Day of Happy Surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day of Happy Surprises

Just want to share my day with you'll.....

This morning my mom & I went to a garage sale and then to McDonald's. We went through the drive through and ordered something for me, my mom & my dad. We were just sitting and talking while waiting in line. When we got to the window to pay the lady said....."Ma'am your order has been paid for." I looked at her a little surprised and confused. Then she smiled and said the customer in front of us had paid for our order! I was so surprised. We didn't know who the lady was that paid for our order. She was still waiting for her order when we got ours so I pulled up beside her and told her thank you. She just smiled and said "You're welcome. Have a blessed day." My mom & I rode home with big smiles on our faces. I hope she had a blessed day too......I know I did.

Then I went to meet a few of the ladies from the quilt guild to sew. One of the ladies told us we were all invited to her house for lunch.....her husband was home cooking for us. We had corn & crab soup & salad with all the trimmings......yummy! We had a nice relaxing visit together.

And I going to the Houston quilt show..........so Yay me!

Know I'll wait and see if DH wants to go out for pizza this evening!

I have to say the Pay It Forward at McDonald's this morning really made my day! Hope to pay forward the kindness soon!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Day of Happy Surprises

At out local Chik-Fil-a this happens often and it has become the practice that those who can, pay for the car behind them when they have been blessed. Sometimes it goes on for quit a while. My DD was there on her lunch break one day and had her lunch paid for. She quickly glanced in her rearview and saw a huge van full of people behind her. She had to break that chain!
    Donna

Comment

If you ever need a day to feel good, this is truly the thing to do. I have been blessed in life. I surely do not have it all, but cannot complain either. So I am happy to pay it forward sometimes. I have also been the receiver of the pay it forward exspecially in the Starbucks driveup. It really makes you feel good to help others.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Great thing to do, great thing to receive. Great to be able to give back!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I've done that for people before. It's always nice to see the look of surprise on their faces! Quite often when we are out eating, if there is someone there in uniform, MM will anonymously pay for their meal.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

What a great feel good story. Love to do that.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              I've done that for people before. It's always nice to see the look of surprise on their faces! Quite often when we are out eating, if there is someone there in uniform, MM will anonymously pay for their meal.
              Reminds me of when Steve & I were blessed with a meal. Steve had his VFW ballcap on and I had just had foot surgery and was in a wheelchair. Stopped at a local restaurant and I got out of the chair and hopped up four or five stairs. There was one man sitting alone at a table ... we smiled but never actually conversed. We were surprised when we found out he bought our meal.

We've paid it forward several times. Most memorable was at an IHOP. Young man in Dress Blues and a gal in a lovely summer dress accompanied by an older couple. After we paid the waitress for their bill she told us they were on their way to the church to get married and the older man was father of the groom and the lady was mother of the bride. Their reaction was priceless!

Comment

It's the little things that matter so much.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Ah, that's so nice! I love how that little act of kindness carries throughout the entire day for you!

My favorite thing to do is buy a gift card and pass it on to someone I feel called to support. Most restaurants have them and they are easy to buy with your meal. Plus I can buy in most any amount so I'm not restricted to what they purchased. I usually write a little thanks to them and wish them well in the card and drop if off at their table. 

Comment

What a nice thing to do. I don't have many chances to pif because I don't eat out or eat fast food. I do help people in line and give them money, especially kids.

My favorite episode was when I was coming home alone from the mainland after my aunt had passed. My luggage was five lbs over and I was going to be charged $50. I was so distraught. The guy handed me the ticket and said Merry Christmas. I will never forget how that made me feel.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                    X