Have the Night owls flown the coop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the Night owls flown the coop?

I was just wondering where all the Night Owls have been lately? I haven't seen a post in the recent past.I hope all is well with everyone.My dh and I went out to dinner last night for our 32nd anniversary,I can't believe it's been that long already.We went to Legal Seafoods it was expensive for us for a dinner ,but my dd had given us a $100 gift card.Other than that there isn't much new.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Re: Have the Night owls flown the coop?

Hi Joan and congratulations on your anniversary! It sounds like you had a good dinner out.

Normally I'm not a night owl but tonight I can't sleep.

I'm working on two quilts but set them aside for a few days because we had a real busy weekend. Today we put a new sink and faucet in our kitchen after being without a sink for a week. Of course the new sink didn't fit the hole from the old one and we had to make a real mess sawing. It will take me two days to clean up the mess.

I'm heading back to bed to try to fall asleep. I have to get up at 5 and have our dogs at the groomer no later than 6am.

Have a good evening......Hootie Hoot!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Joan, Sorry I haven't been much of an night owl lately - have been falling asleep around 11 and pretty much sleeping the night away. Looks kind of scaring outside right now with the full moon, who knows if a crazy clown is roaming around as there have been a few sightings in the area. Never did like clowns, except Bozo, all the rest always gave me a chill.

Glad you and your DH had a nice dinner to celebrate your anniversary. Love Legal Seafood, wish they had some around here.
      Last edited by MayinJerset; October 16, 2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

We have been trying to catch up on so many things, I haven't been night owling as much.

We have been on severe weather alert around here. The nice thing about that, was I got a bunch of stuff taken care of. It was a lot easier to get hubby to do a few things like clean out the gutters, pick up loose stuff that got left laying about during summer, and putting away the yard swing.
        Blessedly, the storm wasn't as severe as it looked on long range radar. It had two lows snugged up together and they split, reducing the severity of the winds. Not that there wasn't damage, but not anywhere near what it could have been. Thankfully, we are not having to dig out from under storm debris.
        I bred our first dairy goat of the season. We ought to have babies about the 15th of March. Woo Hoo!
        I'm working on binding a lap quilt tonight. I've finished two sides and have just rounded the third corner. It's time to change the thread and carry on.
        I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
        Hugs, Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Today we went to see "The Book of Mormon" in the fancy new university theater building that got built because the old one flooded out years ago. We had seats way up at the top and it was too warm up there for DH and I, plus it wasn't as funny as I had hoped. I really like a couple of the South Park guys' movies but this was not as good, IMO. We had been there an hour and a half and it was only half done. DH was allergic to all the perfumes people wore. So at the intermission we went home. It was too hot, too loud and not funny enough. Maybe I'll like it better as a movie, assuming it comes out as one eventually.

I haven't done any cross stitch work lately but have been continuing the big stitch bed quilting.

Happy anniversary, Joan

Comment

Congratulations, Joan! I'm ahead of you a couple of years - today is our 37th anniversary.

We decided to stay in Chicago rather than driving into a hurricane in NC. We would have to drive on I-40 and from what I understand it was flooded ... so we may not have even gotten home.

I've also been going to bed either very early or very, VERY late. Like now, it's 3:30 am and I'm just getting home. So glad to see a night owl thread ... I've missed it, too!

Hooting out to y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
              Congratulations, Joan! I'm ahead of you a couple of years - today is our 37th anniversary.

We decided to stay in Chicago rather than driving into a hurricane in NC. We would have to drive on I-40 and from what I understand it was flooded ... so we may not have even gotten home.

I've also been going to bed either very early or very, VERY late. Like now, it's 3:30 am and I'm just getting home. So glad to see a night owl thread ... I've missed it, too!

Hooting out to y'all.
              Happy Anniversary to the two of you.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
              X