Almost midnight Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost midnight Night Owl

Hoot hoot! The Bulls lost their preseason opener by two points...but the starters didn't play as much as the bench players, so hopefully we'd be better if they were in longer. I got a bit more cross stitched on the last Santa and am taking a break. I didn't wake up until 5 in the afternoon, so I'll be up all night! What's up in your tree? @,@

Re: Almost midnight Night Owl

Hoot hoot I didn't accomplish anything today because I had 2 seizures and they just wipe me out,so I slept most of the afternoon and then was still tired.My neighbor came over today for a visit and brought her dog and our dog Sterling just loves him(Louie the dog),that's how I spent my morning.Kim do you work?I was wondering since your clock is seems to run during the night hours.Did you take your cross stitched pieces to have them framed and are these going to be gifts or just something you do to pass time?I just looked at the DD and it's a black and white layer cake for under $20.
    Last edited by stationarymom; October 3, 2016, 11:12 PM.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

We went to the movies tonight, I didn't get anything done today either. I'm working on a two sided sports team quilt for my hubs, and I can't work on it when he is around.

Comment

Cut some white JR strips that I won at the retreat strip game into 2 1/2" squares for a future JRR. Cut some 5" tumblers to go along with the ones I was able to cut on the machine (also at the retreat.) Got to Joann's where a very nice lady gave me 50% AND 40% off coupons. Shopped the 50% off remnants and some 50% off clearance yardage.

Went shoe shopping with Steve. Found 3 pairs he liked ... and I discovered 3 boxed pairs of size 13's take up quite a bit of van space. Went to dinner at a restaurant (Buffalo Phil's) where the drinks and food are delivered on a toy train. Very interesting place and a ton of fun. Sophisticated rustic d├ęcor for the adults and a bunch of kids fascinated by the train. All in all a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
          Hoot hoot I didn't accomplish anything today because I had 2 seizures and they just wipe me out,so I slept most of the afternoon and then was still tired.My neighbor came over today for a visit and brought her dog and our dog Sterling just loves him(Louie the dog),that's how I spent my morning.Kim do you work?I was wondering since your clock is seems to run during the night hours.Did you take your cross stitched pieces to have them framed and are these going to be gifts or just something you do to pass time?I just looked at the DD and it's a black and white layer cake for under $20.
          No, I don't work and I didn't get downtown...because I sleep such odd hours I don't get my errands run sometimes. Tonight I was expecting company but I didn't know when they would show up so I just stayed home. I messed around last night with a frame that I had and tried framing the Halloween sampler on my own. I used a lacing technique. It looks okay but I think a matte around it would look better.

Comment

Just got in from watching the grands. Now to TRY to get some sleep.....ran out of a critical med that helps me relax enough to fall asleep, and stay that way...so didn't get much sleep last night. Hoping tonight may be better. But from the sounds coming from my bedroom I kinda doubt it. I am beginning to understand why some couples eventually end up in separate rooms, and even beds...the man needs to learn which side of the bed is his. You would think after 30 yrs he would know. The snoring, I am just used to...except when I don't have my meds. (then it is a thorn in my side)....well of to kick the mister on to his side of the bed.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Hoot, Hoot, It's 3am and I'm still awake, haven't done this in a long time.

Kept myself busy today as I DS#1 was having a Cardiac catheterization this afternoon. Went food shopping, did paper work for ourselves and my guild's pillowcase project - time to submit our budget request for 2017. No matter how much we ask for we only get $200 which doesn't go too far so we rely on donations and great sales . DS called around 3 to tell us the good news that everything was OK, no heart problems. He's almost 61 and has put on some weight the past few years since his wife passed away and has been feeling tired so doc wanted to check everything out.

Going to snuggle in my quilt and see if I can get some sleep before dawn breaks, Hooting Good Night to all the Night Owls still awake.

Comment

Working...
              X