Prayers For florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prayers For florida

Things are very peaceful here now. The weather is calm with a light breeze. I have asked all the horse owners to take a piece of paper, write their name, address and both their phone number and mine, and their horse's name, place it in a zip lock bag and braid it into the horse's mane and tail. The braid is finished with a rubber band. The dogs and cats have the zip lock info secured on their collars. The horses will be out of the barn and in the pastures. Walls or roof may give on the barn. Horses are interesting as they will herd together, put the smallest or weakest in the middle of the herd and put their bums into the wind. That way they protect their faces and heads. No halters will be used as they might hook them on branches or such. Fly masks have been distributed to protect their eyes. All is well and we are completing the final button down before dark. More later. Prayers for all on the east coast and those still in evacuation status.
    Last edited by PatinValrico; October 6th, 2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Be safe, my friends. Be safe!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Yes be safe. My thoughts are with you all.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Pat - it is wonderful that you are helping all those people and their pets. MY DIL is from Melbourne and her parents decided this morning to evacuate - something they have never done before. They live between I-95 and the water. Her Mom loaded up both cars and their (huge) boat with all the important things she could fit into them. A normal 2 hour trip took them six, but they have arrived and are safe and sound at DIL's brother's house in St Pete. I had offered for them to drop the boat here if they didn't think there would be room at their son's, but they had it planned where it would fit in his yard.

I really don't expect anything too bad here, but the east coast is in for a beating, I am afraid. Prayers for everyone involved.
          Donna

Comment

Prayers for all in the face of this storm. Please all our forum friends, check in here as soon as you can to let us know how you are. Be as safe as you can be.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Prayers from here for all that are in the storms path.I pray that this storm stay off shore and weakens,but most of all I pray for the safety of all of you.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Adding my hopes that it stays off-shore and all remain safe!

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                  Pat - it is wonderful that you are helping all those people and their pets. MY DIL is from Melbourne and her parents decided this morning to evacuate - something they have never done before. They live between I-95 and the water. Her Mom loaded up both cars and their (huge) boat with all the important things she could fit into them. A normal 2 hour trip took them six, but they have arrived and are safe and sound at DIL's brother's house in St Pete. I had offered for them to drop the boat here if they didn't think there would be room at their son's, but they had it planned where it would fit in his yard.

I really don't expect anything too bad here, but the east coast is in for a beating, I am afraid. Prayers for everyone involved.
                  My son's in law's just got word from a neighbor that all is well at their home. Just some branches down and a bit of clean up. Answered prayers.
                  Donna

Comment

Happy to say all is well in Orlando. Now we wait and see what comes in the days ahead. Hoping to hear everyone is doing great.
                    Karen
                    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Glad you did ok Karen. Now here's hoping it doesn't loop around and come back. I remember Ivan doing that.
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                        Glad you did ok Karen. Now here's hoping it doesn't loop around and come back. I remember Ivan doing that.
                        I remember all too well. At least if it does loop around it should only be a tropical storm or less hopefully anyway.
                        Karen
                        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Originally posted by PatinValrico View Post
                          Things are very peaceful here now. The weather is calm with a light breeze. I have asked all the horse owners to take a piece of paper, write their name, address and both their phone number and mine, and their horse's name, place it in a zip lock bag and braid it into the horse's mane and tail. The braid is finished with a rubber band. The dogs and cats have the zip lock info secured on their collars. The horses will be out of the barn and in the pastures. Walls or roof may give on the barn. Horses are interesting as they will herd together, put the smallest or weakest in the middle of the herd and put their bums into the wind. That way they protect their faces and heads. No halters will be used as they might hook them on branches or such. Fly masks have been distributed to protect their eyes. All is well and we are completing the final button down before dark. More later. Prayers for all on the east coast and those still in evacuation status.
                          I'm glad that you faired well and I hope everyone who took the brunt of the storm did well. I love what you have done to help and protect the animals. That is very interesting about how the horses will put the smallest and weakest in the center of the herd.

We used to live in SE FL and went through the hurricanes in 04'. We now live in central west FL so we just got rain and wind gusts (50 mphs.)

Comment

It's finally over here in Daytona. We lost the whole screen enclosure on our pool but we're fine and no other major damage. Our power, phone and cable came back on this afternoon so we're happy campers. When we were out this afternoon we saw lots of trees down, many traffic lights not working and debris from trees everywhere. From what we saw we were fortunate. I really believe all the prayers and positive thoughts helped us to get through. Now prayers and positive thoughts for all the other people who were or will be affected by Matthew.
                            I have no doubts about the force for good this group creates. Thank you all so much.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated. Even though I don't know any of you, I feel like I do and I want you all to be safe! Hopefully the clean-up will be well organized and things will be back to normal very soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X