Family Cancer Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Cancer Updates

Yuck. I hate that title! Now that the quilt show is over, it's time to think about cancer again. The quilt show was a great distraction. DH Jonas has prostate surgery next Wednesday. We spent all day yesterday at Lahey Hospital having tests done. He has a bad cold and they aren't sure they can operate. It might be decided the day before. It's been three months since his cancer diagnosis.

My little brother Andrew is on chemo and is doing pretty well. The colon cancer tumors in his liver are shrinking. He is very tired and discouraged some days, feeling up and better on others. You never know. It's hard to see him so tired. DH has not been able to see him for a month because of the cold he just can't shake.

DH's young nephew, only 41, is undergoing chemo for colon cancer.

It's a tough time but God is good. He is carrying us through this.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: Family Cancer Updates

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Cyndi, I hadn't heard about Jonas....I'm so sorry to hear this. His cold will get better and he can have the surgery. My prayers are with you and all your family. (((HUGS)))
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I can totally relate to you on family cancers. My 40 year old daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in January of 2015 and then my 37 year old daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer in January of this year. Needless to say, I hate the month of January.
        My daughter with breast cancer has had 6 months of chemo, the breast removed and will start radiation for 30 days on the 1st of Novemeber. It was state 2 and everything is looking great at this time. The one with colon cancer has been on chemo now for over a year and a half and has been told she will never be off of the treatment. She also has numerous tumors in the liver and lungs which are controlled, but not gone. She started lymphatic treatments and raw vegan diets along with other natural treatments at the beginnings along with compounds from the doctor at the health food store. Her oncologist is amazed at the progress since starting the compounds. liver shows all normal ranges now and cancer marker has gone to 23 with 10 being normal. In the beginning it was in the 1800's. Who knows, what is the biggest killer of the cancer, but she is a fighter and inspiration to us all. Lots of prayers from everyone helps too. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
        Linda

Comment

Prayers continue.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Wrapping you in a great big hug, Cyndi

Comment

Cyndi and Linda, keeping both of your families in my thoughts.

Comment

Continued prayers for you and your family.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you for the updates. Will continue to pray for all.

(((HUGS)))
                    Donna

Comment

Continued prayers for your families, Cyndi and Linda.
                      Cindy

Comment

Cyndi, thanks for the update. Prayers for your family and for Linda's family too.
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Cyndi and Linda both seem to be experiencing more than their fair share of that horrid disease. I'm thinking of you all and wishing speedy recoveries for your loved ones. xox

Comment

Love, hugs, and prayers for you, Cyndi, and Linda, and your families!

Comment

Working...
                            X