Life, hitting PAUSE on quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life, hitting PAUSE on quilting

It's a gorgeous crispy sunny day today in Eastern Ontario, and the fall leaves are spectacular. This is by far my favorite season. I don't care for heat, mostly humid summers, or cold freezing winter that we get, except it usually provides me with the opportunity to stay indoors and quilt. Yeah, bonus!

My DH and I had a great week in Prince Edward Island, except for the cold wet weather. We accomplished our mission of eating chowders and seafood every day, and finding 28 of the 35+ lighthouses. When we came home, we have been busy as heck. My step-son was voluntold to move out. At 30, he needs to stand on his own. Because he has physical and mental challenges, we are making the transition easier. DH bought a 1 bedroom condo, which we are fixing up for him. It should be easy for him to maintain and live without too much difficulty. This has pre-occupied me as I am usually the organizer - purchasing appliances, organizing trades to do work that my husband cannot do (he is in his 70s). This is time to do while I have energy (I'm 60).

On a more joyous note, my daughter is expecting another baby in March. With the other step-son, we will now have 5 grandkids under the age of 4 in March. I need my energy for this, and to get those 8 tops that I made last winter quilted. My mom (93) is overjoyed. I told her that she has to stay healthy as I am too busy right now.

I have high hopes to get to my sewing room (2, when step-son moves out). S
    OON, and then it will be Christmas.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Re: Life, hitting PAUSE on quilting

Best of luck Suzanne and congratulations on the new grandbaby!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Suzanne OrleansOntario

I understand your issue with your step son. I have the same situation with my Son (except for the challenges). I have had to ask my son to move again as well. Back in the early 2000 he was asked to move out because of Drinking issues over work. Then he got married and had a child (our 3rd grandson) and then 2 years ago this coming December he and his wife had some issues which resulted in her getting locked up and know they are divorced. Well when this first started he moved back in and stayed for about a month and then moved out with a friend that liked to drink and party, so yes there went his money. Then he moved back in in November and stayed until about a month or so ago and I asked him to move because of trust issues (also my daughter and her two children live with me as well). Long story short I am now getting my sewing room finally and getting everything out of my living room. Boy am I finding out I have been collecting (not hording) for a long long time.

Any way I guess what I wanted to say was good luck with your step son and congratulations on the new grand baby coming. Hang onto your hopes for the sewing room.

Comment

Good for you! I bet your step-son will enjoy his newfound independence when he has it. I am the same as you. I adore fall...my all time fav. time of year...until the leaves are gone and I know snow is coming...then not so much! Congrats as well on the new grandchild!

Comment

Working...
        X