Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL, it's MONDAY, last day of OCTOBER, and HALLOWEEN

halloween.jpg

It's a trifecta day. Good morning friends. WOW all three, can't believe it is the end of the month. Can someone tell me where it went please.

I had visitors on the weekend. Ashley and her Mom arrived late Saturday and stayed until yesterday. We had a lovely visit. I showed Jocelyn the quilt frame I had in the closet and I might have it sold.

I also got the two daycare blankets quilted, just have to finish sewing the binding onto the back.

Today I need to prepare for Halloween. I also need to take the winter tires out of storage as they are being put on tomorrow.

Have a safe and happy HALLOWEEN friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuVifA7DSU
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: WELL, it's MONDAY, last day of OCTOBER, and HALLOWEEN

Morning Everyone....

I have errands to run today but nothing that will take much time. Then I may decide on what to make next.

This will be the first Halloween in decades we have warm weather....good for the little kids not having to cover up their cute costumes with jackets. We live in the woods and never get trick-or-treaters anymore. A few years ago a handful of kids knew where we live and they would come, but they are all grown up now. Jeff is my year round trick-or-treater so he goes wild this time of year with all the mini candy bars. The day after Halloween is the best time to buy candy.

Wishing everyone a Spooktacular evening!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Happy Halloween everyone.

It's gonna be fairly cold here for the little ones today, but at least there won't be the driving rain that we had last year. I live across the street from a cemetary, so the kids we do get tend to be older. I love Halloween.

So the belated Halloween table runner is going to be put away. I realized that I made a cutting error as I started to put it together. Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be this year. Not gonna stress over it.

Since tomorrow is November 1 I guess it's time to piece the two quilts that have to be ready for Christmas. They're very simple strip piecing quilts. Gonna take them to the shop and rent long arm time again. Should be fun.

Have a happy Halloween everyone.

Comment

Is there such as word as quadfecta? As I am playing hookie today as well
        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Happy Halloween! It will be a warm one for our trick or treaters!

I delivered my costumes yesterday for NunCrackers, attended a rehearsal of Driving Miss Daisy, and met many of the characters I built costumes for at the Street Festival called Legends and Lanterns. Had to skip the last performance of Night Must Fall, because all four shows/events I've been working on since August all came together with beginnings and ends YESTERDAY! But what it means is that I am finished with costume building until spring, and now I can get back to quilting AND cleaning my sewing room, which is a total disaster!

Have a happy Halloween!

Comment

Happy Halloween!!

Today I must run to Target and pick up two gifts for two little munchkins I expect tonight. Already bought the candy so once I have the gifts we will be set for this evening. It's supposed to rain all day and this evening so I don't know how many trick-or-treaters will actually come by. Hope all of you have a wonderful evening without "tricks"!

Jeannette

Comment

We live next to a busy highway, so no trick or treaters here for the last 25 years. I don't even buy candy anymore. (sob!)
              It is so warm here, that's what is scary! Forecast for November 1st is 82 degrees.

Comment

We hide during Trick or Treat! We have so many kids wandering around that the police have to direct traffic. The last time I gave out treats I had more than 400 pieces of candy, and gave out after an hour. We will have record breaking heat today, in the high 80's. No rain in sight.

Comment

HALLOWEEN.jpg
                  We'll be out this afternoon and will miss most of the Trick or Treaters, that is if them come. Last year we had only a few knock on our door and had lots of candy leftover. Not a good idea for people who have to watch their sweets. Many parents take their children to our towns park for Trunk or Treating as it is set up with a maze and Fall decorations. Think it's called Uncle Earnie's Farm. Lots of parking at the park as it abuts our pool club's large parking lot.

Comment

We haven't participated in the trick or treat for quite a few years. We leave our porch light off. There aren't as many little kiddos in the neighborhood as there used to be. We've lived in our home 38 yrs. We have one neighbor, who in previous years, has been very gun-ho about decorating for Halloween, but they haven't put up their decorations this year. Usually they have flashing lights, a cemetery, a big spider & webs draped over the front of the house, etc. I understand Halloween is the 2nd most decorated holiday, after Christmas.

The sun is shining. It's supposed to be 75 deg. today. Cooler weather is coming later this week. I need to get outside & rake up enough leaves to bank around the clematis & my one lone mini rose bush. I did no sewing yesterday, but took it easy & read. The timer is about to ring to remove clothes from the dryer. Have a good Monday.

Comment

Late start to the forum today. We got home from our weekend upstate last night.what a ride home, stop and go traffic most of the way due to heavy downpours most of the trip. Windshield wipers going on high speed and could just about see the lines on the road.
                      Unpacked and laundry done, and candy ready for the trick or treaters. Hard to say how many we'll get this year it seems to get less and less. We usually give out some candy and coupons we buy from Wendy's for a free milk shake. If we have coupons left over we give them to the grandkids who all have cars and are driving. They like the free snacks while they're out and about.
                      This Sat. Is the craft fair. I'm just about set. Hooray! Brought home my friend Liz's things from upstate for it. She put 's me to shame with her sewing. I brought home about 50 purses, cosmetic bags, I-pad/tablet holders, each one beautifully done. She's like the "energizer bunny" at the sewing machine.
                      Well, off to do a few more chores, wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                      X