Happy Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Saturday

It's a very dark and rainy start to this long weekend.

I'm off to buy activewear fabric for the first time this morning. My new serger came home yesterday and I forgot just how large it is. It's close to the size of my large Janome.

I will also be making pumpin pie and my cranberry sauce after we get back later today.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy long weekend.

Re: Happy Saturday

Have fun Lynda. Guess who is here? Phil and Maizyn, Momma stayed home. Phil picked up a turkey for me yesterday on the way home, 17 1/2 lbs. Maizyn is up and ready to make pancakes, her favorite when she is here. I had made spaghetti, another of her favorites, for supper last night. She ate two big bowls full, then had cheese and crackers and then had popcorn. They don't feed her at home.....lol. So my nice quiet sewing weekend was not to be had after all. That's okay, I have my baby here with his baby and that is just fine by me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning. Well today is the day we get to see my son's new place. Very exciting. The full move won't happen until next Saturday when the movers come but he has some basic things there already so he can stay there -- a bed, a chair, tv table, etc. We'll be bringing a few more things in the two cars to him today.

Have a great day everyone
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Monique, enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend with your family, some turkey and fixings sound great. Ginny, enjoy helping your son move into his new home, a new beginning for him. We'll be puttering around the house this weekend, supposed to rain so it may be a good time to get some sewing done.

Comment

I am up I think. Just drinking the first cuppa. Going to do my am chores then into the sewing room to finish the costumes for the catechism party. GS#2's is almost done, just finish the hem and binding around the neck. Still thinking about how I'm going to put GS's#3 together. Most important have to find something to defrost for supper.
          Ginny most exciting to see son's new house.
          Monique has her DS & GD with her this weekend for Thanksgiving. Monique will have a great time with her little helper.
          Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate today. Happy BD's for all who celebrate today. Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanksgiving my favorite holiday! I should start celebrating Canada in Texas and then again our traditional Thanksgiving in November. So much to be thankful for, I think that would be acceptable. Having a meet and greet with Snippet today for lunch in San Antonio! So excited to meet someone on the Forum!

Comment

Morning all,
              I was a lazy bones this morning and just got up. Made it home in good time yesterday without too much traffic, beautiful day for driving and taking in the fall foliage.
              My quilt friend from upstate wants to do thecraft fair with me Nov. 5th if vendor space is still available. She has made quite a few purses so I won't need to make quite as much as I thought I would. I want to make some smaller gift items, stocking stuffers, teacher's gifts, etc.
              Tomorrow our daughter has planned a whole day of surprises for us to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary which is next week. She's not giving any hints so we don't know what to expect.
              Time for a cup of coffee to get my day going. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian forum friends, love turkey and all the trimmings!
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I've been up since my usual 5 a.m. rising. Had e-m's to send announcing the arrival of new GGS #2, Oliver Vernon, who weighed in at 9 lb. 1 oz.! A big baby. He was born at 4:43 this a.m. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the hosp. today, after breakfast, I started in on DH's spelt bread. I bake 2 loaves about every 3 wks. The house smells yummy of baking bread.

I did some sewing yest. afternoon--the first in several days. I've just been under the weather with the root canal on Mon. & all the recent dental problems. I cut fabric for the 5" center blocks and strips for the 2.5" squares for snowballing the corners. I sewed together 1 block of the Prairie Flower pattern using "Forever Love" by Eleanor Burns. I think I like it, so I'll continue on with this pattern till I have enough blocks for a lap size quilt.

It's almost time for the bread to come out of the oven. Have a good week end.

My thoughts & prayers go out to all those along the eastern seaboard who are dealing with the effects of Hurricane Matthew. We have sun here. A frosty a.m. at 36 deg. High is supposed to get into the 70's.

Comment

It's a warm and sunny day here. We are going to have a full house this weekend. We are babysitting our nephew's tiny terror of a dog and he is an adorable handful. He is resting on my lap right now, after spending the night curled up under the covers next to me. He is VERY bossy and oh so cute! I adore him! His name is Levi because his fur was blue when he was a baby. Now he is a silvery color - I'll try to post a picture but I don't know that it shows his true color.

Later today we are going to a rescue agency to look at a dog to adopt - so if we bring her home today, and I think we will, we will have five dogs roaming our little house.

Last but not least, my daughter is coming home tomorrow! We will be so happy to spend time with her. She has Monday off so I'm hoping she spends the night.

Well, I better get cracking! Have a good day, everyone!

Jeannette

Comment

Here is a photo of Levi, standing upright for a cookie:

IMG_5421.jpg

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                      Morning all,
                      I was a lazy bones this morning and just got up. Made it home in good time yesterday without too much traffic, beautiful day for driving and taking in the fall foliage.
                      My quilt friend from upstate wants to do thecraft fair with me Nov. 5th if vendor space is still available. She has made quite a few purses so I won't need to make quite as much as I thought I would. I want to make some smaller gift items, stocking stuffers, teacher's gifts, etc.
                      Tomorrow our daughter has planned a whole day of surprises for us to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary which is next week. She's not giving any hints so we don't know what to expect.
                      Time for a cup of coffee to get my day going. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian forum friends, love turkey and all the trimmings!
                      Wow, Cathy! Congratulations on 50 years of marriage!

I will be coming to NY next week! Can't wait to see the fall foliage in the Adirondacks! I've never been up east in fall. The NE states are still on my bucket list to visit. Now that I have a kid and grandkids in upper NY, it is more likely that I will get to visit up there at many times of the year.

Comment

Levi is adorable. Sounds like he's got your number. :-)

Cathy, congrats on your 50th anniversary! Our 35th anniversary is Monday.

Jean, visiting NE in the fall is on my bucket list too. I've wanted to go ever since I was a little girl and learned about Rhode Island, the smallest state!!

Have a great weekend everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!

Comment

Working...
                        X