Tuesday, NOVEMBER 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, NOVEMBER 1st

Welcome November. We had a total of 22 trick or treaters last night. We have a lot of candy left over this morning. Oh dear, what will become of those? Three guesses and the first 2 don't count, LOL!!

Yesterday was pretty much a wasted day. I did put away some things that were outside and of course got ready for Halloween but that was pretty much it.

I belong to a Featherweight group on Facebook, so yesterday I looked up the serial numbers for the two I have. To my SURPRISE I own a 222k (which we bought for $40 on an online auction). The carrying case left something to be desired, the cord was frayed, and the machine barely worked. Oiled her up, my brother took care of the cord and now she purrs like a kitten. I was also able to download a manual for it. I did not know how to take off the bed. And now I own a very highly sought after machine. No wonder the guy at the antique show wanted $1500 for his. This sure made my day. The other is a 221k made in 1948 but with a centennial stamp on it. I believe they ran out of the 1951 machines and attached the tag to the older ones. In any case, they both run well. Then I was on the hunt for a pattern for a sewing machine case. I didn't really find what I was looking for. I will keep searching.

Today I have to take Dougie into the city. He wants a mani-pedi, we need to pick up his mail, and he also needs to get his medication. Understand that Doug is 76 and of late in terrible health. Next week we see his heart doctor. His right arm is terribly sore and just about useless. Not much better with the left. We had me open his can of salmon yesterday because he just doesn't have the strength. I do what I can for him when he lets me. He is a very stubborn man. The winter tires are being installed on the van today and I have a supper meeting tonight. So a busy day ahead.

I also have a funeral to attend on Friday. A good friend's father passed away this past weekend.

Yesterday I happened to see at least nine grosbeaks at the feeder. I didn't have that many last year. They are so beautiful.

So that's it for me today. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Tuesday, NOVEMBER 1st

Morning Everyone,

It's going to be a pretty day with temps in the mid 70's. Halloween has come and gone without a single ring of the doorbell (if we had one). No one around here would even push a doorbell.

Yay about your Featherweights, Monique!!

Snippet, I made your Taco Soup last night and we love it. I made the taco seasoning from Sheep Farmer's recipe and love it. I will make a larger amount of it sometime soon and keep it in the freezer. Thanks for the recipes, ladies. Next I want to try Tricia's tomato soup.

I'm trying to have an easy week. Just doing a little sewing and a little planning.

Next week is my Moh's surgery. My dermatologist does it in his office. I had this procedure done in the 70's when it was new technology. Most of the time involved is lab time for each layer they remove. It's an important procedure but quite simple and little to no pain involved.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.
    Last edited by Bubby; November 1, 2016, 06:43 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning Monique and all to follow. We didn't have a lot of trick or treaters here last night either and have a bunch of candy leftover. I think I'll bring some into work to share. But not today. I'm not feeling so great so I'm staying home today. I think I'll spend the day in comfy sweats, watching the Hallmark channel and maybe do some sewing. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you Monique.

Time for a cup of tea. Have a good day all.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning.

We had a very slow Halloween (maybe 20 kids). We had at least double that last year in the pouring rain. No idea what happened last night. DH was his usual pumpkin master (see pictures below). BB-8 proved to be popular like I expected.

Can't believe it's November. DH's bday is on the 19th which is gonna be tough for him because we had to put his dog, Bo, down on his bday last year.

Need to get started on Christmas quilts.

Have a good one everyone.

PS: Sorry about the sideways pics.

IMG_4343.JPGIMG_4346.JPG

Comment

Morning all. No trick or treaters here either. We live a bit off the beaten path so unless you have kids here you would not no we exist. I wore my witch's hat and ghostie earrings to work. I was the only one dressed for halloween until my replacement came in. A woman around same age as I (mid 50s ) she was fully dressed but not really appropriate for a woman our age I didn't think. Wonder woman in body suit and leotard, no cape. At least the cape would have covered her backside...
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Like most of those before me this morning, we had no trick or treaters either! Living in the boonies, most of the children head into one of the towns for a small party...but this year, there wasn't even one of those close by.
            Yesterday I managed to get my Secret Santa box packed up and ready to mail tomorrow. I am very excited about this particular swap. It was a lot of fun trying to make things based on the monthly theme.
            Today, I am having lunch with my bowling team from last year. We try to get together once a month since we are all on different teams this year and don't really have much opportunity to chat during bowling.
            DH is helping SIL on the farm today. I hope he doesn't freeze to death on the tractor...it is really frosty this morning.

Ginny - hope you feel well soon....Monique - your Featherweight was a real find, enjoy!...Lyndaj - your pumpkins are beautiful!...Irisgirl - I'm going to have to wash my eyeballs, I have such a picture in my brain of WonderWoman, it may take awhile to get that one out of mind, LOL...Bubby - enjoy your quiet week, and prayers for your surgery, regardless of how painless, it is still surgery!
            Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
            Peggiep
            "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Morning all. Didn't do Halloween last night. Liam was with his dad so I just hung out in my room, but everyone is saying hardly any kids were out and about.

I'm frustrated today. I have a very close friend who is mediation with her soon-to-be ex husband who is a doctor and one of the worst narcissists I have ever met in my life and she lets him, her lawyer AND the mediator walk all over her. Drives me friggin INSANE!! I have to be in court with another friend who's ex almost killed her and he will likely be going to jail (2 years less a day - which is disgusting when you see the images of what he did to her She is TERRIFIED to be in court. She didn't press the charges, the police did. So now my first friend wants me to bail on going to court with my second friend and I am very frustrated by this. It's a very long story but if someone asks you constantly for advice and then NEVER follows that advice, it's maddening. If you're not going to do what I say THEN STOP ASKING ME WHAT TO DO! I mean I get that she's not going to follow what I say ALL the time...but to keep asking what to do in the SAME scenario and then NEVER doing what I say??! it's incredibly frustrating.

So that's how I started my morning. I want to be there for both of them but I'm only one person. I can't be in two places at the same time. sigh. And somehow I END UP feeling like an a$$hole.

Thinking of you all today...Bubby hope you feel better. Sending Sandy extra love and ((((HUGS)))) today. Wish I could be there in person to give them. xox

Comment

Cloudy here & 50 deg. Much cooler temps expected today--maybe 65-70. Yesterday we broke a record at 85 deg. I got outside in the a.m. & raked enough leaves to bank them around the base of my clematis. I have a mini rose bush, which I forgot, but I'll get to it before the real cold weather hits.

I think I'm feeling a better today, now that the antibiotic is done. I hope to get some sewing done today. Yest. I took advantage of the good weather to fill up DH's car with gas. It was only the 2nd time I'd filled it this year! It's a '95 Ford Crown Victoria with <66,000 original miles on it. I drive his car at least once a week to give it some exercise. He hasn't driven in 8 yrs. I have a '96 Mercury Grand Marquise with ~105,000 mi. on it. They've quit making both of these models, so I hope they last us the rest of our lifetimes.

Time to get some breakfast.

Comment

We didn't go out yesterday afternoon as planned so DH went out to buy some candy. Really think he just wanted an excuse to buy some KitKats. Have some left for us to enjoy as there weren't to many kids ringing our doorbell.

What's up for today? I have PT around noon but first must make a few phone calls I put off all of last week, I just hate talking to a computer.

Comment

It's afternoon now, but just wanted to stop to say hello! Monique, you must have quite a collection of vintage sewing machines! I would love to see them!

Bubby, good luck with the Mohs surgery. My daughter had it in 2013 and my friend had it last spring, both on the face. It is great for not leaving big scars.

Had a few costume tweaks to work on today for my 2 shows that open Friday. Almost finished with costumes, then I'll break out the quilting fabrics!

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                    X