Thank You Letter From Grandson Jack and his parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Letter From Grandson Jack and his parents

I apologize that this a little long, but Jack and his parents want me to share it with you:

Here we are at the three-quarter point on this cancer journey, and the one word we keep returning to is Gratitude. In the midst of such a difficult season of life, with the shock and fear behind us, we find ourselves now deeply thankful for so many things.

We are humbled and so very grateful to our God for the support of so many caring and thoughtful people, the closeness of family, our friends, the wisdom of doctors, the skill of nurses, the consideration of teachers, uplifting coaches and teammates, and the prayers of dozens we’ve never met.

Abundant meals, gift cards, listening ears, handmade quilts, delivering newspapers, helpful advice, financial contributions, encouraging stories of past success and healing, care packages with Jack’s favorite things (Pringles, Gatorade, and Charleston Chews), even simply sitting with Jack during chemo weeks so we can try to catch up on missed work or grab a cup of coffee or run home for a shower.

Jobs that afford us flexibility and work friends willing to pick up our slack. Innumerable cards, e-mails, hugs, phone calls, visits, and especially patience and understanding for those times when we just don’t want to talk about cancer anymore.

Minimal and low grade side effects for Jack, limited nausea, and being able to avoid illness when blood numbers are low. Mercy to be able to carry on life as normal for the other boys during their busy schoolwork and football seasons. Even one opportunity to share our story and gratitude on the local news!

After Jack’s midpoint CT and PET scans, all signs indicate the treatment is working, the cancer is shrinking and becoming less active, his spleen is clearing up, and progress is being made. We remain on schedule for Jack’s 4th & final round the last week in October. Then he will re-scan in November, and (most likely) initiate radiation treatments after that to push him across the goal line. We’re optimistic that the end of November will bring a diagnosis of full remission.

Now with the end in sight, we hope to be able to reach out to as many people as possible to say “thank you” for all the love and support you’ve given us.

With deepest gratitude,

Anthony, Stacey, and Jack

Re: Thank You Letter From Grandson Jack and his parents

Just a big "Amen" to that.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Hang in there, guys. God is still watching out for you all. Continuing prayers going to you.

Gina

Comment

Good to see this update on Jack and his family. pray the good news continues.

Comment

Thanks for the update... Tears of joy, here! Continuing to pray.

Comment

I'm reading this through tears - what a Good God we have!

I pray for that wonderful news in November that they are anticipating.
            Donna

Comment

Thanks for this fantastic news!! Prayers for continuing progress going up for Jack and prayers for strength for his dear family.

Comment

So happy to hear the treatments are working for Jack! Wonderful news!
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Thank you so much for this update. Such wonderful news! I have had Jack and your family in my prayers and will continue to pray for all of you and hope & pray for the very best outcome!

Comment

Such a good report! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Very glad to hear Jack's treatment are working and you have a good support group around you during these trying times.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

God is so wonderful! Wonderful news.
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                        X