Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwards Night Owl

Ugh!
    I am trying to finish up a COC quilt for one of the elementary school teachers. I am going to machine stitch it since I am sure it will be tossed in the washer and drug around to chemo appointments.

I started to clip the binding on the quilt. Dang it! It needs to go on the other side if I want to machine stitch it and not make it look like one of the kindergarteners did it.
    Fine!
    I un-did it and flipped the quilt over. Now I have started the binding going the wrong direction. My Bernette doesn't have a very big throat, so it is certainly easier to run the bulk of the quilt out on the table.
    Fine!
    I'll go fix THAT now. Then I think I am going to bed before I really mess up something!

P.S. Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus for those Wonder Clips! I can only imagine if I had pinned all of that. Twice.

So how are things in your tree?
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Backwards Night Owl

Hanging upside down here . . . must be the time of year.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Oh, you are a wonderful person. I guess mine would have looked like the kindergardener did it. lol. They usually do anyway, no matter how hard I try
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
        Oh, you are a wonderful person. I guess mine would have looked like the kindergardener did it. lol. They usually do anyway, no matter how hard I try
        Practice is supposed to make us better right? I just got done re-posting a video about owning your mistakes. Well, there I go!
        At least, having made that mistake in the past, I realized it before I had to frog it. Therefore the original mistake served it's purpose.

Then I ran out of bobbin thread. That is when I packed it in for the night!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Toggpine, I have no sense of direction when it comes to sewing and often have things reversed, not fitting in the harp, etc. It is frustrating! I do it with garment sewing, too.

Wonder Clips are indeed a godsend. Stabbing myself never makes my hobby fun.

I am taking some time off from sewing. I finished the Victorian Santa cross stitch project, so that is up on my profile photo album if you want to go see what I've been talking about for months...it feels really good not to have any project to work on! (Not that I don't have half a dozen ideas back in my sewing room, but none out gnawing at me here in the living room.) I'm working on gathering and drying seed for a local monarch butterfly group. I'm doing purple coneflower, asters and milkweed. I'm using silica gel powder for the first time. It seems to be working. I'm using ice cream buckets. I still love doing school science projects...

Comment

Working...
          X