Well Thursday is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Thursday is here

Good morning. I hate that it is still dark at this hour. The time doesn't change until Nov 6th. I had a busy day yesterday as I drove Miss Dougie around. He has been feeling very poorly for the last month or so. Pain in his right shoulder (it's not a stroke, he has gone to see about it). He has no strength in his right hand at all, fingers numb. So I took him shopping. We were able to find everything he was looking for. Poor Doug, even opening his car door was a chore. Anyhow, got him back home safe and sound.

This morning I need to make a run to the drug store and also drop off a bag of stuff I no longer need to the church. THEN I can start quilting the other daycare quilt.

So on that note, have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Well Thursday is here

Good Morning,

I plan to clean carpet today....can't stand it any longer. I did general cleaning yesterday and got a little sewing done on the baby quilt using the Whimsical Shoofly pattern. I'm also using Essex linen along with quilters cotton. This may be the only time I use linen in a quilt. It's quite thick and it stretches real easy.

No word yet on my biopsy.

Have a great day friends.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Baby it's cold outside! Brrrh! Took the dog for a short walk this morning and I think someone opened the freezer door overnight. The forecast is for snow this afternoon....way too early for that white stuff. There are still leaves on the trees! Oh well, I guess it is inevitable that winter is coming, but that doesn't make me like it.

I haven't been in my sewing room for what seems to be days. I must get busy today and complete some UFO's for Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, I received my Secret Santa name yesterday and I am really excited about getting my 12 gifts wrapped and sent off. Have to find the wrapping paper so I can send it off soon.

My new washer arrives tomorrow...its been 3 weeks since I have done laundry at home and I will be so happy to see the delivery truck in the driveway tomorrow. It may take me all weekend to catch up on laundry, but that's okay with me.

Yesterday, we went shopping for a new kitchen. Our home is 38 years old and the kitchen has never been updated. It is seriously about time to do it. So many choices....so many colours....so many styles. How does one decide? Between floor tiles, backsplash, lighting, faucets, sinks, cabinets, counters...not to mention all the accessories to help organize. I was so overwhelmed. I have to call the "kitchen designer" today and book an appointment for them to come and measure to see what will actually fit. Someone told me that it takes up to 8 weeks to replace a kitchen....I will have to get busy to make up food for the freezer so we aren't eating out that whole time. I guess the microwave will get a workout...lol.

Have a wonderful day...hugs and prayers for those in need.

]
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Its a very rainy morning here this morning.

So I went to the Creativ Festival and helped set up the booth for the Toronto Modern Quilt Guild. It was fun meeting the few ladies that were there and some of the quilts are really beautiful. The booth is located directly across from the BabyLock booth. I'm back there on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, as I suspected, I imagine that this show will not go on much longer. They have moved it to a much smaller location, decreased it by 1 day and decreased the number of classes available to take. It think it's just a matter of time. Unfortunately, we have no other shows here of any kind (quilting or sewing). C'est la vie.

Today I hope to get back to my Halloween table runner. I fussy cut some pieces which need to be sub cut and then I'm cutting things like owls and wolves in half. Sigh.

Have a good one folks.

Comment

Good Morning All,
          Have a headache this am,so this will be short. My question is anybody know were "Sewn by Bee" is? She stopped posting maybe the beginning of the month or more. I know her daughter was getting married sometime this month. Anybody know?
          Have a good day everyone.. Hugs& Prayers. Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

Morning all...dark and rainy day here today also which actually makes me glad to be at work. I always accomplish so much more on days like this.

Monique, it sounds very much to me like your friend may be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome. Has he had that checked?

Liam has been having some issues at school but I think we have it under control now. Met with his math teacher last night and got him organized and hopefully back on track. He has a lot of catching up to do but we think he will pull through. I sure hope he learned his lesson this time!!

Lots of housework to do starting tonight after groceries and on into the weekend. I'm determined to get boxes unpacked and find my winter clothes! Can't really put that off much longer.

Busy at work finally so must get back to it. Sending love and hugs to all in need! xoxxo

Comment

Cold and dark here in Jersey also and like Wendy I need to get my Winter cloths out ASAP. DH & I both have doctor's appointments today and maybe get some shopping and a late lunch on the way home.

I've been going through all my quilting bags and boxes and have unearthed some long lost UFOs packaged with their remaining blocks and fabrics. One top is finished and I may quilt it myself as it's modern looking and I'm thinking straight line quilting would look good on it. Others are going into the box I'm making up for Grandma Judy the Orphan Block Queen.

Barb, Hope you get some Good News today.
              Last edited by MayinJerset; October 27, 2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
                Good Morning All,
                Have a headache this am,so this will be short. My question is anybody know were "Sewn by Bee" is? She stopped posting maybe the beginning of the month or more. I know her daughter was getting married sometime this month. Anybody know?
                I received a group message on FB the other day from Bekie (Sewn By Bee), so I am assuming all is well.
                Had a meeting with Gabe's school this AM to discuss his IEP, and begin work on a plan of action to address his individual learning needs. As he has gotten older, his learning issues have become more noticible due to his TBI. He may actually need a para and at the very least much more one on one help. It is hard for me to say this, because he really is so bright and smart. That boy can tell you everything you could ever want to now about Pokemon, lol. He is great with what interest him, just not in a normal classroom setting. His biggest issue is reading, and writing. He does pretty good with math and numbers. But we want to make sure he gets all the help that is available to him, so he doesn't keep getting further behind. I can guarantee, if you met him...you would not be able to discern that there was anything wrong with him. (unless his hair was short, and you could see his scars. Not to mention he is the sweetest little guy in the world. (he opens my door for me). I am so in love with him, ans so very proud of all he has overcome. And I count my blessings every day, because I know it could have been so much worse, and I still have him. OK, got that off my chest.
                Spent yesterday quilting a couple of small tops that had been given to me for the PICU. Got the binding on one last night. Will finish up the other one today, and have the kids after school. Time to get on with the day.
                Hugs and blessing for those in need.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

It's a sunny morning here. It was 40 deg. & light frost. High today is supposed to be a possible record breaker--around 80 deg.) We're still having unseasonably warm weather for late Oct. & it's very dry. I'll be setting out the sprinkler in a few min. to water the lawn. We had our system blown out for the winter on Oct 6. Now we're having all this warm weather & no precip., so it means dragging out the hoses.

I got ~45 min. of FMQ done yest. Hope to get more done today. Yesterday, I had a nice lunch after BSF with our discussion group at our local Perkins. There were only 6 of us, but we had a good chat. Of course, the election topic came up. One person said she heard Hillary Clinton has Parkinson's Disease & her medical records are not being made public. I did a Google search & came up with quite a few hits that raise the suspicion of PD. Hmmmm. Just wondering if she's really fit for the job, should she get elected. If she does have PD, it's sure being kept under wraps by the media.

We had an answer to prayer this week. My DIL in MD recently resigned her previous job due to working conditions she no longer could tolerate. She had a job interview last week which went well. She got a call back for a 2nd interview on Tues. a.m. Yest. they called her with a verbal offer; formal letter to follow. She starts work on Nov. 7. It still will be an hour's commute (which is common in her area), but it's in a different direction where the traffic will not be as congested. I'm very happy for her.

Well, time to head outside to set out that sprinkler.

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
                    Good Morning All,
                    She had computer problems but will be back as soon as she can.

Comment

We are expecting anywhere between .5 to 1.5 inches of snow this afternoon. YUCK!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                        Pain in his right shoulder (it's not a stroke, he has gone to see about it). He has no strength in his right hand at all, fingers numb.
                        Those are the exact symptoms that my husband had with his Parkinson's that it took them 2 years to diagnose.
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                          We are expecting anywhere between .5 to 1.5 inches of snow this afternoon. YUCK!!!!!
                          Already? Is it normal for you to have snow this early?

Comment

Monique, have you tried a chiropractor specializing in extremities? My sister couldn't lay her hand flat on the table and her doc sent her to a chiropractor. She had fallen some months earlier and one of her top ribs was pinching the nerves running down to her hand. It's taken several treatments but she can get her hand to lay flat now. I had never heard of such a thing!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X