Townville SC Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Townville SC Shooting

I was driving home from work this afternoon, with no idea of what had happened in Townville. This is a community that is 8 miles from my home. My cell phone rang, a cousin from 50 miles away wanted to know if all of ours were safe...I said what is happening? I have 2 great nephews and a Niece that attend this school. I immediately called my nephew who answered in a voice with more terror then i ever want to hear. He simply said i will call you when I have all three children. Thankfully the 3 children are safe. The boy that has been arrested home is right through the woods behind my house. I don't understand this....a child shooting other children. I live in a rural tight knit community......things like this don't happen here. How are these children ever going to return to this school? play on that playground? Ever feel safe again? I don't know what else to say.....please pray for our community and our country. This has to stop. Something is very wrong with our society. I don't know what the answer is.....I'm just...stunned. This is a rural community that bands together, picnics, tractor shows, little league, trunk or treat at the fire station, talent show......not a place where children shoot children. Oh Lord I don't understand.

Please pray for us all
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: Townville SC Shooting

Thankful that your nephew's children are safe. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been for him and his kids.

So many things like this are happening so often that it's sad and unsettling that we can't even keep track of these terrible news stories.

My heart goes out to you, your family and your community. Hugs to you Liz.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Praying, dear one.

Comment

I am so glad your family is safe! We've had a couple of things in our town recently that have left me saying the same thing - "This doesn't happen here!" It's a scary world, and it seems to be getting worse, not better. I have always felt safe here but now I just don't know anymore. Kids shooting kids, children shooting parents, adults abusing kids - my heart breaks for the children! I am joining you in prayer, for the children in your town and for all children. You are right - something is very wrong in our society and it needs to stop!

Comment

So glad that your family is safe - praying for others - do not understand this evil

Comment

Happy you had good news. It is sad this goes on anywhere. It is so senseless.
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I'm glad you and yours are safe.I pray for all of the injured physically and mentally.I rreally think the lack of discipline has a lot to do with this plus all the violent tv,movies and games kids are Allowed to see today.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Payers for them all, what a mess. I agree with Stationarymom- kids today are surrounded by violence in games, TV, school and they seem to think its just ok and its not! Too many parents let what 'other kids' are doing get in the way of better judgement. Its not easy to keep that junk out of your home....but not impossible. My grandson just started 1st grade and is coming home telling me about kids trying to beat him up at school during recess. Its so sad that kids cant feel safe and accepted at school.

Comment

Terrible event, thankfully your family is all safe. I agree that there is something terribly, terribly wrong in society today. And I fear it can't/won't be fixed and will just continue to get worse.

Prayers for all involved.
                  Donna

Comment

Not too far from us either. But these things touch us all so deeply no matter where we are geographically. Praying for peace, comfort and healing for all concerned.
                    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

What is happening in the world around us? I don't understand it either and we always think, "This will never happen here". Well now it is.

Senseless. Thankfully all of your family is safe. Hopefully, one day, they will all feel safe again.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Prayers for all - in South Carolina and the rest of the troubled world.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Prayers for everyone. There are many troubled children and adults in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                            Prayers for all - in South Carolina and the rest of the troubled world.
                            Adding my prayers as I'm so sad for all involved.

Comment

We certainly have reached a point of moral decline. I remember when we all watched the same 3 channels to influence our lives and we talked about right and wrong. Now, the conversation is about how to get ahead no matter what and the children are left with video games and tvs in their rooms to entertain them. Reality tv isn't reality and we all know it, so what examples do our children have other than their games and music, all of which seem pretty violent. Our own children (yours included) have us as examples and for the most part are paying attention to what our childrens likes and dislikes are. 50 years ago we had mental hospitals but we declared them unfit. We mainstream children with learning disabilitie into the classrooms and create frustrations for them as well as the fast paced learners. We try to be a caring society by inclusion and perhaps we are creating more exclusion by doing so.
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X