No announcement yet.

round two starts in the morning.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: round two starts in the morning.....

Well first of all, thank you. We never do sleep together since he is a graveyard worker. On his nights off, since he won't wear his breathing machine, he sleeps in the other room.

The nice doctor from yesterday was very sympathetic of my 'symptoms'. The nurses this morning were as well. However, today's doctor basically told me I am crazy and after he left the room, I started crying which is unusual for me. MM felt bad and talked me into taking one of his anti puke pills, which I did, and I now feel fine.

MM is now asleep in the chair while being poisoned and I am still taking out my topstitching!

Sandy, I think you are safe because I don't remember how we got to where you live now, but it's possible I could become a transient in your new house since you aren't living there. Too bad there isn't an elevator to play in!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I can sympathize with you and believe me none of us here thinks you are making this up! Stick with that nice Dr. Dreamy and his staff, and maybe, if you have time a support group? Hope things get better soon for you both.

Comment

I hope you can find a solution soon before you become the next patient. Doctors come in all shapes and sizes and temperaments. It sounds like mm's urologist is a kind and compassionate doctor. Don't let today's doctor get to you. Thankfully they aren't all like him.
        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Pat, I've been thinking about you and MM a lot recently. I hope things improve for you both!! I hope your symptoms improve. I assume they are overshadowing your shoulder issues. Sounds like you have a real gem of a doctor. I really enjoyed meeting you at the retreat and am glad you had a little break from life! Take care of yourself!
          Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by GaGa View Post
            . I assume they are overshadowing your shoulder issues. Sounds like you have a real gem of a doctor. I really enjoyed meeting you at the retreat and am glad you had a little break from life! Take care of yourself!
            I had a great time and was so glad to get to meet you and spend time sharing a table with you!! My shoulder has been a lot better since I got home. Maybe it's from all the 'massages' I got while at the retreat!!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear you are having such a struggle. Do you have a family physician you can go see for just you and explain what is going on. Maybe they can prescribe something that will help what will help.

You are not crazy at all. Being a caregiver is difficult. Taking care of you is just as important. You cannot care for him unless you are in a good place.

Maybe go for a spa massage once a week. Whatever will work to make you feel good.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Pat, so sorry you are having those reactions to MM' meds. My thoughts and prayer's are with you both.
                Glade to hear shoulder is doing better.
                Thanks for your he!p on purse.. hang in there one day at a time.

Jean Anne

Comment

Pat, is there an online support group for patients and family members/caregivers of MM's kind of cancer (besides here at the M*QC forum, which I'm convinced is one of the best therapy groups on the planet)? The colorectal cancer support group at WebMD.com was really helpful to me when I was going through (nine years ago). I liked the online part so I did not have to commit to meetings that I was too sick /tired to attend. It gave me a chance to see how others were coping, and there was a lot of "have you had this issue?" types of posts. I was amazed at how often actual patients and their caregivers went through similar things, even though their docs didn't always believe them. Praying for you and MM, my quilty friend.

Comment

I wonder if the nausea is being caused by stress. Stress can do really unkind things to people. I guess sleeping in separate rooms is the easiest solution. If you don't want to do that what about placing a single bed in the room? When my dad was sick with cancer that's what Mom did. He slept in the double bed and she slept in the single. That way they could still be in the same room together. Of course, that would probably depend on how large your bedroom is.

My friend is having a port put in this morning. She starts chemo on Wednesday. I'm very nervous about this since a lot of her care may fall on me. She is frail both mentally and physically. I don't think she will handle this treatment well so I'm worried about the coming weeks. She has three daughters and it's not convenient for any of them to help out. They all live in other states, are working, etc. Her husband died over twenty years ago. She depends on friends for support.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

It's not from stress, it's from the poison/chemicals seeping thru his skin via sweat and other ways. I had a severe allergic reaction to a medication in the past ten years and since then, I am very sensitive to 'new things'. We never change our soaps, shampoos, cleaners, etc. There are some that I can't even be near. You don't have to get it on your skin, just breathing the fumes can bring on a reaction.

Today, I woke up feeling so sick, I'd have sworn it was morning sickness. It's now slowly subsiding, thank goodness.
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Pat, I'm so sorry you are going through all this. What are the chances you could get doctor dreamy to write you a Rx for the anti-nausea medication that MM is taking? That might help.
                        Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                          Pat, I'm so sorry you are going through all this. What are the chances you could get doctor dreamy to write you a Rx for the anti-nausea medication that MM is taking? That might help.
                          This sounds like a good idea. Hope it brings you some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                            We already have a surplus of it built up, and I take only one a day, if needed.

I did learn today that if it is a sunny day, I won't be riding around in a car with him again!! I was like a dog with my head and tongue wagging out the window!
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X