jpg

Yes it's Friday. Yesterday I started on the quilt for my MIL. It comes together quite easily. I should have the top done today or tomorrow if nothing else I do but quilt. Today we have a wake to go to. My friend's father passed away. He was 96.

I was asked yesterday what I wanted for Christmas. A gift certificate to a quilt store. Well the reaction I got was priceless.

"You don't need anymore fabric. You need to use up what you have upstairs. I am going to start taking fabric away (we were watching Big Bang). Ah that won't work, you'll just go buy more." And so the saga continues. He just doesn't GET it.

I received my blocks yesterday from the Christmas block swap. They are just beautiful and amazingly, no two people used the same fabrics. I don't think I can get this quilt done in time for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I organize a swap group within the family. One person, $50 max. I now have had my two nephews and their family drop out and my sister-in-law (mother of these two and getting hateful by the minute) will probably drop out too. That will leave 8 of us. NOW what to do. I think we just may drop it and they can buy for whomever they want to. It just peeves me off, sorry.

On a brighter note I commissioned a local girl here to make these for me:

quilt mugs.jpg They are Christmas gifts. Aren't they beautiful?

Well on that note, have a wonderful and safe weekend friends. Note sure what is happening here this weekend but whatever it is, I will be busy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Friday hellos!!

Good morning everyone. Another busy day today at Houston quilt show. I get 2 hours to look, before working, so that should be fun.

Comment

Good morning everyone! Today I will start a t shirt quilt for my friend! She gave me her t shirts months ago. Her birthday is this week. Maybe I can get it done in time for the birthday!

Have a great day!q

Comment

A cheery Good Morning to everyone! Nothing exciting going on here. DH has Monday and Tuesday off, so that's nice. Hope all of you have a great day!

Jeannette

Comment

Morning Everyone,

I've been sewing together strips for a Checkered Dresden quilt. If assembly line sewing is your thing, you would love making this quilt.

It's supposed to be rainy again today and I love that idea. Great for napping and sewing.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all
            Monique, I'm sorry that the swap is not turning out as you had hoped - it can be tricky sometimes - family dynamics and all. Who knows, maybe financial? Maybe they just don't want to participate... at least they told you early
            I still have a baby quilt on my table waiting for borders before I sandwich it. I had to put sewing on the back burner for the past few weeks for music stuff. This weekend will be a busy one (in a good way), with a concert coming up.
            Hope everyone has a great weekend!
            CIAO

Comment

Good sunny morning everyone.

I'm back volunteering at the race I can't run this weekend. Had a blast yesterday and they even gave me an expensive running jacket for free. Awesome!

Think I will start the tardis quilts this weekend. Thing is, DH doesn't know that there is a second one that will be for him. Gonna have to be on my toes about his location in the house so he doesn't see 2 quilts.

Have a good one.

Comment

Morning everyone!! Happy Friday!! Busy weekend for me. Going to a play with friends on Saturday so that will be fun. Rest will be doing major Spring cleaning (yeah yeah I know it's fall...I'm a procrastinator okay!?!). Will post why in a separate thread.

sending love and hugs to those who need them! xoxox

Comment

Wendy--just call it Fall cleaning and you are right on time.
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Good afternoon, have had a pain in my hip so I've been resting most of the morning and now it's time to get a few things done. Lovely Fall day, hope it's this nice tomorrow so we can take a drive to see the trees that have been turning. Subday DGD Catherine will be over for lunch so it appears we'll be having a good weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X