Midnight Night Owls, hoot! @,@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight Night Owls, hoot! @,@

Hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot! Yes I am a caffeinated night owl! I baked up a batch of brownies and will be finishing off the last Santa soon. Now I'm debating adding borders or text.

I'm still having fun doing big stitch quilting on the quilt on my bed.

How are yooooou?

Re: Midnight Night Owls, hoot! @,@

Doing well here in my little nest. I just finished a baby quilt top, really cute. I've got some embroidering to do tomorrow so I've got to get my threads picked out for that so I can start tomorrow easier.

Our church had their 2nd load of pumpkins delivered yesterday and it's a good thing, because it seemed everyone was in our pumpkin patch buying pumpkins! I don't understand this. It's too early to be buying pumpkins and it's too hot to be in the fall/Halloween mood. But they come in droves to play in the patch and take photos and buy pumpkins. Crazy people. Don't they know those pumpkins will be rotting by next week?

But it's a lovely patch and lots of fun to watch the families have fun together. They bring tiny babies and lay them among the pumpkins. They dress up their dogs. Grandmas and grandpas come and the kids run about. It's really nice to see people come and do something that's simple and not electrified and online. I love volunteering and working shifts here just to see everyone.

Comment

I ran across some of the old Aunt Martha's baby embroidery blocks (bears) that never got started. Had some floss handy so I've started it. Rather than working one block at a time I usually do everything that is done in the same color. So far I have 6 bows done an now starting on the yellow flowers.

Since I'm in Chicago I'm rooting for the Cubs to win their baseball games. Unfortunately they lost the game tonight. They have to win one out of the next two games to advance. Hope they do it ... so they can get to the World Series.

In Wisconsin I saw a really big pumpkin patch. They even had a pumpkin cannon set up so people could launch pumpkins at an old car they had sitting in a 4 acre area. Saw many youngsters on the wagon getting a hay ride. Yep - Fall is in the air! And soon afterward winter and Santa's.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
        I ran across some of the old Aunt Martha's baby embroidery blocks (bears) that never got started. Had some floss handy so I've started it. Rather than working one block at a time I usually do everything that is done in the same color. So far I have 6 bows done an now starting on the yellow flowers.

Since I'm in Chicago I'm rooting for the Cubs to win their baseball games. Unfortunately they lost the game tonight. They have to win one out of the next two games to advance. Hope they do it ... so they can get to the World Series.

In Wisconsin I saw a really big pumpkin patch. They even had a pumpkin cannon set up so people could launch pumpkins at an old car they had sitting in a 4 acre area. Saw many youngsters on the wagon getting a hay ride. Yep - Fall is in the air! And soon afterward winter and Santa's.
        One of the ladies in my group has some Aunt Martha's blocks she's working on. They are so cute. I've never heard of her patterns before. They remind me of old coloring books I had. I love the designs.

Hope the Cubs win those games, I know everyone is crossing their fingers just to see them advance and make it to the World Series.

Wow, that is a big pumpkin patch! It would be so much fun to have a launcher! We don't have that much space, but wouldn't it be cool to see a pumpkin splat on a wall or pavement? lol
        Last edited by snippet; October 11, 2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          It would be so much fun to have a launcher! We don't have that much space, but wouldn't it be cool to see a pumpkin splat on a wall or pavement? lol
          I could see that the car was really dented, especially the side facing the launcher. Fun that the adults can have firing the launcher and even more fun when the kiddo's see the splat!

Comment

Working...
          X