Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday blessings today

Thanskgiving Day!

I have many things to be thankful for today. I am in good health, I have the love of family and friends. I am thankful to have found Missouri Star and that I have made many friendships here. I am thankful that I can sew and the list goes on.

Thank you each and every one of you for being here with me in this wonderful place.

Have a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Sunday blessings today

Monique, I can just say the same as you! I especially value my Missouri Star friendships and love that I get to spend face to face time with so many of you.

I just have several buttonholes and hook and eyes to add to my last pair of costume pants, then my big Halloween costume project will be finished. Yay! Then to finish the other three! Luckily, these three are not so much building costumes, but "hunter-gatherer" type projects, and much has been hunted/gathered already! Nov. 5 will mark the date when I can start on quilting again! I'll be looking forward to that day for sure!

Hope you all have a very fine beautiful fall day!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian quilty friends here on the Forum. Monique and Jean, I too am grateful for the friendships I have formed here on the Forum and I am sooooo looking forward to seeing both of you later this week and Rivermomm and Peggie will be joining us too. This has been one of the unexpected benefits and joys that joining the Forum has provided. I feel truly blessed to have met face to face time with quite a few of you and I cherish each one of those moments.
      I am cooking the turkey etc today but the family is coming tomorrow for dinner so I will have a lot of the clean up mess out of the way and we can eat and enjoy the day. My desserts are prepared and in the freezer so I just have to get those out and defrost. I really try to have as much done ahead as possible so I can enjoy the time with everyone. I am a bit of an organizational freak in prepping so the celebration day is easy.

Hope you all have a great day and even if it isn't Thanksgiving for you, be thankful for all that you have.
      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian forum members! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is one of the least commercialized and focuses on family. Enjoy your time of family and remembering all you have to be thankful for!
        Cindy

Comment

Good morning everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends! It's a gorgeous fall day here. I'm the only one up at the moment (yea!) enjoying a cup of coffee and checking in here. No big plans for the day other than watching the baseball playoffs and football games, probably working on my cross-stitch while watching. Monique, your post about being thankful put a smile on my face this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful day today, whatever your plans!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks. My cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie have already been made.

Currently watching the Chicago Marathon, and the turkey will go in around 30. They'res only 2 of us, so it's a small bird.

I went and bought some spandex/lycra yesterday to get going with my serger. Plan to make 2 sports bras to start with. Also bought the fabric to make my DH's master jedi robes. This is going to be my first time pattern drafting. Ack!

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndaj View Post
              Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks. My cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie have already been made.

Currently watching the Chicago Marathon, and the turkey will go in around 30. They'res only 2 of us, so it's a small bird.

I went and bought some spandex/lycra yesterday to get going with my serger. Plan to make 2 sports bras to start with. Also bought the fabric to make my DH's master jedi robes. This is going to be my first time pattern drafting. Ack!

Have a great day everyone.
              . You will love your serger, especially when it comes to making bottoms for running, lounging, wearing to the pool, pjs. I call them my 15 minute pants. Once you cut them out, it takes less than 15 minutes to construct them on the serger. Those pants have been my mainstay of my costuming projects, especially when constructing for large groups of people! When I was a Catholic school principal, we did Advent shows for parents and I usually made most of the costumes. It was a small school, but every kid had a part in the show! I perfected my 15 minute pants technique when making those costumes!

Comment

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian neighbors. I am thankful everyday for this forum. So much support, encouragement, fun, creativity and, yes, love are shared here. I am also very thankful that it seems that my sons house in VA sustained only minor damage from what they have heard. However, they will not be able to return for another day or so.

Another thing I am thankful for today is that my son finally closed on his new place. We were there yesterday. It's beautiful. Next Saturday will be full move in day and then we will be one step closer to being done with this house buying/house selling adventure.

I am tired and a bit sore on this rainy Sunday. We will be watching the Dodger/Nationals playoff game and I am hoping to get into my sewing room for a few hours today to organize my SS projects for photo shoot and also work on a few things for Christmas and some baby items.

Enjoy your day everyone.
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

It's good to start the day here thinking of all the many things I am thankful for this past year, better health, good family and friends which include my friends here at M*.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all our northern friends. I too am very thankful for this forum and the friendships and bonds that have been formed here. It has become such an integral part of my life, I can't imagine life without you all. Hugs and blessing to all . Prayers for those in need.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends! I'm thankful for you and for everyone on this forum, for your friendship and your inspiration.

We are going back up to pick up our new dog this morning! The original one we went to see didn't get along with our Bochy - like gasoline and a match! But while we were there, they suggested another, smaller dog, who got along great with our dog. The new dog is a tad unusual looking, he is part Pug and part ****zu. But he is very sweet and loveable and I'm sure will fit in well in our family.

Jeannette

Comment

Another beautiful fall day here in Colorado. It was 40 deg. & a light frost this a.m. Now it's up to 82. We're enjoying the weather while it's so nice. I have the windows open.

This a.m. was church. I've been sort of taking it easy today. I plan to go sew for at least an hour before the news comes on. I'm working on block 2 of the Prairie Flower pattern. I plan to watch the presidential debate this evening. It's too bad there isn't a "none of the above" box to vote for this year. I really done like either candidate. I'm very concerned about the future of our country.

I hope everyone along the eastern seaboard who was affected by Hurricane Matthew is okay. So much rain & flooding.

Comment

Working...
                        X