It's a rainy Thursday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a rainy Thursday morning

A yucky day. WELL, our MSQC retreat north has had to be cancelled. Jean's daughter's house got flooded and she couldn't leave her with that mess, and poor Vicky wasn't feeling 100% herself, so it has been postponed until another time. So that's it in a nutshell. Some things we just don't have any control over. I shall pray that Jean and her daughter get things cleaned up and that Vicky is back to being 100%.

So instead I am working today. After work, if I am feeling up to it, I need to go shopping for fabric and food. I want to go looking for fabric for my MIL's quilt.

Pain in the --- is getting better I think. I still had trouble getting comfortable in bed last night but it is not as bad as it was the other day. I hope it goes away soon.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's a rainy Thursday morning

Good Morning,

So sorry to hear about Jean's DDs house flooding and having to reschedule your get-together.

Monique, did you try any of the gentle stretches on YouTube for your pain?

My back is hurting today but I carried a 5-gallon can of paint up a flight of stairs in Cuba last night. We didn't get home until 9:30.

I have an 8 am appointment today so I need to get off here and get myself ready to go.

Wishing everyone a good day.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am bummed about our retreat being cancelled but maybe its for the best. I am dealing with sinuses, Monique is dealing with back pain and Jean is dealing with flooding issues. Rain is on it's way and my sinuses are telling me they aren't happy. Maybe hot tea and petting fabrics will lighten my mood. So, today was a good day to start a new quilt. There is something exciting about playing with pretty fabrics.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

Morning all! Good wishes and well thoughts!

Today is the set-up for the quilt show the guild I belong to is hosting! I would much rather be there than at work. It still burns my butt that my vacation request for today and tomorrow was not approved by my boss!

And, the quilt I was going to submit for the quilt show (to judge) had a mis-hap and I had to frantically get another creation done! 2 AM this morning is when the last stitches were done.....Now, when I offered my submission this morning, I had to explain why my submission does not match my registration. I hope it doesn't count against me?
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Having a late start this morning, on 2nd cup of coffee and that should perk me up.

Too bad the gals had to cancel their retreat, hope you get a new one planned ASAP. I miss going on retreats, was down to one each Sept. but last year the gal who hosted them moved too far away. I tried to spend time at home sewing while it was going on this year but too many interrupts to get much accomplished. Missed the companionship of other friends too, and the bowls of goodies to snack on while I sewed.

Comment

What a bummer that your northern retreat had to be cancelled. One must believe that there was a reason that all of this unfolded at the same time. I believe everything happens for a reason, even if we don't understand it.
            Prayers for Jeans DD's flooding issues, Monique's sciatica, and Vicki's sinus issues.
            I had to be up before the sun again to get to DD's to get the grands up and to school. That is never a good thing for me. I have never been a morning person. I will go back to bed for a bit, and figure out what the rest of the day will bring then.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear the retreat was cancelled...but maybe I will be able to make the next one! Sad to hear the reasons why it was cancelled also...hoping all gets better soon for everyone!

Rough night for Liam last night...got caught lying to me and his teachers about homework...he's in SO MUCH trouble! I was furious. I detest lying! So he's banned from his xbox until xmas holidays and the rest of his tech is going to be highly restricted. I hate having to punish him because I believe in positive reinforcement over negative consequences but he's 14 now and it's time for the hard lessons. He's a great kid but this has happened EVERY single year since Sr. Kindergarten so I'm not really surprised. Now he will pull up his bootstraps and do well the remainder of the year.

Nothing else new...work is getting busy so that's a good thing. Have a great day everyone! xox

Comment

It's after lunch. I had a busy morning. Had my annual eye exam appt. This year the dr. dilated my eyes due to my Type 2 Diabetes, so my vision still is a bit fuzzy. All is ok. I have early stage cataracts, but probably won't need surgery for 2-3 yrs. yet. My Rx didn't change, so I don't need new glasses. It stayed the same last year, too.

We had clouds & misty rain yest. It was only 50 deg. Sunny today & 82 deg. The tree colors around town are so pretty now. I think this is one of the nicest falls we've ever had. My purple clematis out front still has some blooms on it! It bloomed heavily in June. I never remember seeing blooms on it this late in the season. Amazing!

I keep working away on the blocks for the Prairie Flower quilt. I have 6 done now. Well, it's time to drag out the hoses & set out the sprinkler.

Comment

Working...
                X