It's Monday hellos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday hellos

Good morning friends. Not a very productive weekend here. I did make it to the quilt store on Friday. I got the fabric to make MIL's quilt, bought fabric for another quilt I saw in a magazine, bought butterfly fabric to maybe make Maizyn a dress or two. THEN went to Fabricland and bought fleece ($6 a metre) to make a mermaid tail blanket.

Today I am traveling to Kingston because Nancy has invited me to attend a workshop she organized for tomorrow with Laura Coia from Sew Very Easy. We will be making a bag. I am so excited. I think we might have fun..........We met Laura at the quilt show in Toronto this past June. A very nice lady.

As well, yesterday, I picked up some shirts from a friend, for whom I will be making a memory quilt (lap size). She also included one tie, his wedding tie and his favorite. Now I have to decide what to do with it. I was thinking of printing a wedding picture (I stole a bunch of pictures from her facebook page) and framing it with this tie. What do you think? She has been having a hard time since his passing and I am hoping that this quilt brings her some comfort. When I get back on Wednesday, I shall be asking you all for some advice on the making of this quilt.

So I have lots to do today. I will be making the last of the salsa this morning and then packing for my little trip tonight.

Have a great and awesome day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Monday hellos

Monique, you must be doing some large happy dance over a workshop with Laura.

I'm off to T.O. today for the last of the shockwave treatments on my knee (thank goodness). Have no idea where I go from here, so I will have questions for him.

I bought some practice lycra on Friday after running into some issues in constructing my armband. Have been busy and haven't started playing with that yet. That's about it for me.

Have a good day.

Comment

Monique, you and I were writing a Monday greeting at the same time! So glad you and Nan are getting together and the workshop sounds like fun! Tell Nan hello from me and I am so sorry our plans to get together last week didn't work out!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
        Monique, you and I were writing a Monday greeting at the same time! So glad you and Nan are getting together and the workshop sounds like fun! Tell Nan hello from me and I am so sorry our plans to get together last week didn't work out!
        I will Jean. Let us know when you are back in these neck of the woods.

Comment

Morning all. Totally boring weekend for me. The rain is really bothering my knees so really did not do a whole lot other than read news and surf. Today I'm learning some new software that's pretty complex and then I get to spend an hour or so shopping for a girl who is leaving our office. She's been on contract with us for the past 3 years and we tried so hard to keep her but could not hire her over full time staff sadly. But she managed to get full time work in another office so we sadly have to let her go. I will miss her so much!

Liam has been in a lot of trouble this past week...well a lot for him. So I have had to do a lot of talking with his father about how to deal with him and I'm happy to report that I'm managing okay with it. He is still seeing the woman he hooked up with...surprised she's not living with him by now to be honest. That still hurts but not as much as it did. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that I will be single for the rest of my life. There are no men in my age bracket interested in dating someone who is overweight with health issues...so I'm trying to get on with that idea.

Sorry...didn't mean to blather on there. Having a blah day today. Sending love and hugs to those in need! xoxox

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
            Morning all. Totally boring weekend for me. The rain is really bothering my knees so really did not do a whole lot other than read news and surf. Today I'm learning some new software that's pretty complex and then I get to spend an hour or so shopping for a girl who is leaving our office. She's been on contract with us for the past 3 years and we tried so hard to keep her but could not hire her over full time staff sadly. But she managed to get full time work in another office so we sadly have to let her go. I will miss her so much!

Liam has been in a lot of trouble this past week...well a lot for him. So I have had to do a lot of talking with his father about how to deal with him and I'm happy to report that I'm managing okay with it. He is still seeing the woman he hooked up with...surprised she's not living with him by now to be honest. That still hurts but not as much as it did. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that I will be single for the rest of my life. There are no men in my age bracket interested in dating someone who is overweight with health issues...so I'm trying to get on with that idea.

Sorry...didn't mean to blather on there. Having a blah day today. Sending love and hugs to those in need! xoxox
            Wendy don't sell yourself short!! Someone will come along when you least expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
              Wendy don't sell yourself short!! Someone will come along when you least expect it.
              I agree 100%

It's when you stop thinking another will make you whole and happy, and realize that you are Happy & Whole even without a partner, that when the others will see you as such. And that's when someone who is worthy of you will truly see you for who you are, and they will respect, admire, and love you unconditionally.

And YOU are worth that kind of love always!

Comment

Busy weekend for me. DD went to Chicago with her new BF and I had the 3 grands. Friday we took them to a drive thru park and saw elk and buffalo, then to dinner and a movie. Saturday took the littles bowling (they bowl on a league), drove around for them to pokemon hunt, then the oldest had a sleepover B'day party at a hotel with an indoor pool. Her friends mom took them downtown, and they did a poke stop trolley ride. She had a blast. My youngest GD and I made home made potato soup for dinner. Sunday, hung out at home until time to pick up oldest GD, then went to the Wild Bird Sanctuary, and back to Lone Elk Park. Picked up Chinese food for dinner, chilled a bit then took them home to get ready for bed. Oldest stayed up to wait for her mom. (they missed her). Got home at midnight and slept in today. Now to rest for a couple of days and try to get some quilting done.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

If there is one thing I learned since my divorce its to love myself. Because no one else will until I love myself first. I also learned to be myself and to believe in myself. I've noticed that thing have started to fall into place once I allowed myself to do so. Oh, Meghan Trainer has this really adorable song on her new CD Thank You called "I Love Me" do check it out. Matter of fact if you're really feeling crappy about yourself that would be the CD to listen to.

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Where to begin? Okay, my weekend is a little weird schedule wise. I work Sunday through Thursday. Thursday night was quiet. Friday was my lazy day. That's until those Friday night lights come on and I am out on the field with my daughter. Took some amazing photos as usual, however, I can not get them to load on the forum because they are too large. It's completely understandable. I did finish a quilt at the football game. Stadium lighting is awesome for hand binding a quilt. Saturday, typical stuff...cleaning, homework and grocery shopping. Oh, and making teenage daughter drive more. She needs the practice. Badly...lol. Hope y'all had a good weekend. <3 with warm hugs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                      Busy weekend for me. DD went to Chicago with her new BF and I had the 3 grands. Friday we took them to a drive thru park and saw elk and buffalo, then to dinner and a movie. Saturday took the littles bowling (they bowl on a league), drove around for them to pokemon hunt, then the oldest had a sleepover B'day party at a hotel with an indoor pool. Her friends mom took them downtown, and they did a poke stop trolley ride. She had a blast. My youngest GD and I made home made potato soup for dinner. Sunday, hung out at home until time to pick up oldest GD, then went to the Wild Bird Sanctuary, and back to Lone Elk Park. Picked up Chinese food for dinner, chilled a bit then took them home to get ready for bed. Oldest stayed up to wait for her mom. (they missed her). Got home at midnight and slept in today. Now to rest for a couple of days and try to get some quilting done.
                      Sounded like a fun but busy weekend!

Comment

Working...
                      X