WOW Thursday has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW Thursday has arrived

WOW already? I did not do much of anything yesterday after all. Les and I went into town, I needed some groceries, and he needed to see his Mom. She is doing well. Then we had coffee at my sister-in-law's, lunch was at a chip stand and then home again. I did Doug's laundry and that's about all I did all day.

This weekend is our big Oktoberfest. I have to work Saturday till noon. I may or may not attend (been there done that) but I will go buy lunch and supper.

Tomorrow I was asked to attend an information session at the elementary school. It is all about the family whose name is on the school. Sounds very interesting.

And Ashley isn't able to come this weekend after all. So it will be a quiet weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: WOW Thursday has arrived

Good morning! Home from 8 days doing things with MSQC! What a week! First thing, I submitted two quilts to the Birthday Bash Quilt Show, so they had to reach MSQC by Wednesday of last week. So I headed out that morning with all my stuff to deliver them. Then off to my son's house for several day to see the grandkids and help them celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary. On Friday I returned to Hamilton for Rob Appel's trunk show! Wow, what an inspiring guy he is! Beautiful body of work to go along with his life story full of ups and downs, but he is definitely a winner! He came into the retreat center while we were working to give me some advice on completing a quilt that I needed inspiration to finish! The Birthday Bash continued, and prizes were awarded for the Quilt Show. I won $50 in Quilter's Cash for my Binding Tool Star quilt for "Best Use of a MSQC Tutorial". Whooohoo! Then the retreat started Sunday! Wow, was that a whirlwind of sharing, laughing, meeting new faces and enjoying each other for three fun days. Oh, and we sewed and sewed! And of course, the shopping! I had my contest money and $80 in birthday gifts to support my fabric addiction, so the shopping was less painful to the wallet! Tony (GuitarGramma) and I brought our guitars to entertain the troops. Tony's husband wrote two darling songs for us to share, one was about finding treasures in our stash, the second was "You Can Quilt That Out". Jenny even joined the sing along on Monday night after her trunk show. And what a trunk show it was, about 3 hours of sharing, laughing, crying and learning!

Now I have Andrea and Thomas Fuehrer here for a few days to visit St. Louis, we're going to have a good time! Fun days!

Ps, forgot to tell you that I attended the Barn Quilt Painting on Saturday. Now I have a beautiful barn quilt to hang. Seeking just the right barn to hang it on!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; September 29, 2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      Good morning! Home from 8 days doing things with MSQC! What a week! First thing, I submitted two quilts to the Birthday Bash Quilt Show, so they had to reach MSQC by Wednesday of last week. So I headed out that morning with all my stuff to deliver them. Then off to my son's house for several day to see the grandkids and help them celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary. On Friday I returned to Hamilton for Rob Appel's trunk show! Wow, what an inspiring guy he is! Beautiful body of work to go along with his life story full of ups and downs, but he is definitely a winner! He came into the retreat center while we were working to give me some advice on completing a quilt that I needed inspiration to finish! The Birthday Bash continued, and prizes were awarded for the Quilt Show. I won $50 in Quilter's Cash for my Binding Tool Star quilt for "Best Use of a MSQC Tutorial". Whooohoo! Then the retreat started Sunday! Wow, was that a whirlwind of sharing, laughing, meeting new faces and enjoying each other for three fun days. Oh, and we sewed and sewed! And of course, the shopping! I had my contest money and $80 in birthday gifts to support my fabric addiction, so the shopping was less painful to the wallet! Tony (GuitarGramma) and I brought our guitars to entertain the troops. Tony's husband wrote two darling songs for us to share, one was about finding treasures in our stash, the second was "You Can Quilt That Out". Jenny even joined the sing along on Monday night after her trunk show. And what a trunk show it was, about 3 hours of sharing, laughing, crying and learning!

Now I have Andrea and Thomas Fuehrer here for a few days to visit St. Louis, we're going to have a good time! Fun days!

Ps, forgot to tell you that I attended the Barn Quilt Painting on Saturday. Now I have a beautiful barn quilt to hang. Seeking just the right barn to hang it on!
      Barn quilting? On my to-do list.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It's a gloomy day here this morning, which I hear will last for the next couple of days. I like rain, so I'm not bothered by it. Would love to live in Vancouver, BC!

At any rate, I continue to not sew, but rather look at fabric in my sewing room. The fabby for two projects is sitting on my cutting mat as we speak. I find that this happens to me everytime I do a big hawl with making quilts (3 in May, 2 in August).

I went off to physio yesterday and had the somewhat dreaded shockwave therapy done to my knee. Holy crap, did that hurt! I have a tattoo that I sat through 6 1/2 hours for, and the pain was similar. Fortunately, it only lasted 5 minutes, I think! I session down, 2 to go!

I'm off to the not very local BabyLock dealer this morning to talk about sergers. My goal is to make running gear (tights, etc) for DH and me.

Have a great day peeps.
        Last edited by Lyndaj; September 29, 2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Good morning, did you know it's National Coffee Day? Check out your local Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McD;s, etc. for some free or discounted cups of coffee. Might brave the rain to get me some freebees.

Jean you sure had a whirlwind week of fun and games, would have loved hearing you and Toni playing for the M* crowd, must have been a treat having Jenny join you.

Comment

It's still morning and thought I would post again....I got up w-a-a-a-y too early today. I'm sewing a Present Quilt in traditional colors but after this I will make a black/gold one for my DD. Her favorite color has been black since she was born.....try to find black Easter dresses in the 60's. I guess that's why I made so many of her clothes.

It's a little chilly this morning. Jean, you had yourself quite a week. I'm so glad everyone had a great time. How could they not?

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Haven't been here much this week but thought I'd stop in here to see what everyone was up to tonight. Jean, it sure sounds like you had one wonderful week. Congrats on winning Quilters cash. Don't suppose anyone recorded you and Tony singing those original tunes. Would have loved to hear them.

The next few weeks are going to be a bit crazy for me. My son is closing on his new place next Tuesday, I've got our annual breakfast event next Thursday so there will be early mornings and late evenings getting everything set to go. Then the week after that, my sons will actually move up to Peekskill and then a few days later, my sis, brother and I will close on the house in Brooklyn and close that chapter in our family's life. My sister who is very much into genealogy and research on ancestry.com, figured out that the Irish side of our family (my mom's side) have been in that general area (zip code before they invented zip codes) since the
              mid-1800's.

After all of that I have about a week to relax before we have our granddaughter Lily's 1st birthday (how did that happen so fast?) and the weekend after that, dh is taking me away for the weekend to decompress a bit before the whirlwind season of holidays, shopping, craft fairs and new grandbaby arrival.

I have had such a limited amount of time to sew over the last few months and I sure am missing it. But I did finish the lattice quilt in early September and we are happily using it.
              latttice top.jpg

There are quite a few projects in the production line upstairs in my sewing room and I squeeze in a bit of sewing before and after work.

Sleep well everyone.
              Last edited by Ginny B; September 29, 2016, 08:49 PM.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
              X