When does Fall arrive with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does Fall arrive with you?

I know it seems a silly question but all my adult life I have wanted to visit New England in the Fall. All being well I will be making the trip next year - so excited. Have been looking at the tour books here in England and don't fancy getting up at the crack of dawn every day to visit loads of places.
    So have decided to have a 2 hotel visit. The idea is to stay near Niagara falls to explore the area for around a week then move down to maybe Boston. We will see if we can pick up trips from both places but not sure which way round to do it - is it Canada first the Boston or the other way around?
    I do hope you kind people can help. This is a once in a lifetime trip so I really need to get it right!

Re: When does Fall arrive with you?

I haven't seen fall in 30 yrs. Can I come with you
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

This morning I had to turn on the furnace
      Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls too! Take lots of pictures!
        Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Still needing the AC now and then here. Leaves are getting brown, but that's because we had less than an inch of rain in the past month, and near 90's temps.

Comment

If you are coming to see the foliage, here in Vermont the foliage starts turning from the north border down to the southern border with the peak color starting around September 20th through the second week in October. Though this year it is late. I went up to a northern quilt shop and the leaves only are half turned. We did finally have frost so they will be changing quickly now.
            Wendy
            http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I was upstate about 2 weeks ago and some trees were just starting to get some color, I'm going back up tomorrow so I can let you know how they are now.
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

In the midwest we are starting to see a few changes - it has been slowly changing for the last couple weeks, but the peak will be in the next two to three weeks.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

My friend just moved to Rochester, NY which is by Niagara Falls, it is definitely fall there by October.... depending on the year it can last through November, but it's not likely. Boston is a fantastic city to visit no matter what time of year, but nicer in the fall than the heat of summer, because it is so walkable, and it isnt nice to walk it in the high heats of July and August.

It should be relatively simple to fly into Boston from the UK, I'm not sure how is best to get from there to the falls (I've never been to them myself!) as it is quite a distance. If you really want to drive, you would go through the mountains of rural new york and it could be amazing. Or you could fly from Boston to Rochester. the train wouldn't be direct at all and isn't a great option unless you fly into Newark, NJ and out of Boston.

Comment

I went to upper NY last year in mid Oct. and it snowed a bit! We had only fleece with us, but shopped for and got a really nice warm down coat. I'm going again this year and hope to see some beautiful color! I will be going to Canada also, but will be prepared this year!

Comment

We had thought of maybe flying into the airport nearest Niagara then get an internal flight down to Boston. Think we need to visit a travel agent to book trips etc as DH doesn't want to drive (used to be a truck driver before he retired). So don't think being an independent traveler will be so easy when we don't know the country and no one wants to drive!!!

Comment

We went to Niagara Falls last Summer and have been to Boston several times as well. I don't know the best way to get from one to the other but I will say that I would stay at Niagara on the Lake next time if we ever go again. The Niagara Falls area is so very commercial and we really preferred the more quiet Niagara on the Lake area.
                        I love Boston, it is a wonderful place to learn about American history, it is a walkable city but taking a hop on and hop off bus to get the lay of the land is a good idea, too.

Comment

Ditto HulaMoon. I have never lived north of the Mason-Dixon line. I cannot help with the leaf turning question as our palm trees remain green year around. I lived in VA once and do miss the seasons terribly.

Comment

just starting to turn here in the lower Hudson Valley
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

my daughter who lives in upper NY says Buffalo is the closest airport to Niagara Falls but it would be cheaper to fly into Rochester. She says her leaves started to change about a week ago and should last about another two weeks. Boston will be behind them by a week or so. You might check into the Amtrak train that does a leave tour.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X