It's a Wednesday kind of day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Wednesday kind of day

Good morning friends. Up early this morning, that sciatica again. It only hurts when I lay down. I guess the only cure for that is to not lay down.

I spent the better part of the day quilting one of the daycare quilts. All I need to do on that one is sew the binding on. Has anyone ever sewn the back by machine? I am thinking of doing the reverse as opposed to sewing on the front. Second one should be ready for quilting today.

Oh and I got suckered in on my computer yesterday. A big message that my computer had been shut down and call this number. Yup, I called, sounded legit until it would cost me $99.99 for them to fix my computer. Sucked me right on, just about made me sick. I went to the municipal library and used their computer and changed all my passwords. Phoned Phil (my son and techie) and he advised me on what to do. I still had their number on my phone so I called them back and as soon as someone answered I turned up the radio as loud as it would go. Then I discovered that if you hold the hand held phone close to the land line it squeals. Squealed in their ears about 5 times. All seems to be well this morning but will be keeping an eye on things. Just makes me sick.

Have any of you seen the video on you tube about the little mouse caught in the outlet? Apparently he made it out alive. Well, I have a mouse this morning caught in two traps. I have three set up in a row where I know they come from. I check my trap line every morning. I even had mouse poop on my sewing table. How many times can I say EWWWW!! Anywho, this one won't be making it out alive. And no, I don't catch and release because they will come back in.

Bingo got cancelled for tonight. Too much sickness in the home where it is held. So what shall I do today? Well I guess I will have to quilt then. Not sure yet if I am taking my friend Doug to the city or not today.

While I was in the sewing room yesterday there were FLURRIES outside! Honest to goodness. Then the sun would come out, then more flurries. It was like that most of the day. YUCK!! I really don't like this weather. I think today will be more of the same.

Did anyone watch the ball game last night? I watched part of it. I guess I am cheering for Cleveland because that was Les' grandfather's team. Les remembers his grandfather listening to the game on the radio and he was also from Cleveland. So that is why we are cheering for the Cleveland Indians.

Holy moly guacamole, I am long winded this morning. So there you have it folks. Have a spectacular day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's a Wednesday kind of day

Good morning Monique and all to follow. A bit chilly here this morning. DH had to do a bit of scraping frost off his car when he left this morning. By the time Ieave, the frost should be gone and I won't need to scrape. Think I'll wear my warmer coat today.

I've been busy before and after work getting ready for the craft fair coming up. This weekend will be filled with lots of sewing time for sure ..... that is after babysitting for Henry on Friday night and going to Lily's first birthday party on Saturday afternoon.

And so, off I head to the sewing room to finish up a tablerunner before I leave for work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning: OH, frost / snow - already? Just seems too soon, but guess it isn't. My new sewing room is finally taking shape. Putting away my magazine collection from 2000 to present. I just can't seem to get rid of any of them. I like to go back and look through all again for ideas. It is also amazing how patterns have been modernized using strip methods vs templates.

We are supposed to have another nice day today. I have to admit, even though it starts out cool in the morning, the afternoons are wonderful. Not too hot. Unfortunately, we could use rain - like many other areas, very dry.

Monique - EWWWW on the mice. So far, we haven't seen any here. I hope it stays that way. My daughter has been finding them. Again, EWWWWW.

Have a fantastic day all. Stay well, stay safe.

Comment

Snow flurries and window scraping wouldn't qualify as chilly down here. We would have flight delays and school closings! It has gotten nippy (for us) in the mornings, but goes back up to almost 80 during the day, so it's been great weather for GA. Now if we could only get some rain!

Still working on clearing out the top floor. I think I'll tackle DS's closet today. If I don't post in the next 24 hours, have someone come look for me. No telling what I might find.

Hope everyone has a great day - hugs and prayers to those who need them.
        Cindy

Comment

Good morning peeps. It's quite cold but sunny here. Was off to the drug store this morning for a new tube of Polysporin (antibiotic cream). After going through 3 shockwave treatments, the skin on my knee became swollen and itchy, which I ignored for a number of days, but I just couldn't stand it any longer.

I'm going to have an exciting day. Even though I'm not a member, I volunteered to help out the Toronto Modern Quilters Guild at our local show called the Creativ Festival (formerly Creative Sewing & Needlework Festival). I will be there this afternoon helping them set up and then I will be in their booth on Saturday morning. They are displaying their quilts in the hope of gaining new members. I have wanted to join, and may even attend their next meeting on Sunday afternoon. I like that their meetings are on the weekend. They're just not in the greatest part of Toronto which has kept me away.

I started cutting a Halloween table runner yesterday and miscut some fabric. Sigh. I'm also a little disenchanted with my new serger. Oh well.

Have a great day.

Comment

I am here!! Really, finally got myself together and made this stop a priority. Missed ya all yesterday as I was having my endoscopy in the early Afternoon. Gads, I hate the NOTHING by mouth 6 hours before hand. It makes you get inventive with "wetting your mouth". Like brush your teeth x 4. Swishing your coffee around then spitting it out in the sink..Several times. But I made it and survived the procedure.

Out like a light as soon as they put the meds in the iv. Woke up ready to get out of there and have a decent cuppa. Ya know they gave me some juice which I inhaled immediately and got dressed. As soon as I was home, I had my Cuppa and sat down in my recliner. Next thing I know it was time to go to bed.
            Dang, the Meds they give are wonderful..

Does anyone have that little gadget called "fitbit"? Well DD got me one and I've been monitoring my steps.. only got in 254 yesterday... ?? But that sleep monitor on it says I did great!! LOL.

Getting myself in gear now that I can have as many cuppas as I want and sit out under the awning drinking it. Yes, It is raining this morning and I get to hear the rain hit the tin roof. Nothing like listening to that comforting sound from my childhood.. made me a bit sleepy.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day with lots of smiles and hugs.
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

Hoping today is better than yesterday. I had big plans to work on some PICU tops that I had been gifted. That didn't happen after I fell Monday. It was to painful to stand and spray baste, and I couldn't piece because it hurt my heel (big boo boo) to push on the pedal. (I don't like using the button)...so I was in quite a funk by last night, and just went to bed at 9....about 4 hrs early for me. Got up this AM to my one tear hurting, only to find it was oozing and bleeding out of the bandage.....ughh. Changing all of them (4) is not an easy task. I have to use adhesive removal pads to slowly take them off to keep from causing new tears. Well enough about that. I AM going to sew today, no matter what.
              Got a text from youngest GD to inform me she was spending the night Friday. I told her Ok and asked her why. She just said because she wanted too. (She loves her Granny) She is the one that went to Hamilton and pushed me all over Hamilton in my wheel chair. I think she has plans of sewing on my Hello Kitty machine. She does have a couple of quilts she is working on.
              Planning on taking them to a trunk or treat or two Sat.
              Off to try to get something done.
              Hugs and prayers for those that need them.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Marilyn, You take care of yourself ..... don't make me come see you. That sewing and everything else can wait til your healed and or doing better.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                X