• Show
Clear All

Don't live in Chicago but......

WAY TO GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's coming from a Braves fan.

Gina

Maybe next year for us?

Re: Don't live in Chicago but......

We're Cardinals fans, but congrats to the Cubbies!!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It was hard to decide who to root for...Cubbies & their 108 yr drought or the Indians with their 48! And I heard that the Cubs win may bring on THE apocalypse? Good grief !!

Gina

Comment

I grew up with the Dodgers, my mom had company seats at the stadium. But I always heard the story of the curse. I'm so happy it ended!! I'm so happy for all the fans.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

No! the Indians should have won! But really, if they had to lose ......... The Cubs deserved a win. Both teams were amazing. Next year will be our turn
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Congrats to the Cubs!! We're Red Sox fans here and understand a curse.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I got to go to see Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra play in Kansas City when KC was The Blues! I was 6-8. My uncle treated my dad and I every year for several years running. My grandfather was a st Louise cardinals fan and I remember him sitting and listening every Saturday that they played. I enjoyed baseball up until they went on strike. Not so much since then. But I am glad the Cubs won and I watched every game. Both teams deserved a win and my hat's off to the Indians team as well. Great, heart stopping series!
              Bev

Comment

So happy for all the Cubs fans! Must have been a great day!!

Comment

Been a Cub fan for many years. It was a good night. Indians have a really good team.

Comment

I've loved baseball all my life Game 7 was one of the best games I ever watched - I'm still thrilled that I got to watch the Cubbies win a World Series!!!

Comment

My kids are 3rd-generation Boston Red Sox fans, so of course we rooted for the Cubs (we know a thing or two about really long droughts). What an amazing 7th game (yes, stupid me, I stayed up for the whole thing)! Had a great time watching and being on Facebook at the same time so I could share posts with friends and family all over the country. I almost went to bed once the Cubs went back up by 2 runs in the top of the tenth inning, but DS#9 said, "Mom, NO! You can't! You're a Red Sox fan!" I realized he was right; we Sox fans have gone to bed while our team had a "safe" lead and wakened to find disastrous results way too many times!

Comment

3rd generation Cub fan. It has been the best of fun, just wish my dad were here

Comment

Working...
                        X