Holy moly, it's Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy moly, it's Monday

Well good morning friends. I had a busy weekend. To start things off, my mother-in-law was moved into a seniors residence on Saturday morning. It was a sad day for Les but he got through it. Yesterday was her birthday, we my brother-in-law got a cake and we celebrated with her. I did notice that she NEEDS a quilt for her bed, dusty rose is her color. So guess what? I will be meeting with a few forum members in a couple of weeks for a visit and a shop hop. Now I am on a mission. I did manage to sew a little on Saturday too.

As well yesterday, Les & I went to Ottawa to the market and I bought tomatoes and most of the other stuff I need to make salsa. On Thursday I made 12 jars of relish. I still need a few things for the salsa. And then we went to the racetrack for supper and an evening. We weren't very lucky this time.

Our big Oktoberfest is this weekend coming. We usually don't go, (been there, done that) as it is the same every year. The only time I go is to get food, we feast on sausage with sauerkraut all weekend. Les is entering a horseshoe tournament and I am expecting Ashley (new daughter-in-law to be) to come for a little visit. She will drop off invitations and such, so a busy weekend ahead.

So that is what is shaping up for me. I also have a week's work booked next week.

Have a great day friends. To those traveling back home after the big retreat, SAFE TRAVELS.

Have a great
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Holy moly, it's Monday

Wow...sure is quiet in there this morning! Dreary dark and rainy day here so good day to be at work. I was ill on Friday and most Saturday with what I thought was a head cold and then it just went away! Woke this morning with a mild headache so hoping that will leave soon. Just had some caffeine so hoping that will help.

Not much exciting on the weekend. Shampooed one area rug on the main floor, will do the other tonight or tomorrow. Stayed up until 1 a.m. watching standup comedy on YouTube and then just woke up at 6:30 which was frustrating as my alarm goes off at 6:45! I am NOT a morning person! Having people over on Friday for a movie night...people I have never met so that will be interesting! Will post about it in another thread.

Hoping all are having a blast at the retreat!! Will miss you all around here. Should have done a roll call to see who all was goin! Hope you find some time to come in and keep us sad left behinders updated in how it's going!

Sending love and hugs to all those in need! xoxox

Comment

Good Morning Monique, and all who follow,
      Was a busy weekend, much to do. This week is busy too. Hoping to get some sewing time. Don't we all hope for sewing time. I swear I'm busier now than when I worked.
      Monique, glad to hear your MIL is getting settled. I know how hard this must be on all of you.
      Bubby glad to hear your little Olive is home,and doing much better.
      No fall weather for us 90 some degrees outside, while I was baking cookies. DH asked if I was crazy to heat up the house like that, but he liked the cookies. Am making soup for supper. Even though we won't have fall weather for awhile, I'm in a fall cooking/baking mood.
      Hugs and prayers to all who need. Blessed Birth Day wishes to those who celebrate today.
      Loved the pictures of the Bash. Nice that they shared the fun, with those who didn't go. Nice to see who's who too.
      Have a good day Kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I survived the trip home from Hamilton yesterday. I swear I saw more back roads in Missouri than I ever want to see again. I kept hitting detours that wandered me around the countryside. That's what I get for deciding to be brave and take a new way home. Thought I would be on major highways but the construction gods decided not.

Anyway, I had a great time meeting people at the pizza party. I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out of the lobby for being so noisy. Two women came in who had been at the birthday bash but weren't part of the forum so one of them got signed up on the spot. Wish I could remember her name but I got her picture!
        sigpic

Comment

Holy Moly it's Monday afternoon already! Haven't got much done this morning but hope to be more productive this afternoon. Need to clean up sewing area as it's messy after sewing a few more pillowcases for Louisana kids. Need to take a photo of them and then package them for mailing.

See that the Hamilton retreaters have been arriving back home, eagerly awaiting for all their stories and photos.

Comment

Monday Greetings! It's already just past noon. A busy morning. Called the dentist first thing at 80 to report my sore jaw. She was able to get me in at 8:30! I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, but had a quick slice of cinnamon toast & milk & dashed off. The new digital X-rays showed an abscess at the base of my molar. A crown was put on that tooth earlier this year. He said they can make a small opening in the crown & do the root canal without removing the crown. Rarely does the crown break, he said, so I'm hoping for the best. So... got an Rx for an antibiotic & walked to the next door office for an appt. with the endodontist for next week to have a root canal done. I don't want to undergo another extraction. The dentist said I should have less pain once the antibiotic kicks in.

I did more FMQ yest. The main part is done. Just have the border to do now. I probably will get that done this afternoon. Might even get started on the binding. It's nice to once again have some time for quilting.

Comment

JCY...I had a root canal performed through a crown and it was painless and has worked out well.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
              X