Night Owls - whatcha doin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owls - whatcha doin'?

Sorry - didn't mean to mumble. Have not turned on the weather channel - would rather not know the hurricane path. The old adage is true - ignorance is bliss.

We went grocery shopping and found it very difficult to find one! Because the population is so seasonal there are only 2 stores in the Dells. One is WalMart and the other is privately owned. The privately owned one does not carry all the major brands ... not because they don't want to ... but because the manufacturers want consistent monthly sales so they won't contract with them.

Temps dropping to a high of 60 on Friday. Glad I brought some sweats!

Re: Night Owls - whatcha doin'?

Hoot I just finished reading through all the new posts since last night and checked out the dd.I should have bought last night but really don't need any more fabric for a while.Judy i'm guessing you did drive to NC.I hope you stay safe,is your home inland or on the coast?Were you able to find water and fuel and candles etc.. to be prepared for the storm?
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I had to quit watching The Weather Channel this afternoon as it was stressing me out too much.

I've been doing some more cross stitching on a Santa. I watched another episode of "Galavant". I was pleased to find that a lot of "Good Eats" shows are on Netflix. We watched the tamale one last night.

Tomorrow the Bulls play the Pacers at 6 so my buddy is coming over to watch.

I got a hopeful email from this website that monitors monarch butterfly migration, and this is that one person says the population in her area is up! http://www.learner.org/jnorth/monarc...ion100616.html

Comment

Kim I had carpal tunnel and had surgery for it,do you have a brace for your wrist?You can buy them in most stores and if you wear it especially when sleeping it might make some difference.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
          Kim I had carpal tunnel and had surgery for it,do you have a brace for your wrist?You can buy them in most stores and if you wear it especially when sleeping it might make some difference.
          Yes, I do have one that I wear at night sometimes. It helps. I sleep face down with my shoulders pushed back and I think that aggravates it too.

Comment

I'm trying not to throw up!! When I was at the retreat and away from MM, I did not feel sick all week till I caught some crud the last day there. Within a day of getting home and around him, I started feeling ill again. He starts his second round of chemo on Friday and we have an appointment with the oncologist and I'll be asking him about this. When I am upstairs sewing and away from him, it's fine. Today was the worse. As soon as he climbed in bed this morning after work, I immediately woke up and had to leave the room. I seriously think I can smell the poisons coming out of him. My mouth got a metal taste, my tongue and lips started feeling funny and I was immediately nauseous. Either the doctor can say, yes this is something real or send me to a shrink!!

I am testing a new wallet for a designer I really like and it will be finished tomorrow morning. It is unlike any I've sewn before.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

After cleaning out all the kitchen cabinets last week I moved on to the fridge today. I took all the drawers out to the yard to soak. Now I'm watching Survivor . This show has been on so long and some of these morons still don't know how to play. lol
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Now I'm watching Survivor . This show has been on so long and some of these morons still don't know how to play. lol
                I know!!! You'd think they had never watched it before!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Joan - We decided to stick with our original travel plans and are still in Wisconsin. Tough decision to make ... but the NC house is about 8 miles inland at the top of a hill so there is no overwash or flooding threat. Falling pine trees are the biggest threat. And there's nothing we could do to stop that even if we were there.

We can only go on past experience ... several eyes have passed over and we never suffered any damage. Hoping that the trend continues.

Comment

Judy. if you drive into Baraboo it has a couple of privately own grocery stores. Baraboo is just south of the Dells on Hwy 12.

Comment

Working...
                    X