"Moving isn't for sissies" "The Sequel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Moving isn't for sissies" "The Sequel"

We purged, packed, cleaned, loaded, "closed" and we are offically apartment dwellers! AND now the fun begins! unpacking, organizing, sorting... Thankfully my wonderful sister came from NJ to help me! We got the kitchen, dining room and living room together! She (Non-sewer/quilter) took one look at my fabric/sewing/quilting stash and said, "I'm going home now!" Now the fun really starts, trying combine the guest room and my sewing room! Pictures to come!

PS In the middle of the move I got more fabric from MSQC! ;-)
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: "Moving isn't for sissies" "The Sequel"

like button.jpg....................................
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the new room.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

no way a non sewer would understand
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

No way moving isn't for sissies. I'm a military wife and I've done it many, many, many times. My sister said I could have/ should have wrote a manual for it. LOL.

My sister in law said I am the only person she ever met who could move and be totally unpacked with curtains hung and decorations on the wall in 7 days.

Won't you be happy when you can take a nap?

Comment

I moved to a two bedroom apartment in August and we closed on the sale of our home of 26 years in September. My two sisters came and helped me a few times to pack up the house in June and July. One sister quit after two days and told me I had to "eat that elephant one piece at a time." Once in the apartment, I unpacked a bit until my back gave out. My bff came over and helped me unpack the kitchen. Since it is just me now, that was sufficient to get me by for a few days. Although I still had clothes and lots of other things in boxes, my first priority was my sewing room! When my older sister came back to see the apartment, she just looked around at all the boxes. I told her to ignore all that and come into the FUN ROOM! She was in awe of my new sewing space and design wall! Yay! She said, "I see what you mean by "Fun Room." Even my little dog likes the "Fun Room" more than any other room in the apartment...well, maybe the kitchen where her food bowl is, and the patio where she gets to sit and watch all the children walk by on their way to school.

Comment

Congrats on the move. I don't want to move but it would be great if my sewing room was pact and I could put it away one box at a time. Right now I have too much stuff and it never gets put away. I would rather work on top of things then take the time to clean and organize it right. There is always something that I need to get done first and now it coming on to Christmas so there are lots of things that need to be done first. Oh well.

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
                No way moving isn't for sissies. I'm a military wife and I've done it many, many, many times. My sister said I could have/ should have wrote a manual for it. LOL.

My sister in law said I am the only person she ever met who could move and be totally unpacked with curtains hung and decorations on the wall in 7 days.

Won't you be happy when you can take a nap?
                Wow, I bet you could write the manual on moving. We've moved many times but never downsized. It's been a eye-opener for me. How much I really have and never use! Really... how many sets of measuring cups does one non-baking person need? Too invitations to Pampered Chef parties and feel guilty not buying something. We found 4 Pampered Chef mini spatulas!
                Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Working...
                X