How much??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much??

Can someone tell what I can expect to pay for a Babylock Tiara mid arm.

Babylock website doesn't say... they want you to find a retailer. I need an idea. M* may sell them, but I don't remember if I saw one in the Machine Shop the last time I was up there.

Any way... if anyone knows what the prices are. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Re: How much??

Ummm, had you asked me this two years ago I could have told you close prices on just about every sit down machine there was at the time. I think the Tiara was close to $5,000 then, some of the cost depending on what you get such as the stitch regulator, larger table, etc. On the Tiara/Handiquilter/Pfaff sitdowns the stitch regulator is a little round thing that sits on the quilt and has to be moved every so often so it doesn't fall off. Most people that I talked to didn't like them at all, and they are close to $800 extra if I remember right.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

There is a thread from a day or so ago called "Do I Need A Tiara" and she was looking at a used one for $3295. You might want to read that thread.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I was looking at one a few months ago and it was right around $5000. That included the table and stitch regulator.

Comment

What you'll spend for a Baby Lock Tiara will depend on what all you want. It comes with the LA machine, the table, the bobbin winder, & a sm. pkt. of tools/brush. Table extensions of 18" are extra & can be added to either the right side or the left side , or both. The stitch regulator is extra. (If you feel comfortable doing FMQ on your DSM, you really don't need the regulator.) I'm not sure if the overlay is extra (it lays over the center table & makes it easier for FMQ). No Supreme Slider will be necessary. The gold standard maintenance agreement (good for 3 yrs.) is at least $500. additional; I recommend buying it. I'm guessing for the new Tiara III you'll probably be looking at close to $6,000. Maybe a bit more. I didn't pay that much for the II. My LQS owner made me a deal on his floor model which he wanted to move out so he could make room for the III & the new stand up LA. Sometimes dealers/vendors at shows will make a special show price. I just paid $214. to have a large quilt done by a LA quilter, so that adds up in a hurry. Most dealers will work out a payment plan for you if you can't pay cash. I'm very satisfied with my Tiara II. It's so much easier to do the FMQ with it than it was on my DSM. My arms don't get as tired, & there's so much more space to spread out the quilt. (I have the table extension just on the left.) It's at a better table height for me than my DSM was. (If I recall correctly, the table height is adjustable.) I also use an adjustable office chair. I lower it down when I change the bobbin & clean the bobbin area, which needs to be done with every bobbin change. I use a flashlight to see the area for cleaning as well as oiling. The one thing that was new for me was having to adjust the bobbin tension with almost every bobbin change. It took some practice to get my stitches to look satisfactory. I bought a pkg. of the M bobbins with the holes on line. It was more reasonable than my LQS.

Comment

Sewing machines plus has the Janome Artistc Quilter on sale for $4200. That seems like a good price.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
              Sewing machines plus has the Janome Artistc Quilter on sale for $4200. That seems like a good price.
              http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/sm...FcmOfgodxkEDGQ

Looks like a sweet deal! See how big that table is? Nice!
              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
              X