Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quilting Song Lyrics

Hi All,

I have Internet connectivity again, so I thought I'd post the lyrics to the song Jenny sang with us at the Fall Forum Retreat.

KEEP IT IN YOUR STASH
    Lyrics by Rick Collins, c. 2016
    Sung to the tune of "Blowin' In The Wind" by Bob Dylan
    As seen on https://youtu.be/GdVZN0nTu5c

What do you do with that old set of sheets, printed with hearts and Mickey Mouse?
    Oh and what do you do when a permanent stain has ruined your favorite blouse?
    And where do you put all the selvages and scraps, scattered all over your house?
    The answer, my friend, is keep it in your stash
    The answer is keep it in your stash.

You must keep this small bit of Halloween print, as some day you'll surely find a match,
    And when your husband recycles that nice Hawaiian shirt, yes, that too will be a good catch.
    And you can't be expected to just throw away this solitary log cabin patch!

What do you do when the piecing's all through, but the batting is four feet too long?
    When the yard sale next door has fabric galore, where oh where does it belong?
    Yes, amidst all this excess and yardage and cloth, how do you stay steadfast and strong?

How many blocks of a quilt can be sewn, before the extra fabric peeks ...
    Out of every drawer, and every closet door, there's pastels, patterns and Batiks!
    And what can we all do to cover the truth, that now we are full quilting geeks?

Someday, it will save you time,
    Someday, it will save you cash,
    'Cause you know that you
    Kept it in your stash!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Re: The Quilting Song Lyrics

I love this - it was so fun watching you three!

Comment

It was much more fun to watch you ladies sing this at the retreat than to read the lyrics.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I loved seeing you three singing this song. Love it. (just puts a big smile on my face reading and remembering)
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

I loved standing five feet from you while you sang these lyrics!!!!! What a great night!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks for posting the lyrics and the video link . It looks like ya'll had so much fun. Love it! So much talent on this forum!!

Comment

This was so much fun! Love the lyrics! I know Jenny enjoyed it too, she commented on it to me Wednesday morning when I saw her before we all left!

Comment

It was awesome and I enjoyed it along with the rest of you. Seeing it in person would have been better for sure. Jean, maybe you can redo it for us here in Canada next week!!!!!!
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                  It was awesome and I enjoyed it along with the rest of you. Seeing it in person would have been better for sure. Jean, maybe you can redo it for us here in Canada next week!!!!!!
                  Maybe not! Not traveling with guitar on an airplane! But we can all sing it a Capella!

Comment

Jean is coming to Canada?!?

Comment

Thanks for posting these, Toni. I am going to print them out, along with a still from the video, to hang in my sewing room. Great memories!
                      Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                        Thanks for posting these, Toni. I am going to print them out, along with a still from the video, to hang in my sewing room. Great memories!
                        Aw, Cindy, that's so sweet!

And if you could please pass along to your DH and DS that I am still grateful for their help getting all my stuff out to the RV on the last day of the retreat. I would have been exhausted if I'd had to do it all myself.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. The retreat was a lot of fun, and getting to sing with Jenny Doan will remain one of the highlights of my life!

Comment

I understand the airlines will let you drop your guitar at the door of the airplane so you don't have to baggage claim it or wrestle with it at your seat.
                            The lyrics are great. I enjoyed reading them after seeing the video. I don't have great hearing
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

Clap clap clap!! The video was awesome, you were all terrific. I see this as a possible theme song for all the M retreats in the future. Kind of like going to camp and singing Kumbaya the last day!

Comment

Working...
                              X