Friday is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday is here

Good morning friends. Still dark here this morning but we did have lots of rain later in the day yesterday. I did start cleaning my sewing room, it is coming along, slowly. Les and I did have a little visit with his Mom as well and we also dropped off a sewing cabinet to a friend's house.

6 machines, 2 have gone to a new home and were well received, my brother wants 1 or 2 but will probably get three (I had a spare one too, he wants them for show) and I am keeping 2 for myself. So that wasn't so difficult was it.

I heard from Blondie yesterday. She is doing well, just has been busy with life. Baby Eli is doing well and Momma Ruth is also doing well. She misses all of you.

Today, is just more time in the sewing room, still lots to do.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Friday is here

Good Morning, Monique: Happy Friday. Is finally a rainy day here. Like so many other places, the rain will be very welcome. I can just hear the grass and few plants "sucking" it up and growing all they can. My DH hears the sound of the lawnmower. My new sewing room is taking shape. Carpenters are now gone and I am starting to fill in the new area. Doesn't look as big as it did empty. Can't to move sewing machines in. Then I know I'm done. Good to hear Blondie is doing well. I hadn't seen her on in a while. Happy Friday!!

Comment

Good Morning,

Our weather has done a 180...it's near freezing this morning. Yesterday we used the A/C and today the heat.

Glad to hear Blondie is doing well. I know she's been so busy.

We will go to a fish fry at the Catholic church this afternoon....yay, I don't have to cook. That will give me time to sew.

Wishing everyone a good day....with hugs.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning and Happy Friday. It's my sewing day. Well, with a small break to run some errands but it will be mostly a sewing day.

I think we will be getting some rain here too. It has been a bit of Indian summer weather over the last few days and I'm anxious to see fall return.

Glad to hear Blondie is doing well. She is missed here.

The close on the house went well. It was so hard to keep up with all the paperwork going back and forth across the table. Sign here, initial there, sign for your brother (he lives out of state so I had his power of attorney) . At one point I looked at the table and thought "How do they know who's paperwork is where?" Our attorney, the buyer, their attorney, the title company -- papers shuffling back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, all the papers were back in their appropriate stacks and we had the most important piece of paper in our hands --- our checks. LOL And now it's time to breath and not worry about the furnace, the plumbing, the leaking roof, etc. Well, of course, except in our own houses. It was hard letting the house go to someone else but it was time for sure. My parents would not have wanted us to continue to be burdened with keeping up with the repairs. It was a wonderful home to grow up in and I hope whoever lives there in that space in the future finds happiness and comfort and peace there as well.

Time to head up to the sewing room. Have a great day everyone.
        Last edited by Ginny B; October 21, 2016, 06:28 AM.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all...
          Friday. DD and I have been trying to shake this icky cold all week, still lingering but getting better. I'm working on a sweet little baby quilt and I really like how it's turning out. I do need to run to J* to get 1/2 yd more of the Kona grey that I'm using. I had leftover from the wedding quilt, and I need just a bit more to finish adding a border.
          So much running through my head and heart right now - so much going on at the moment, but I keep feeling God tugging at me to become more like Mary than Martha. It's like God sustained me through the time of caring for my FIL, but now He is nudging me to draw closer to Jesus. I know I don't normally expound on stuff like that here, but it's in my heart so there it is
          Ok, so more coffee, bring DD to school, go to store, clean up around here, get ready to prepare dinner later because older DD and her boyfriend are coming for dinner tonight.... (see??? There is Martha again ).
          Thinking of all of you this weekend - especially those in the muck right now.
          Hugs

Comment

Morning everyone!
            Monique I am glad to hear the 6 sewing machines have found new homes and wish you well in your organizing of your sewing room.
            Ginny I know that you have strong attachments to the home you grew up in, but even though it is no longer part of your possessions, it is always in your memory...enjoy those memories without the burden of the building itself
            Bubby, enjoy the fish fry....they are always a great social event around here and I love the "don't have to cook" part.!
            Songbird, be patient with yourself and follow your heart.

I am off to do laundry this morning...my 17 year old washing machine stopped working and we haven't had time to look for a new one so off the the coin wash to get it done. Not my favourite way to spend a wet rainy Friday, but someone's gotta do it! lol
            Hopefully when I get back there will be time to sew one of many UFO's that need to be completed before Christmas.

Have a great weekend everyone!
            Peggiep
            "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Morning everyone. I don't usually get on in the mornings because I'm at work, but I've had a bad cold all week, and last night the cough started in, so I stayed home today. It's cool and rainy here. I'm having a cup of coffee and will be heading up to the immediate care once they open - my doctor isn't in today. Sounds like a lot of people are fighting this right now.

Monique and Pat, have fun sewing today!
              Ginny, I'm glad your closing went well. Now someone else can begin to make happy memories too in your childhood home.
              Bubby, enjoy the fish fry! I stopped and got chicken pot pies at the deli last night so I don't have to cook tonight either, other than heating them in the oven!
              Songbird, I can understand what you're saying - been there. Listen to your heart.
              Peggie, the nice thing about going to the laundromat is that you can do more than one load at a time, and the laundry gets done faster!

Have a good day, everyone, and enjoy your weekend!

Comment

Morning all. It's been a drizzly couple of days here...typical fall weather I suppose but still makes me not want to get out of bed that's for sure!

I have a small skin infection that requires antibiotics and this morning I dropped my pill down the sink drain so had to call the pharmacy to get an extra pill. Wanted to go to a friends play in Toronto tonight but have no one to go with me and I'm a bit nervous going alone. It starts at 8 so won't be over until 9 or 9:30...then visit...so after 10 by the time I leave and I dislike being alone downtown on a Friday night so I likely won't go.

Nothing planned as usual for the weekend other than cleaning and laundry and picking up bird food. Have some work to do so will likely plug away at that. Sending love and hugs to those in need. xoxo

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
                  Good morning and Happy Friday. It's my sewing day. Well, with a small break to run some errands but it will be mostly a sewing day.

I think we will be getting some rain here too. It has been a bit of Indian summer weather over the last few days and I'm anxious to see fall return.

Glad to hear Blondie is doing well. She is missed here.

The close on the house went well. It was so hard to keep up with all the paperwork going back and forth across the table. Sign here, initial there, sign for your brother (he lives out of state so I had his power of attorney) . At one point I looked at the table and thought "How do they know who's paperwork is where?" Our attorney, the buyer, their attorney, the title company -- papers shuffling back and forth, back and forth. But in the end, all the papers were back in their appropriate stacks and we had the most important piece of paper in our hands --- our checks. LOL And now it's time to breath and not worry about the furnace, the plumbing, the leaking roof, etc. Well, of course, except in our own houses. It was hard letting the house go to someone else but it was time for sure. My parents would not have wanted us to continue to be burdened with keeping up with the repairs. It was a wonderful home to grow up in and I hope whoever lives there in that space in the future finds happiness and comfort and peace there as well.

Time to head up to the sewing room. Have a great day everyone.
                  Ginny, I know how you feel about the house being sold! I still have to remind myself that my rental home is no longer mine and I don't have to worry about it anymore. And that check in hand sure feels good once you get it!

Comment

Good Morning! Just a brief hello before heading out for a field trip to the local University President's home. It has a neat history and I am looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing the beautiful details of the home.
                    On a very positive note, the phone and internet are now fixed. The line had pretty much been cut somewhere along the wires. Wonder if the squirrels are guilty. This is the first time in years that both are functioning the way that they should. A very happy dance in this house

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone

Comment

We would love to see some rain, here. It did turn much cooler - highs in the upper 60's and expecting it to be in the 40's tonight! Very cool for GA this time of year - and no rain expected.

I will be spending the day cleaning out closets and going over work orders with the contractors for the new flooring. It will force me to start cleaning out some of the things that have been laying around and not being used. Edith is still hanging on the design wall and will likely stay there for a few weeks. While I was at the retreat, I picked up the pattern for one of the cloth bowls, so I may have some time in the evenings to do some hand stitching.

Have a great day, everyone!
                      Cindy

Comment

After the backwards binding battle last night, I'm set to finish the binding on this Circle of Comfort lap quilt. I'll wind some more bobbin thread, finish the binding and then figure out a label. I've got 2 hours. Wish me luck!

The rain has eased up for a few hours, so maybe I can get out and salvage the last of the tomatoes, jalapeƱo peppers, the one eggplant, and see if any of the raspberries are left. Well, after the binding is done of course.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                        X