Thursday hellos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday hellos

Good morning. I am now back home. I had such a wonderful time at the workshop with Laura Coia from Sew Very Easy. What a wonderful woman she is. Nancy, as always, is such a wonderful friend to have invited me to attend this workshop and to also invite me to stay at her house. We had a blast. We made the go and grow bag, you should check it out.

And I also came home with 6 of Nancy's vintage sewing machines. I promised her I would find good homes for the ones I can not keep and a home has already been found. My friend and neighbour (whose daughter comes and sews with me) informed me last night that is going to buy fabric and wants to make a quilt. Oh oh, did I do that? My other neighbour and friend also wants to learn, so I may be teaching both of them if we can find a time that suits both.

My sewing room has gone to the dogs. It is a mess and I can't sew in there, too much clutter. SEW, guess what my job is today? And then I also need to make room for a new machine or two.

Have a great day friends. I shall bury myself in work today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Thursday hellos

Morning Everyone,

Monique, so happy to hear you had such a good time and enjoyed the workshop.

I will be in the sewing room all day, weather permitting. I talked to Reggie yesterday and she told me if I can have my two quilts to her by Monday she will get them quilted before she sells her machine. I'm not sure I can get both done but one is for sure. I cut the borders and bindings for both of them yesterday while it was storming and couldn't use my machine.

Jeff tells me we aren't going to Cuba Saturday.....yay!! We have worked there the past 16 weekends and many of those were Saturday and Sunday, with me going once or twice during the week also.

Wishing everyone a blessed day and happy sewing.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow. Monique! 6 vintage machines to find homes for! Good luck with that!

Bubby, I'm glad you are able to take a break from apartment fixing. I saw from the weather map that you had a lot of rain yesterday.

Not much going on here, trying to recover from a nasty virus that hit me the other day. Tissues are my friend! Have a good day.

Comment

Good morning. Happy Thursday all. Monique, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love Laura's videos on You Tube. Glad you and Nancy got to spend such a fun time together. And bringing home new machines too!

Barb, glad you will get some time in your sewing room.

Well, we left the house in Brooklyn for the last time yesterday. It was an emotional moment for me. We go to close this afternoon and then we are done. My boys are settling into their new place in Peekskill. My sis and I were up there Tuesday to bring the small things they left behind for us to use while we were doing the final cleaning up in the house. It's a great place and we even met a few of their neighbors. Very nice people. It is so peaceful and quiet up there.

Looking forward to the weekends coming up, they are busy and filled with family activities but they will still give me more opportunity to be in my sewing room than I have had in the last month and half or so for sure. And with a couple craft fairs coming up, I defiitely need that time.

That being said, I think I'll head up there and say hello to my machines and my fabric for a bit today. I will probably not get to actually sew today since I am still needing to do a bit of unpacking of the car from the last trip from B'klyn yesterday and organizing that stuff and then head out to the Closing. But, I took tomorrow off too and my plan is to get up early and spend the day creating.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I hope you all get to do even just a little bit of sewing.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          Wow. Monique! 6 vintage machines to find homes for! Good luck with that!

Bubby, I'm glad you are able to take a break from apartment fixing. I saw from the weather map that you had a lot of rain yesterday.

Not much going on here, trying to recover from a nasty virus that hit me the other day. Tissues are my friend! Have a good day.
          Poor Jean! I understand how you are feeling, this week I am suffering from a nasty virus that ha me throwing up the WHOLE night between Monday And tuesday. I am still sick and exhausted :-(
          My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

It's Thursday so grab your cuppa coffee and let's chat about the quilty things going on in your quilty life. Nothing much going on in mine right now so maybe you can give me some ideas. It's also Thankful Thursday so let us know who you're thankful to for their influence in your quilting life.

Monique will sure be influencing some lives with those vintage machines that Nancy gifted her with.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliet Taylor View Post
              Poor Jean! I understand how you are feeling, this week I am suffering from a nasty virus that ha me throwing up the WHOLE night between Monday And tuesday. I am still sick and exhausted :-(
              Sure hope you feel better soon! I'm glad my woes are just coughing and sneezing, not what you are going through! Get some rest!

Comment

Sending lots of love and hugs to those who are under the weather. I love fall but with it these bugs like to start gettin busy! Hope you all feel better soon.

I am DETERMINED to get into my sewing room this weekend and get it organized!! I have two people in my life expecting babies so must get busy on some special quilts for them. This will be my challenge for the weekend. Difficult too because it's dark and rainy and dreary and I just want to hibernate!

Work is really picking up now, so I am quite busy which I really love....and since I have come back from my leave I am really enjoying my job now. I'm so much more confident in my abilities than I was. So that's a big relief. Other than that not much else happening. (((HUGS))) everyone! xox

Comment

Hi, Everyone! I'm actually getting here before noon today. We had a hard freeze this morning--down to 32 deg. & very heavy frost. The neighbor's dark roof was coated white as was the grass. It was cold enough to freeze the bird water. I noticed one lone little bird was sitting on the edge of the pan but didn't drink, so I went out with some hot water to melt the ice. With the freeze, the leaves are really raining down today. All things considered, we've had a beautiful fall. We may see 70's this week end.

Last week, my LA quilter finished quilting the queen size Herringbone quilt that will be gifted to my gr. son for his wedding, which was Labor Day Wk.-End. It's trimmed, the binding is sewn on one side. I'm folding over to the back side. I have one side stitched thus far. It's slow going. It's a lot of bulk to wrestle with! When I'm done, I'll post pics. I love how she quilted it. When I'm done with this quilt, I'll resume working on the Prairie Flower blocks with Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love." I shared the PF pattern with a quilting friend; she's already doing a quilt, too. We share patterns & ideas & have our own show & tell of projects.

My DIL was in a very uncomfortable job situation. She finally resigned; her last day was yest. She has a job interview today. I'm hoping she can find a better job environment with a shorter commute. She's been driving a good hr. each way.

I've been trying to shop my stash, but.... Who can resist purple? I told the gals at the LQS I'm a sucker for purple. I had bought some coordinating FQs from the orphan corner recently--only $1.00 each. When I went back for something else this week, those same fabrics drew me in. Two of the bolts in the orphan corner were 50% off, so I bought the remaining on those two. Then I paid full price for 2 yds. of fabric that coordinated so perfectly with those. I haven't come up with a pattern yet, but I'm sure I can find something that will work. Another project on my bucket list.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for my monthly full body massage. It's a wellness thing I've treated myself to for many years. She really works out the kinks, esp. in my back, neck, & shoulders.

We received our mail-in ballots yest. DH already has his filled out ready to mail. We have several items in Colo. that would raise taxes or our school mill levy. I plan to vote no on all those. I hope everyone will exercise their constitutional rights and vote.

Comment

Hello! Jean and Juliet, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

I'm still stitching away to get things ready for my upcoming craft table, but I do have a little bit of a funny (at least to me) story. My FIL used to work on sewing machines many years ago. I've been begging him to help me clean mine for the last few weeks, but every time he visits (they live 3.5 hours away), we just plain forget. So, I'm a strong woman, who can take care of things myself, right? So I decided to take the covers off my machine to clean it myself. Oh good grief, you should have seen the mess inside my machine!! It was pretty crazy, even though I take out my bobbin and remove the plate and clean everything I can see before I free-motion anything. I think I could have saved up all the stuff I pulled out to stuff a pillow...lol Anywho, I did manage to get it all cleaned out myself, although I did require my handsome hubby's help to get it bolted back into it's cabinet.

Hope you all have an awesomely bless day. <3
                    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Monique, so glad you are home and had a great time with Nancy. Wow 6 machines. Wish I lived closer, lol.
                      Jean, sorry to hear you are under the weather, you as well Juliet. SIL came to visit yesterday. After that I just couldn't get motivated.
                      I will have the kids this evening, and for the next four days in the evening. Working on a couple of quilts, one for a friend and one for the PICU. Still have several that need quilted...that will get done in time.
                      Have a blessed day all.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been under the weather here for this past week. I get inner ear infections ALOT... esp this time of year as the weather gets wet, cold and windy.. I'm trying not to make any more medical bills, but afraid I've lost that battle. Time for a yearly with tests and invasive checks on the bodies systems... (yuck)

I need to get a couple of quilts done..one is under the needle for quilting: 2 more are sandwiched and in the que pile. I need to brag here.. just a bit. I recently purchased the 9400 Janome big throat machine and it has made my quilting so much easier... granted I'm not doing fmq.. but it just eats up quilts with the walking foot... If you can afford a large throat machine it sure is worth it!!! You'll never be sorry of the investment.
                        janome_horizon_memory_craft_9400.jpg

My biggest plan of the day is get a bath/shower... (that's how lousy I'm feeling) Hope the rest of the sickies get better soon.. and those who are healthy.. make time to sew.
                        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                        X