Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Saturday!!

SATURDAY.jpg
    Lovely Fall day so let's get going and enjoy it by doing something FUN! Leave all those chores behind and get out there. We'll be test driving a car and afterwards we will stop for a nice relaxing lunch. What's on tap for you today?

Re: It's Saturday!!

Sewing! I've been under the weather, and I'm having quilting withdrawal symptoms. Great day, everyone.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

I have wrapped the quilt for my nieces baby shower today and made three burp cloths and wrapped them. All wrapped in tissue paper and thrown into a gift bag. Have the shower this afternoon. Need to pack for the family lake house we are headed to afterwards. Need to mow, do I guess I should get a move on!!!
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Good morning. I have already been out and about. Now it's laundry time. I was able to get out yesterday and get fabric for my MIL's quilt. I brought one, already made with the pattern I will use, and it fit on her bed perfectly. Now to get busy cutting.

Have a great day everyone.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning,
          Almost afternoon here. Getting ready for our trip to Ill. Will leave bright and early tomorrow am. Looking forward to some cooler weather and maybe some fall color. Everyone have a great weekend. Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning all!

It's not yet 9am here. We're headed north to JoAnn's to buy some more paw print flannel for the backs of the dog quilts that I'm making. Then I'll be sewing *yay* for most of the day. Hope all of you have a fantastic Saturday!

Jeannette

Comment

It's a very bright and sunny Saturday here.

I have already been to the gym and done 2 loads of laundry. Going to continue working my way through the manual and threading chart for my new serger. Hopefully, I can sew my lycra armband soon.

Need to get started on the two Tardis quilts that I need to have ready for Christmas. It's all straight lines and big pieces, so they won't take too long to put together. That's about as much quilting of anything I will likely get done before years end.

Have a great weekend peeps.

Comment

Kind of hunkering down around here for the next few days. We have had a bunch of rain and some gusty winds, but thankfully nothing like they have warned of us about. We aren't clear yet, as they are predicting the highest winds to roll in this afternoon.

I have finally slogged through the PTA stuff that was backed logged while we did the State Fair. Now that I have my dining table back from the invasion of the Box Tops I can work on some more quilting. (My sewing room space can't quite handle the actual quilting process and properly support the quilt.) I have one quilt to bind and a few more that need quilting. If I can at least get the binding attached, then if the power does go out, I have something to work on.

I hope you all have a great day!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

We went for a wonderful bike ride this morning. Trying to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather while it lasts. Hopefully I will get in some quilting time this afternoon.

Comment

It's Saturday evening here and I've had a lovely day. Went to the LQS for thread and picked up some autumn fabric which has a gorgeous print on so cut out 5" squares from my stash and 10" squares of the print to make a simple quilt top. Had to stop due to backache but may be able to return to it later.
                    Hope you all on the West Coast as safe and well.

Comment

Hello Everyone!! Wonderful Saturday it is. At 1:29 am this morning I was blessed with a 6# 15 oz., 19 in. long Grandson, His name is: Josh Hunter. My Daughter was in labor for 29 hours. Longest labor I've ever heard of. But anyhow, both Mom and little one are doing great. Can't wait to spoil them. Got to make a bumper pad for her cradle. Have a great day everyone. Trying to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Comment

Welcome Kosh, glad you and Mom are doing fine.

Comment

Hi Everyone.....Better late than never I guess.

We had a long tiring day of work in Cuba. Two of our four vacancies are now rented to what I think will be good tenants. I scrubbed more than my share of floors today, too. Jeff sent me to the hardware store twice and Cuba was having some Fall Festival activities and there wasn't a place to park in the whole town. I had to park more than 2 blocks away and walk to get to the store plus I had to cross the road while a parade was going on.

Tomorrow I hope to have some sewing time and I hope to have one of the Christmas quilts ready to go to Reggie by Wednesday.

It sounds like everyone was busy enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

My sons moved into their new place today so we were busy with the movers packing up the truck at 90, then taking the 1 1/2 hour trip to meet them on the other end. They are happily moving things around and unpacking some bins and boxes. My sis and I will spend the night, then head on home tomorrow. Almost done with this process. Our close on the Brooklyn house is set for Thursday. Hoping and praying that all goes well with that.

The leaves are changing nicely and it was a beautiful ride up...once we got out of the city anyway.

Sleep well everyone. I know I will. It's been, a long, a little stressful, very exciting and happy day.
                            Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I spent the lovely fall day taking a scenic train ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railway. The colors are absolutely gorgeous! Unfortunately, my cell phone battery pooped out at the beginning of the ride, so it is all just a memory in my brain, no pictures to share!

The grandkids and I are working on creating mummy pillows from Rob Appell's Man Sewing tutorial. I will share the pictures once we get them put together!

Hope you all had a great day!

Comment

Working...
                              X