Am I being awful???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being awful???

I couldn't take it anymore. I mean really. I guess the guys have been playing music while they work but I've never really noticed it. Maybe they've never played it this loud or hadn't listened to ROCK101 before. I couldn't take it anymore today, so I just went out and told them it's giving me a migraine and sick to my stomach and apologized.

OMG I feel like my eyeballs are coming out of my head and I have pains in my jaw!!! The music base sound coming from that radio station is awful.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Am I being awful???

Hope they tuned it down for you, or better yet turned it off. kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes they turned it off. They are a nice crew and I've gotten along with them and visa versa. I hated saying anything particularly since it's so close to the end of their day anyway.
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

That's good, sometimes people have the music on just for noise,and don't pay attention to the lyrics or the volume. Kathy
        All quilts cat tested and approved.
        sigpic

Comment

No, you are not being awful. Whether these are co-workers, employees, contractors working on your home (or your neighbors), or some other relationship doesn't matter. I wish more would be considerate of those around them when they crank the tunes.

I can take loud music. I can take Country, Rock, Folk, Classical, Pop, Heavy Metal, and even Rap.

What I can't take is when the Bass level it turned up so high that it makes the fillings in my teeth vibrate. Instant headache.

Comment

Music doesn't normally annoy me either Caroline so I was very surprised that it was happening. Yes it's when the base level is loud I forgot about that. It's only happened once before when the school down the street had it going all day outside at the end of the year. By the 4th day it was like chinese water torture. It had never happened like that before and on the fifth day I shut all the windows and turned the air on. I finally said something to a neighbor who is friends with the gym teacher at the school and the next week they corrected whatever was causing it.

Also I noticed that there appears to be a change in the weather coming tonight and tomorrow so a barometer drop may have egged it on too. Your description is SO accurate re the fillings in your teeth vibrating LOL

Comment

It's good they turned it down. I still can't believe some kids (I was one too) go down the street with the base so loud it shakes the house almost. It's a known fact you can lose some of your hearing from it. I stood near many speakers in my concert days thinking that was good music. lol
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

haha, the good news would be you could lose your hearing....the bad news is it would be everything except the base .

Comment

I think men find it difficult not to have background noise all the time. I'm good with silence
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

i think you are correct! But I think it is partly because had kids with us all day. I remember turning off the radio when dh went back outside or back to work! lOL But the kids were still inside with me, keeping the house noisy. ;-)

I have asked workers to turn their music off before. I am 70% deaf and can't hear anything if there is too much background noise. I am good with silence for a long time before I will turn on music or tv.

Comment

I spoke to an audiologist once who said that her field is going to be booming (no pun intended) in the next 20 years because of the levels that people listen to one of them and i am proof of that for sure. I LOVED loud music back in the day. Used to always dance right by the speakers at the bars when I went dancing. At 50 years old I am now experiencing the effects of that with hearing loss.

Glad they respected your headache and turned it down. xox

Comment

They didn't show up today so I hope I didn't scare them off. But actually I'm relieved they didn't come. It was nice to have today off from the noise. Also the barometer has been wonky so I never did get rid of the low grade headache but it was nowhere near what it was yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                          I think men find it difficult not to have background noise all the time. I'm good with silence
                          I think you are right.
                          I'll be working in the barn and hubby will come in, turn on the radio, adjust the station, and then leave. I didn't want the radio on, and I certainly didn't want to listen to the Men's Room banter while working. Next time I see him, he will have his hearing protection with radio ear muffs on. Grrr.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                          X