A question for any gardening experts out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for any gardening experts out there

I am propagating hydrangeas and they should be ready to plant outside. NOW, the big question: Can I do it now? Will the frost hurt them? Or should I just keep them in the house for the winter.

HELP!!!!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: A question for any gardening experts out there

You are in Quebec? I think I would wait until the Spring. Here in Victoria, I would put them out now but back there it could get too cold much sooner. The little plants probably have softer stems (not woody ones yet) and are much more susceptible to frost. Good luck with them. I love hydrangeas!

Comment

Sorry, I've never grown hydrangeas. Did you try googling how to do it? That's always my go-to source.

Comment

If I were a newly propagated hydrangea and you put me out in the frost, I think I would turn my toes up and expire. Let me stay under cover till the frost has gone.

Comment

I am in North Carolina and they are truly hardy here but then this is not Canada. I think I would wait. Then after spring and summer they will be ready to beon their own
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Comment

Definitely wait until spring.

Comment

I'd wait till spring too. I think I'd want them to have a stronger root system up there :-)
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Spring it is then. If they don't winter well, I know where to get more.

Comment

I'm not so sure about the spring. I have read several sites to do it in early fall.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orna...ropagation.htm

I would research it a little more.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                    X