Etsy woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etsy woes

I usually buy from three online vendors that I've found have quality product, great customer service and reasonable shipping costs.
    About a year ago I saw a fat quarter bundle on Etsy and purchased them for future use. Yesterday I pulled out a pattern I wanted to try and grabbed the fat quarters. I spread them out, grabbed the iron and started to press. I quickly realized something was wrong and measured each fat quarter. They measured 18 x 18 inches instead of the standard 18x22" ! I can't remember what shop I ordered from so I'm stuck with using these for something else. ( I needed every inch of the fat quarter for the pattern)
    Several months ago I ordered an item from Etsy and after three weeks of waiting I contacted the vendor. She said she'd misplaced my order and would mail it that very day. After another week and a half I finally received the item. She mailed it five days after she promised to "get it in the mail" that same day.
    I like giving small businesses a chance but I won't order from anyone on Etsy again. I also realize I need to save sales receipts for a while!
    Do you stick to larger retail shops? Have you ordered from Etsy and had good or bad luck?
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Re: Etsy woes

Wow. Sorry you had bad luck...I've been very happy with my Etsy purchases. I got a shirt with a hole near the placket from eBay this fall. I was able to mend it with interfacing but I wasn't happy about that.

If you go to Etsy, at the top right next to the "Cart" there is a button called "You" and if you click that, you see your old purchases and where they were from. My online records go back to 2014. Does that work for you?

Comment

I love Etsy and have had wonderful service. I'm sorry your experience was negative.

I'm not sure a seller can help you after a year. But if you want to figure out where you got your fabric, all of your transactions are saved under your profile on Etsy. Just sign in and click on the "you" button, scroll to "purchases and reviews." The images are listed as well as the item title so finding the fabric should be a breeze.

Comment

I order things from Etsy all the time. I usually check out the vendors and their reviews for a particular item or ask others for recommendations. I have favorite vendors for purse hardware and some for fabrics and I've never had any problems.

Comment

I've ordered from Warm Kitty Fabrics etsy shop a few times. It was yardage and it shipped quick. She has very good reviews.

That must be very frustrating about the FQ bundle.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I order from Zipit fairly often and had very good service.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've been very happy with all my orders thru Etsy, well actually there was one where I could have sworn I had ordered a FQ bundle but received a F8 bundle. But when I went back to my original email order confirmation it did say F8 (but I could still swear the ad was for a FQ). But that's my bad, I should have checked the order confirmation closer and cancelled the order immediately, but I still found a use for the bundle anyway and the price was still reasonable for what I received.

Comment

I've been happy with Etsy also. No issues here.

Comment

Another lesson learned, I think! I will now be checking my FQ bundles when I receive them.

Four or five years ago, I purchased a quilt kit from a LQS. I guess I wanted to 'pet' the material right away, and it was a good thing. As I went through the kit, I found it missing a great deal of the fabrics, but with a much larger than needed amount of one of the materials. I called the store, and they asked me to bring back the package and they would make me a new kit. Now, this store was about to close a week after I bought the kit - so it was very fortunate for me that I chose to examine it.
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Oh, I am so sorry this happened to you! As an Etsy seller, I always try to cut a little bit larger, or even give the rest of the bolt if I have too little to worry about measuring or trying to sell. I wonder if you got an invoice that you can check? Or check your email? Did you communicate with the Seller before you purchased, and maybe have a copy of the communication in Etsy or email? I do hope you give Etsy another try...perhaps move to a different vendor, but don't give up on Etsy just yet.
                    Barbara
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. There are three older charm packs that I'd like to have and can only find them on Etsy so I will try again. I hadn't thought to look in my account to see where I'd order from. I'll do that so I won't order from them again.
                      :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carolnnc View Post
                        Thanks for all the feedback. There are three older charm packs that I'd like to have and can only find them on Etsy so I will try again. I hadn't thought to look in my account to see where I'd order from. I'll do that so I won't order from them again.
                        Please also contact that seller and let them know of your discovery. I am hoping (don't roll your eyes, please) that they will be willing and/or able to make this right for you - I know I would.
                        Barbara
                        http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

I have been an Etsy seller and I wouldn't mind if you contacted me. It could be she really didn't know the correct size.
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've had great experiences with etsy I'm with Barbara; as a seller, I would always err on the side of giving a larger cut if I were selling fabric

Comment

I'm glad you're going to give Etsy another chance. I order the majority of my fabric from Etsy...from lots of shops, and I've never had an issue beyond one seller taking a day longer to ship than expected. I hope the original seller will make it right for you.
                              Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                              Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Working...
                              X