It's the first Monday of a brand new month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the first Monday of a brand new month

Yes it is October already. AND it is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Well that weekend if over with. We ate sausage on a bun with sauerkraut most of the weekend. Les played horseshoes at Oktoberfest on Saturday and I went and rescued him at about 5pm. Let us just say he was full. I worked Saturday morning, it was very quiet. Afterwards, I visited my MIL. She seems to be adjusting quite fine and seems to like it there. She really likes to sit in the meal room/sun room.

I managed to sew as well and finished off the crazy patch quilt I had started. I work at the special place all week so I have two projects lined up. I will attach a beautiful label that was made for me by our very own Sandy, to Maizyn's quilt and continue hand quilting the giant flower garden quilt I started early last year. It is made with Jenny's large half hexie.

Les goes back to work today. Can I hear a yeah? The only problem with that is we are down to one vehicle so I will have to go and get him tonight after I am done work and do the same tomorrow. Oh well it could be worse.

So that is what my week is shaping up to be.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's the first Monday of a brand new month

Morning all,
    Looks like it will be a nice fall day here upstate. Leaves are starting to change but not anywhere near their peak yet. Drove up yesterday and will stay here till Friday or Saturday not sure yet. Brought my sewing machine and some projects with me. Hope to get them all completed. It's very quiet here so I should be able to get them done. A quilting friend is coming to visit today and she is going to introduce me to a new quilting shop in the area. I usually only get to visit with her once a year at a quilt retreat so I am going to really enjoy this extra visit. My sister has been so wonderful to let me come and use her condo whenever I want as she no longer has a tenant in it and isn't looking to rent it again.
    Well I'm off to get some coffee going and get my day started.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning. Yup, October is here and it's looking very busy. Three birthday parties, closing on the house, the boys moving, and major event at work. The work thing will be this Thursday so I can cross that off my list shortly. I am actually taking Friday off but it won't be to just unwind after the whirlwind week. Sis and I will be heading into Brooklyn and then on Saturday we will head up to Peekskill with ds #1 to bring ds#2 some supplies. Since he will be closing on his place tomorrow but the movers aren't coming until the 15th, he will be staying up there without large furniture, etc. He will have a new bed delivered but will need a few more things to get through until the moving truck shows up.

DH and I do have plans to go away the first weekend of November to decompress for a few days.

Monique, I am identifying with the "one car" thing today. Actually for the next three days. I lent my car to ds#1 (Johnny) so that he and ds#2 (Rob) can get back and forth to the new place and bring some things up there so Rob has supplies to last until we get up there again on Saturday and then they finally move out of the Brooklyn house on the 15th. Therefore I need to take hubby's car to take him to work in the morning and then, since he gets out at 3:30 but I don't get out until 5 he will need to wait in the cafeteria until I get there. Luckily I am only about 10 minutes away.

Have a good Monday everyone.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning, Nice crisp Fall weather is here but cold during the night so we had to close the windows. It's nice to snuggle under a quilt but really hard to leave the warmth so I'll stay warm and cuddled for a bit longer. I'll daydream a bit and then plan what I need to do today, food shopping will be on the top of today's To Do list for sure as we seem to be out of a lot of necessities.

We both have had colds and sort of been just hanging around the house most of the past week so food supplies have dwindled down especially for meals. Last night DH finished the leftover stir fry veggies and chicken and I made myself some waffles. Been trying recipes without white flour so the waffles were made from almond meal, they were a bit gritty but weren't too bad. Next time I'll use almond flour. Recipe did make 4 big waffles so leftovers can be warmed in the toaster oven for breakfast or a snack.
        Last edited by MayinJerset; October 3, 2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Good morning all! Wow, I have been on the go for the past 12 days, with the MSQC Birthday Bash, Forum Retreat, and entertaining Andrea and Thomas from Germany here in St. Louis. It was all a lot of fun, but today I get back to work on my costuming jobs.

Andrea and Thomas an I had a great time together! It's great to have out of town guests to let you explore your own city. We went up in the Gateway Arch, toured several museums, attended a street Art Fair, when to to the Missouri Botanical Garden, and of course we had to eat some Ted Drewes Frozen Custard! ( voted the best custard IN THE WORLD!). They left yesterday morning to continue their exploration of the US for another week! What delightful guests they are! I loved having them visit!

People are starting to post pictures of the forum retreat in the groups section. Join the group and you can see the photos!

Back to some sort of sewing, just have to figure out which project to tackle first! Hope you all have a great day

Comment

Good morning peeps. It is most definitely fall here. I get fascinated watching the leaves change and there seems to be no rhyme or reason about which tree goes before others and even on the same tree how some of it turns and then the rest waits. It's really neat to watch.

I continue to be a disenchanted quilter. Although, my M-I-L sent me info about how they need slab blocks/quilt tops for Quilt Canada in June where they plan on making many quilts to send to Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada. If anybody is interested, here is the link: https://www.canadianquilter.com/pdf/...ke-a-block.pdf

On Friday, I pulled the trigger on the TOL BabyLock combination serger/coverstitch machine Yesterday, I sold one of my guitars which will pay for half of the BabyLock. I'm a happy camper.

Dreading going back to physio on Wednesday for shockwave treatment 2, but then there will only be 1 left!

Have a great week everybody and I promise to get some sewing done this week.

Comment

Good Morning Quilty Friends. It's good to be back to the forum. The past month has been spent helping my daughter get her new house finished. We moved them this weekend and this gal is sore! They built a shed/house "shouse" which is a shed with living quarters in it. The house part is up 16 stairs. I can't begin to count the number of times we went up and down.

The weekend before I went to Bentonville, Arkansas to help my son and his wife after their move. They had a moving company move them so we just unpacked boxes. Someone had to watch my grandson in the back yard so I got to do that a lot!! For those of you who know my relationship with my son and his family you will be happy to know our relationship is healing. Time heals all wounds, and this is going to take time. Thanks for your continued prayers. Here's a picture of my grandson, Carter.

IMG_2794.jpg

Yesterday I mowed and worked on a t-shirt quilt. A young friend decided she was going to make her own quilt. When that didn't work out she brought it to me to see if I could help. She had just cut out the fronts of shirts, didn't square up or use interfacing, and sewed them together. She used the smaller stitch on her machine! It took me two weeks to rip apart the entire mess and start over. The quilt is ready to be quilted. I think I am going to purchase the "Couch to Quilt" box from M* and give it to her with some sewing lessons. This has truly been a labor of love! Here are a couple before and one after picture. Not my greatest work but better than it was.

IMG_2375.jpgIMG_2804.jpg

I've rearranged my sewing room but still haven't decided if I like it. Will have to spend some quality time in here rearranging until everything is just right.

We are having a neighborhood fall party this Saturday so I better get my house company ready. Have a great week and Happy Fall Y'all!
              Robin
              My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

morning all...rough start for me this morning...I was fine until about 15 minutes ago when a really bad headache set in. I've taken some advil and tylenol but it feels like a Percocet migraine coming. Barometric pressure headaches are the worst for me. So I may be leaving work shortly as I'm starting to feel nauseous. Hope it goes away before my hair appointment this evening!

sending love and hugs to those in need. xoxo

Comment

Hi Everyone....

I'm dragging today...woke up with a headache and no ambition. We had a full day working Saturday and yesterday we worked on our dishwasher. I want to replace it but Jeff wants to try to repair it. This could take weeks and in the meanwhile I'm doing all dishes by hand, which I don't mind that much. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to buy to replace ours (Kitchenaid). I had been thinking about trying a Samsung until I saw their washers that have exploded on the news.

Yesterday I finished the 25 blocks for our present quilt. I started one for my DD in black with all gold ribbons.

Pictures from the retreat are turning up in Groups. It looks like a grand time was had by all.

Cathy, have a restful time upstate. I hope you get your projects done.

Hugs All Around.....
                  Last edited by Bubby; October 3, 2016, 08:38 AM.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all,

We're back from the retreat and settling in to our normal routines. I am spending this beautiful fall morning at Emory eye clinic for my annual exam. Since Emory is across town, this ends up taking most of the day. Hopefully, DS is doing his school work while I'm gone.

Barb, please steer clear of Samsung appliances. We bought an expensive French door refrigerator that started having problems as soon as the warranty was up. Read as many reviews as you can. They are not meant to last.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
                    Cindy

Comment

Hi, Everyone ~ No time earlier to check in. I had that 80 appt. for my root canal. The lady endodontist was very nice & efficient. She was able to complete the procedure in one visit. I was there 90 min. I'm sure my jaw will ache for a while from being propped open so long. The anesthetic is finally wearing off at almost 1 p.m. I really had a fat lip. I felt well enough afterwards to run errands. I had quite a list for Wal-Mart. I like to stock up on canned fruit when I'm there. I get fruit which is packed in 100% juice which has fewer calories & no added sugar or sweeteners.

I got no sewing done over the week end. Sat. I weeded in the flower beds for 2 hrs. Still more work to be done before cold weather hits.

My son's family had safe travels to/from the Netherlands . They all went over for my DIL's parents' 50th wedding anniversary. They live in Spakenburg, about an hour from Amsterdam. I'm waiting for pics & all the details. They just got back yest. eve. My DGD is due to pop any time with GGS #2. Her due date is the 10th, but I'll be surprised if she goes that long. She's pretty uncomfortable. I well remember those days.

We're having a beautiful fall day. It's 86 deg. & sunny. Maybe one of the last nice days for a while. They're predicting rain & maybe even snow by Thurs. with lows dropping into the 30's.

I think enough numbness has left so it's safe to eat lunch now. I didn't want to bite my check while I was numb.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                        Hi, Everyone ~ No time earlier to check in. I had that 80 appt. for my root canal. The lady endodontist was very nice & efficient. She was able to complete the procedure in one visit. I was there 90 min. I'm sure my jaw will ache for a while from being propped open so long. The anesthetic is finally wearing off at almost 1 p.m. I really had a fat lip. I felt well enough afterwards to run errands. I had quite a list for Wal-Mart. I like to stock up on canned fruit when I'm there. I get fruit which is packed in 100% juice which has fewer calories & no added sugar or sweeteners.
                        Happy to hear that your root canal went well (at least as well as they can go). I have had many so I can commiserate with you. Hopefully, the pain won't be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X