OK my next question re the Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK my next question re the Fall

DH wants to know how cold it is - will he be OK in fleeces or does he need to wear warmer clothes. Today it is 60 degrees and it's chilly here!

Re: OK my next question re the Fall

yes, you will want a hat and a simple pair of gloves for early mornings, late evenings, and layers.... if the fleece is over just a light tee it might not be enough, but you definitely wouldn't need a ski parka either.

Comment

I've lived in NJ, Vt and Ontario. Here's some things I've noticed. Up in Vermont you tend to have a "dry" cold. I use to be cold at 38 degrees in NJ and have to wear a heavy coat. This was because it was close to the ocean and you had the dampness in NJ. I could get away with a wool icelandic sweater in Vermont at 18 degrees. Also in Vermont most times you lose 10 to 20 degrees at night from what the daytime temp was. In Vermont, yes, leaves turned anywhere from the last two weeks of Sept to 2nd week in October. Some years the leaves are more colorful then others. Yes gloves and a hat in the Fall often in Vermont. When I was up in Ontario, the weather was damper and more humid in Mississauga (sp?) since it was right next to the Lake (same would go for Niagara). However, when I lived up by Algonquin Park it was less humid or damp. While it would get very cold it was the dampness that seemed to dictate what outerwear was needed. :-) I would think Boston area would be similar to New Jersey during different seasons.
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

If you are going someplace windy, fleece will not do it. You would probably need to layer it with a windbreaker. I have not been outside today, because I am still sick, but it is in the low 60's and I'd probably wear my sandals, capris and a tshirt if I had to run to the store. I normally don't start dressing warmer until it starts raining.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

It depends on when exactly you are coming. It's October third and I am wearing a sleeveless blouse and flip flops today, in spite of the rain, and I am fine. But I recall days near Halloween when I've wanted to have a light winter jacket...and plenty of trick or treating times when it was in fact snowing. So fleece with a wind breaker will probably do the trick. And maybe light gloves. You can always buy a toque if you need one. They are calling for a colder than normal winter this year. Last year we had brutally cold days (-40 in February) so I can't imagine this year being any colder! Next year could be mild again. Who knows! But by mid October it is definitely getting cool here.

Comment

You know, I traveled around the world in 1996 the mid april to mid may time of year. London was warm, Ireland was freezing, Hong Kong was warm, Southern Austrailia was cool. I took a lightweight thinsulate jacket, a stocking cap, light gloves and was comfortable regardless of the wind or the rain or the temp. As a side note, my husband and I each packed a back pack with no more than 20 lbs for a 40 day trip...jacket/swimsuit/shorts/dress/pants/tshirt...you won't see the same people everyday, so you don't need variety, and you can rinse and clean in a sink.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Thank you for all your comments they have been really helpful. So it seems a light fleece, windcheater and gloves along with t-shirts and cut offs. Seems like the packing we do for a SUMMER holiday in England!!

Comment

Working...
              X