Monday of a long weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday of a long weekend

It is so quiet this morning. Today is still a holiday in Canada. Many families still celebrating Thanksgiving.

We had our Thanksgiving lunch yesterday, as Phil and Maizyn were returning home. Les arrived just before lunch so Maizyn got to see Papa before she left. She also took home the butterfly quilt I made her. She loves it. Phil also got in 2 visits with his grandmother. She did know who he was and she asked about Jodi and Maizyn too. That's a good sign. On his second visit yesterday, he had Maizyn with him. Les has to work today and I have a friend stopping by for a visit later. I will do a little cleaning today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Monday of a long weekend

Hi Monique and Everyone,

It's a crisp Fall morning. Jeff is off work for Columbus Day and he's sitting on the porch in his rocker drinking a pot of coffee. Olive is on his lap napping.

I made Gerri's Crockpot Lasagna yesterday for dinner and it was delicious as usual. I only had 6 lasagna noodles so I made it in two layers and we loved it. It cooked in a little over 2 hours on low. I will make it this way from now on.

We took our dishwasher apart yesterday and fixed it...yay! So happy we don't have to buy a new one.

Still sewing on the Present Quilt blocks. I have enough for one quilt done and most of the blocks for the second one for my DD.

Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Bubby; October 10, 2016, 05:52 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning Monique, Bubby, and all who come later,
      I finally, finished the boys costumes for the catechism party. One is ST Patrick the other St. Francis. Sure could have used Jean's help with them. Especially when I cut the hole for his head TOOOOOOOOO big. I fixed it but........oh how I fixed it. Will see what their momma has to say about them.
      It is cool here this am too. The walkers have light jackets on this morning. Still haven't heard from SIL in Wilmington. Hope her and her family are ok.
      Going to go find more coffee.
      Hugs and prayers for those who need them. Happy BD to those who celebrate today. To our Canadian friends who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday have a nice day to recoup. Do you have a crazy shopping day after your Thanksgiving like we do here.
      Blessings Kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning! Fall is in the air! We've had a number of gorgeous fall days during the last week! Not much fall color here just yet, but as we get cooler nights, the colors will start! Yesterday, our town had its annual Fall Festival. They close down the streets near city hall, and vendors and crafters and food trucks line the street. The local Catholic Church has it's Octoberfest. The one issue is that you have to park very far from the activities. It is really close enough that I could have walked from my home, but I drove part way and walked the last 6 blocks to get to the festival! Since I've spent so much time in the sewing room lately, my legs aren't used to that much walking, but it was a nice pleasant experience and good exercise! Slept like a baby as a result!

My big costume job is finished, so today I am going to pack for upper NY and Canada. I'm taking two quilt projects with me that we did at past retreats, as I'm meeting with Nan, Vicki and Monique for a MSQC NORTH mini retreat! We'll get together Thursday and Friday for some fun together! Besides visiting with my quilt buddies, I'll be visiting my daughter and grandkids, I miss them so much, so this will be a fun trip. It was exactly one year ago that they moved to upper NY. We got snow on that trip, hope that doesn't happen this time!
        Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; October 10, 2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
          Good Morning Monique, Bubby, and all who come later,
          I finally, finished the boys costumes for the catechism party. One is ST Patrick the other St. Francis. Sure could have used Jean's help with them. Especially when I cut the hole for his head TOOOOOOOOO big. I fixed it but........oh how I fixed it. Will see what their momma has to say about them.
          It is cool here this am too. The walkers have light jackets on this morning. Still haven't heard from SIL in Wilmington. Hope her and her family are ok.
          Going to go find more coffee.
          Hugs and prayers for those who need them. Happy BD to those who celebrate today. To our Canadian friends who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday have a nice day to recoup. Do you have a crazy shopping day after your Thanksgiving like we do here.
          Blessings Kathy
          Bringing back memories of my days as a Catholic school principal! Everyone in The school dressed for all Saints Day instead of Halloween. We had every saint you could imagine! I'm sure your costumes were great! Take some pictures and share, I would love to see them!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            Good morning! Fall is in the air! We've had a number of gorgeous fall days during the last week! Not much fall color her just yet, but as we get cooler nights, the colors will start! Yesterday, our town had its annual Fall Festival. They close down the streets near city hall, and vendors and crafters and food trucks line the street. The local Catholic Church has it's Octoberfest. The one issue is that you have to park very far from the activities. It is really close enough that I could have walked from my home, but I drove part way and walked the last 6 blocks to get to the festival! Since I've spent so much time in the sewing room lately, my legs aren't used to that much walking, but it was a nice pleasant experience and good exercise! Slept like a baby as a result!

My big costume job is finished, so today I am going to pack for upper NY and Canada. I'm taking two quilt projects with me that we did at past retreats, as I'm meeting with Nan, Vicki and Monique for a MSQC NORTH mini retreat! We'll get together Thursday and Friday for some fun together! Besides visiting with my quilt buddies, I'll be visiting my daughter and grandkids, I miss them so much, so this will be a fun trip. It was exactly one year ago that they moved to upper NY. We got snow on that trip, hope that doesn't happen this time!
            No Jean, no snow expected but it will be cool.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/qc-...?unit=imperial
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Having lunch with the gals today and back here for coffee, dessert and a long gab fest, we haven't done that in avlong time. After a big lunch I probably won't feel like eating a big dinner tonight but need to get something in the crock pot for DH's dinner. He would love that lasagna but unfortunately I don't have all the ingredients. Maybe I'll order some take out for him from the restaurant.

Hope to get some sewing done this week, want to make some zippered bags for little Christmas gifts but am waiting for the zippers I ordered to arrive. Will try to get fabrics cut so I;m ready to go when they arrive. Have to mail many gifts to CA and LA and each year the postage gets higher so this year all the adults will get a zippered pouch with a gift card enclosed. Don't mind the postage expense for the gifts for the great grand kids.

Comment

Looks to be a beautiful fall day outside. Just got up a short while ago and ejoying a cup of coffee.
                Yesterday our children surprised us with a 50th wedding Anniversary party. We thought they were taking us to brunch and then into Manhattan to see a show. So we were totally shocked when we got to the supposed brunch and about 60 of our friends and family!y were shouting surprise as we walked in. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I looked around and saw people that had traveled long distances to be there with us. Our children gave us a memory we will cherish for a long time.
                Will be in the sewing room today both cleaning and sewing. How that fabric piles up waiting to put away is beyond me! Finishing up a few more burp and bib sets for a friend who's grandchild is being delivered today.
                Wishing everyone a good day, thoughts going out to those affected by the storm, and those who are ailing.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. Columbus Day here. A holiday for federal workers, mail carriers, etc., but most people have to work. Another sunny day. It's supposed to be ~80 deg. I have the laundry started. I'll be taking my queen size top & backing to the LA quilter today. It's the Herringbone pattern. It's a gift for my gr. son who got married Labor Day Wk.-End. I finished 1 block & started another yest. of the Prairie Flower pattern. I'm liking the way the blocks are coming together. Lots of snowballing, which I'm not fond of. By pressing in opposite directions, the seams are nesting well. Well, time to get my breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post

We took our dishwasher apart yesterday and fixed it...yay! So happy we don't have to buy a new one.

Have a great day everyone!
                    What was its ailment? Ours is stuck on LITE wash and has been that way since we bought the house. It does seem to clean the dishes but I would prefer to use regular wash and perhaps they might be even cleaner.

Comment

It has been an interesting time around here. Our internet and phone which we have been having trouble with for a month is now completely not working. Most of the time it doesn't bother me except when I would like to get on the forum or have something in particular that I would like to look up. I have no idea when it will be fixed so if you don't see me around much, it is because of the lack of internet at home.

Jean, enjoy your trip.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X