Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you reading?

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
    I've run out of Dresden Files books, so I started the Iron Druid series. Just caught up on that one too, so I'm looking......
    Have you read the Kings and Sorcerers series by Morgan Rice? Or how about "To Carry the Horn" by Karen Myers? That's another good series.
    Tammy W.

Comment

I'm a mystery fan.....and I could not live without my Kindle. I have been an avid reader since childhood. Then when I started wearing progressive lens glasses I found I could only read for short periods of time and my eyes would become tired and start tearing up. So I gradually stopped reading. Then - about 20 years later, my DIL suggested I try her Kindle......WOW...I could read again.
      Needless to say I haven't stopped since. And for some reason I'm now addicted to mysteries of all kinds. I just love to curl up with my Kindle and a really good "who done it".
      The one drawback I find is that once I'm about 2 chapters into a book, I can't tell you what the title is for love nor money. With a book you see the title and author every time you pick it up.....with the Kindle, you fire up and bingo you're in the exact spot you left off.

Right now I'm reading Deborah Borroughs Paradise Valley Mystery series (I had to go look it up)..I'm on book 4 and it's pretty good. I usually download freebies from Book Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaThyme View Post
        Have you read the Kings and Sorcerers series by Morgan Rice? Or how about "To Carry the Horn" by Karen Myers? That's another good series.
        Yes to the first, have to look for the second. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
          I am reading Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty which was on sale from Amazon last week for 2.99 and I was just desperate for something to read. It's really good!! Contemporary fiction about 3 married couples who are good friends. Will not give anything away except to say that something major happens at a backyard barbecue. It is about 400 pages and moves very quickly. Every chapter keeps you wondering what happens at the BBQ? I just got to that part and believe me it is worth waiting for.
          I'm reading this too! LOVE Liane Moriarty! LOVE!

Comment

Gerri, I love Jodi Daynard and can't wait for her new release.

I read Kindle. Right now I'm reading The Young Country Doctor series by Vernon Coleman. I read Patrick Taylor's books before that. I'm an avid reader. I love historical fiction and medical fiction. I tend to find an author I like and read everything they've written or until I tire of it and move on.

Comment

Patience Griffins newest and last for a while book "It Happened in Scotland" came out yesterday. She will be at some quilt shows:
              Only kidding! I'm not off to Scotland just yet. But I will be at the Road to California quilt show, January 19th-22nd, in the Craftsman's Touch-Books booth. I'll be signing books alongside fellow quilt novelist, Arlene Sachitano. I'll have all six Kilts and Quilts novels, plus the Laird and I with me. Please come by and say hi!

Other dates and places to find me in 2017:

February 5-11, 2017
              The Kathy Dunigan Academy of Applique

March 10-13, 2017
              Dallas Quilt Show

April 26-29, 2017
              QuiltWeek Paducah

August 11-12, 2017
              Plano Quilt Show

September 13-24, 2017
              Quilt tour of Scotland

November 2-5, 2017
              International Quilt Festival Houston

Happy reading
              The above list is where she will be at quilt shows. I met her in Rosemont, IL at their quilt show and she is the nicest lady. I love her series. You can check out her website for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                The Lord laid it on my heart for a Christian Reading Challenge for 2017 so I created a new group on Goodreads if anyone would like to join the challenge. The idea is to read 52 books per year (more or less, up to you), with a different topic each week. You can choose whatever book you like for each category (fiction, non-fiction, audiobook or Kindle) as long as they fit that week's category. Example weekly topics are Read a Book on Prayer, Read a Book on Forgiveness...... Hopefully, for those that want to grow closer to Christ, this reading challenge will be an encouragement. There is a Q&A topic in the group or you can PM me here if you have any questions. Thanks for looking. https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...ding-challenge
                I hope your group does well Alina. It sounds fun, but I read just 19 books last year, so I would not keep up with y'all if I joined. I did pretty well reading, but slowed down a lot in the fall and haven't done much read at all since then. I tend to read in spurts. I'm sure I'll pick up a book sooner or later. Just not 52 of them! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                  I hope your group does well Alina. It sounds fun, but I read just 19 books last year, so I would not keep up with y'all if I joined. I did pretty well reading, but slowed down a lot in the fall and haven't done much read at all since then. I tend to read in spurts. I'm sure I'll pick up a book sooner or later. Just not 52 of them! LOL
                  The Challenge is set up for 52 books in 52 weeks but does not mean you have to do all of that to join! It is Your Challenge to do as you please. Perhaps choose 12 of the topics or so and focus on those. It's meant for fun/growth and not to be a chore!
                  I am Sew Blessed!
                  Alina

Comment

I am reading "The Worst Hard Time" about the Great Depression. Very interesting.

Comment

I just finished reading "The Shadow Year" by Hannah Richell. I really enjoyed it and will look for her first book "The House of Tides"

Comment

I don't have much time to read except before bed. I have been engrossed with the cosy mysteries lately. They're not gory, and no 4 letter words. Just light reading. I do love Clyde Cussler adventure books. Again, the language is clean, and the stories are super interesting. I use the library for my reading. I enjoy going in and looking through the stacks. I love the smell of books, and like the weight of a book in my hand.

Comment

I have a book going all the time. I read during the TV commercials, when eating meals, having a coffee break, waiting in dr.'s offices, etc. I read anywhere from 100-150 books a year. I love Amish fiction, Christian fiction, inspirational books. My recent "find" is author Lori Benton, who writes historical fiction/romance. I just finished Burning Sky and The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty J View Post
                            I love reading and always wanted to work in a library. Volunteered for the years my boys were in grade school and it was so much fun. I have a Kindle and a Kindle Fire. If I'm reading outside sometimes I can't see the words on the Fire if it is too sunny out. My plain Kindle I can read anytime anywhere.
                            I just finished the series by Patience Griffin A series of books about Quilting in Scotland. Really good light reads.
                            I also am reading a historical fiction book called "Mrs. Lincolns' Rival" by Jennifer Chivarini (spelling?) I loved her quilting series books. Thanks to all the posters for posting their favorites now I can check out and find some of them at my local library.
                            Age: 69 too old to become the librarian--was a nurse instead. Had a very rewarding career that I loved.
                            You should get the Kindle Paperwhite - you can read it outside. I have a Kindle Fire and the Paperwhite.....love them both.

Comment

Working...
                            X