We escaped Matthew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We escaped Matthew

Just wanted to say we were spared from the worst of Matthew. Couldn't believe no major damage, just a few limbs to pick up. What a blessing and prayers answered. Thank you all for thinking of us. However, further north of us (W.P,B.) they were not so lucky. Lets continue to pray for their safety.
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Re: We escaped Matthew

I'm glad everything is good. My husband spoke to his cousin who is visiting Disney World with his wife and two small children. The park has closed and the police are keeping everyone in the hotel...nice fall break vacation, huh? I hope they make it through okay too.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

So glad you escaped major damage Linda. We are waiting to see what,if any, damage my son's house will sustain. He is up in Brunswick, GA and they had to evacuate yesterday. They went north and west to someplace in N. Carolina to his gf's cousin's cabin.
      Keeping everyone that is in the path of this storm in my thoughts and prayers
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Glad to hear you've made out without a scratch. And yes, keeping in mind for those who are not so lucky!

Comment

Stay safe.

Comment

Those storms are so scary looking. I wish that people who are in evacuation areas would just leave when they are told to instead of staying!!

Comment

Glad to hear you made it through ok. Waiting to hear from our other Florida friends.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

We weren't in the path of the storm. Did that one time too many. Lots of folks evacuated to here though. Somehow officials got a count of 10k cars with an unknown number of passengers that sought safety here. Glad they did. Wonder how Pat is doing in Valrico.
                Prayers for those who are still in Matthews path. Kathy
                All quilts cat tested and approved.
                sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you are all safe.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is safe so far. My nephew is in Savannah, GA. His family evacuated yesterday further inland, but he is in the Coast Guard. They are hunkered down until it passes, then they will go out on search and rescue. He is in a helicopter and as soon as they are given the all-clear, they will go up.
                    Cindy

Comment

All is good here and we are feeling very blessed and grateful.
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
                      X