Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Those Fighting Cancer (or other challenging circumstances)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Those Fighting Cancer (or other challenging circumstances)

There are several on the Forum who currently have cancer, have had cancer in the past, or have loved ones who are fighting cancer. People often fear a long and painful process after which one may, or may not, recover. For those who believe in the power of prayer, each day we can ask, and accept, the gift of God's wisdom and can count on His strength for that day. Sometimes one's greatest enemy is not the disease, but subtle feelings of despair, which can rob one of peace.

When Dan Richardson, an enthusiastic believer in Christ, lost his battle with cancer, the following piece was distributed at his memorial service:

"Cancer is limited...
    It cannot cripple love,
    It cannot corrode faith,
    It cannot eat away peace,
    It cannot destroy confidence,
    It cannot kill friendship,
    It cannot silence courage,
    It cannot invade the soul,
    It cannot reduce eternal life,
    It cannot quench the Spirit,
    It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection."

One may, or may not, ultimately be healed. Whichever God sovereignly wills will be your lot. It's part of life's puzzle. One cannot deny that he/she has the disease, but you can deny despair from taking control. Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances, one can call on God for wisdom, strength, grace, & peace.

Thoughts, prayers, & hugs go out to those who are dealing with life's challenges, esp. cancer.

Re: For Those Fighting Cancer (or other challenging circumstances)

Thank you so much for this! Today I needed to see this. Thanks!!
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Very true. Thanks for sharing.
      ***Kathy***

Comment

So very true. Thanks for caring.

Linda

Comment

Amen. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Joy.
            Cindy

Comment

This is so true. I watched my late husband Michael live this.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you for this.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

A very dear friend, June, recently lost her sister to cancer and shared a video of her sister, Brenda, on her last day - and this was the song Brenda was singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMxxkPiCxs
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Amen. I have a friend who just had brain surgery for the 2nd time,
                    he is a little lost right now, I will forward this to him. Thank-you

Comment

For some time I've been following Rory Feek's blog, "This Life I Live." His lovely wife Joey (age 40) died of cancer this spring. They were a famous singing duo. Their story has been shared via his blog, their facebook page, & a movie that was shown in selected theaters around the county. I don't think it's been made available on DVD. He also has a book coming out next year on their story. These are a testament to how God saw them through their cancer struggles & faith journey. They also had another challenge: their little girl, Indiana ("Indy") was born with Down's Syndrome. There are many videos on YouTube of their songs, even excerpts from her funeral service, etc. It's a bittersweet story. They went by Joey & Rory. The Gaithers did 2 different videos of them & their music.

Comment

Working...
                      X