Tuesday Night Owl @,@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Night Owl @,@

Hoot hoot! The NBA season started tonight so I took a nap to be able to stay up and watch the Warriors get creamed by the Spurs...Yeeouch. The Spurs played great and could hardly miss a shot...which I how I was expecting the Warriors to play...so at least somebody played great!

I've been dinking around between projects for the most part. Still doing a little big stitch quilting and also practicing some ribbon embroidery. I'm undecided on what to do with that technique but its very pretty...maybe I'll stick it on a crazy quilt at some point.

What's up in your neck of the woods?

Re: Tuesday Night Owl @,@

Hoot hoot have you seen the dd yet? it's free shipping plus 5 specials at dd pricing I had to but. I hope all is well with the Owls I don't always see you any more.There isn't much different here as usual (I guess that's a good thing though).We watched the first game of the World series tonight so not much else got accomplished.Everyone here has gone to bed so no machine tonight.
    l
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I haven't gotten squat done on my sewing!

Danged PTA stuff. I have almost caught up on the paperwork. Tomorrow is collection day for BoxTops. Then I get to finish packaging those up and sending them off.
      When will I remember to say no?
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Also watched the World Series first game - wow, that Cleveland pitcher was good at getting those Cubs to strike out. I wonder if the home plate umpire will be calling the whole series. I thought some of those called strikes (for both sides) were balls. Since I'm a Chicago raised gal I'm rooting for the Cubs ... fingers crossed that the next games will go our way.

Starting to pack up for the trip to my NC home. In the old days we could drive straight through - 19 hrs back then. Now it takes 5 or 6 days. Stop every 300 miles or so for a couple of nights ... I'm enjoying the travel!

Comment

Up early this morning. Today I take a vacation day from work to participate in long arm classes with Angela Walters. Feathers and quilting negative spaces. Only 6 students. I am determined to improve those feathers. Arrggh.
          Judy, enjoy your trip. Having the extra time is the beauty of retirement. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Karen, be sure to report back on how the class went and any tips you can share. Angela & quilting = a wonderful day!

Comment

kimsophia...........how are you liking the big stitch quilting? I just started trying it a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                kimsophia...........how are you liking the big stitch quilting? I just started trying it a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it.
                I'm getting better at it. I like it okay. It goes pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                X