X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shirleyknot
    replied
    Re: Suggestions please! and rant

Haven't watched tv in more than 15 years. Don't care much for garbage in my home

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

Having two Grandchildren under the age of 10 living with me full time we watch a lot of Disney and Nick Jr. Netflix or DVD's would be another choice. Good luck and hope you have a great visit.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

Stick With DVD's
    Nothing good on tv anymore!

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

You might go to thrift shops and get some Disney movies - As for tv shows you might look for the nickelodeon jr. channel. Enjoy your visit.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Do you have Netflix? They have a whole section on children's programs and movies. You could actually do a free trial and decline after she leaves.

Leave a comment:

• asta
    started a topic Suggestions please! and rant

Suggestions please! and rant

A friend is going to be visiting soon with her newly adopted granddaughter. She is wondering if I can get some suggestions for t.v. shows that are appropriate-especially evening shows-for a 6 year old. We have been discussing the fact that it seems morals and family values seem to have left the t.v. world. Everything seems to be focused on sex or at least inappropriate behaviors for the parents and teens in shows. Not to mention "sassy" mouths of the young children that elicits the laughter of grown-ups. I remember when my kids were young The Simpsons was popular and my DH would tape the show for the kids then edit out much of the show, sometimes there was very little left but the kids were happy and did not notice for the most part. If we were to try this now there would be no show left. So, my question is, should we just stock up on a bunch of DVD's or is there something the group of us gals can watch together. I miss the good old days of Father Knows Best, and Leave It To Beaver.
Working...
X