Great Destin Vacation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Destin Vacation!

We were fortunate enough to be able to spend last week in Destin for vacation. Had a great time with beautiful weather and awesome views. Our biggest decisions this past week were.......what to thaw out for supper & where to eat lunch! There is something therapeutic about sitting and watching the waves roll in. MY DH worked so hard this past year and I'm so thankful we could make this trip again.

We visited to little town of Seaside one afternoon. It's the town that a lot of The Truman Show movie was filmed. It's a pretty area.

I did visit the fabric store I mentioned a few weeks ago but left empty handed. The fabrics were very pretty & nice quality but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $11.49 a yard when I had no particular project in mind. I hope you'll wont' revoke my "quilter's card" because I didn't buy anything.

I tried my hand at big stitch quilting several evenings while we were there.....that was pretty comical. I'll post a picture of the little bit I did later today....if I've done enough for a picture. I think I will enjoy it once I get coordinated enough where I not wrestling with the thimble.

Here's a few pictures of our views.........yes, the sunset was really that colorful.

P1012780.jpg P1012784.jpg

P1012800.jpg P1012821.jpg

P1012823.jpg P1012848.jpg

P1012827.jpg P1012857.jpg
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Great Destin Vacation!

Beautiful pictures, Pam. Glad you both had such a restful time.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

My nephew just got to Destin to house sit for a month. Lucky kid!

Comment

I just watched The Truman Show for the first time. I had no idea that was a real town; I thought it was just stage sets. So interesting.

Looks like you had a marvelous vacation. It looks wonderful.
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Toni, we watched the Truman show again last night. It's a really pretty area.

Kim......that house sitting job sounds pretty rough.....not.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

Wonderful pictures, Pam! My dad used to have a place in Destin; it's still my sister's favorite spot on the planet. Glad you were able to get away.

Comment

Not even a fat quarter? OH NO! That's way too much self control.

Destin is such a beautiful place - It is known as the Emerald Coast because the water truly looks Emerald Green when you go out just a short distance. I would love to visit Seaside someday. It is really a very interesting development, designed to withstand the elements and it has through a couple of major storms.

Glad you had a great time!
              Donna

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                Not even a fat quarter? OH NO! That's way too much self control.

Destin is such a beautiful place - It is known as the Emerald Coast because the water truly looks Emerald Green when you go out just a short distance. I would love to visit Seaside someday. It is really a very interesting development, designed to withstand the elements and it has through a couple of major storms.

Glad you had a great time!
                Donna.........I know....I know......not even an FQ. Guess you could say I put that money towards fried shrimp and shrimp tacos! I should be ashamed. But now I'm glad I didn't buy fabric that pricey. We found out today that we have to have part of our field lines for our septic system replaced......whoopee.........what fun.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Comment

Your pictures brought back some memories...many years ago my DH and I went to Destin to go camping. After a night out which as I recall included some vacation drinking (that is we got a little more tipsy than usual) we headed back to the campsite, so tired and ready to crash by then, only to discover we had pitched our tent on a bunch of fire ants, and they were everywhere! So we had to drag our assess back to town and get a motel for the night! But Destin is a beautiful place and the beaches are just awesome!

Comment

So glad you had a great get away. I would love to go back to Destin. So sorry about the septic system.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Those are some gorgeous pictures!! Where is this place?!? Destin??

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
                        Those are some gorgeous pictures!! Where is this place?!? Destin??
                        It's in northwestern Florida, near Pensacola.

Comment

Beautiful photos - glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing!
                          ***Kathy***

Comment

Very nice pictures. We'll be visiting that area this spring. Can you share the names of your favorite restaurants and the quilt shop?

Comment

Originally posted by lots2do View Post
                              Very nice pictures. We'll be visiting that area this spring. Can you share the names of your favorite restaurants and the quilt shop?
                              Thank you. Our favorite place to eat and enjoy the view is Surf Hut. They have awesome fish or shrimp tacos! They also have a crab/shrimp dip that is very good. The restaurant sits on the beach so the view is great. Another place that has great fried shrimp is Crab Trap. We ate brick oven baked pizza at Fat Clemenza's.

The name of the fabric store is The Sewing Corner. It was pricey but the fabrics are so pretty. Here's the link.

Surf Hut and Crab Trap are on Scenic Hwy 98. The Sewing Corner & the pizza place or just off Emerald Coast Pkwy. They are all within a few miles of each other.

http://www.thesewingcorner.com/about...ner-destin.php

http://www.surfhutdestin.com/

http://www.crabtrapdestin.com/destin

http://fatclemenzas.com/hours-directions/
                              Last edited by pcbatiks; October 22, 2016, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X