haiti......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haiti......

My son in law, who is presently deployed, is being redeployed for the next two weeks to Haiti for aid relief. Sounds like they will be living in tents and off the grid. Be interesting to see the pictures, when he can post them.

I remember when I flew to Okinawa, back in 1976. A huge typhoon had just flattened Guam and it was so sad to see. We went thru several super typhoons when we lived in Okinawa, but the homes there are all built of cinder blocks filled with cement or thick cement walls, so we never saw any damage.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: haiti......

It must be awful for the ones living there. I just can't imagine. Prayers to keep them all safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hasn't Haiti had enough destruction over the last few years? We used to say that about Bangladesch - each time they recovered from a disaster another flood or wind would hit them.

Hope he remains safe!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

So sad for the people of Haiti...their recovery has been so slow and there's so much corruption in the recovery. So tragic for them to have more to deal with.

Comment

The people of Haiti, the poorest on earth, have had their lives disrupted so much it is almost beyond believable. I contribute through my church for relief. I hope it reaches the people and children that need it the most. They are in my prayers.

Comment

So sad what has happened. Sending them prayers.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Every time I hear of these disasters I feel so incredibly lucky. There are so many people on our earth who have been dealt a really rotten hand.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
              X